• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A few questions for those with large collections

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Buy as many as you want - they are cheap.

The second great thing about watches is that the wife can't tell them apart;

If you tell her you bought another watch, she'll ask why and say it looks just like the one you already have.
If you don't tell her you bought another watch she won't notice.

If your wife pours scorn on fake watches, get the fake watch anyway and invest in beer / bowling / black jack.

I echo this :)

Time_Keeper

Horology Curious
4/1/19
I’ve been through many phases of watch collecting.

When I first started it was all about Rolex, then AP. After being around the forums for long enough I decide to try a Pam and see what all the fuss was about.

I’ve bought, sold and given to friends and family around 50 watches over the last 5 years, I bought a watchbox which could hold 24 pieces but have recently started selling off anything I don’t wear once again.

My current collection of reps and gens combined stands around 12 which is still too many for me I’ve realised, if you told me that when I started 5 years ago I would have laughed but this is the latest phase, let’s see how I feel in 3 months!

Wearing my favourite rep today, one of the reasons I don’t want any more, they won’t get this off my wrist!

8b25e7bea0e7aaf815e0fb1cdb882bd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk