• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Konstantin Chaykin Joker

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I don't think it's even a true moon phase on the automatic? (Not sure, if it would be more likely on quartz?)

Yeah, I know that, which is why I'm asking. Sometimes Quartz can have complications and not sacrifice thickness.

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
Yeah, I know that, which is why I'm asking. Sometimes Quartz can have complications and not sacrifice thickness.

I have been told that tongue on existing Quartz is just a decoration. That's why it is pretty cheap (Only 1/3 price of auto.) with a decent case/dial...
I gave up after I heard that... lol

TimosL

24/12/18
Athens, Greece
There is a set of photos advertising the watch in KCs IG page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvD_gA6AuCG/

I get a 3D feeling of the watch which I didn't get so far from the rep photos I saw here. I understand that the IG photos are professionally illuminated but I wonder if the rep watch gives also this 3D feeling.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
There is a set of photos advertising the watch in KCs IG page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvD_gA6AuCG/

I get a 3D feeling of the watch which I didn't get so far from the rep photos I saw here. I understand that the IG photos are professionally illuminated but I wonder if the rep watch gives also this 3D feeling.

GEN crystal and "eyes" subdials are different than rep. GEN crystal is clearer and free of distortion even at extreme angles. The GEN "eyes" subdials are convex not flat like on REP. The rest of the dial is pretty "3D" and with Light Studio you could get similar effects.

Reactions: vcappp

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Which means that the current rep is not perfect but could be improved in a V2 I gues..

I would not count on any new versions. This is not a popular release. So I doubt this will be upgraded. Consider it V2 (upgrade from "prototype" models.)

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I would not count on any new versions. This is not a popular release. So I doubt this will be upgraded. Consider it V2 (upgrade from "prototype" models.)

Well, as far as I see these are selling rather well (info not from rep forums where they seem to be not that popular but remember that we are only a small amount of buyers)

Anyway, despite this could be improved (such as all reps can be), I don’t see any need for improvements. The rep is done really well (I have it) and some people have been just to picky imho

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17

If they did the RD Knights of the Round Table v2... they could v2 everything.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Well, as far as I see these are selling rather well (info not from rep forums where they seem to be not that popular but remember that we are only a small amount of buyers)

Anyway, despite this could be improved (such as all reps can be), I don’t see any need for improvements. The rep is done really well (I have it) and some people have been just to picky imho

I love this rep and have been tempted to buy it many times. But I saw in Zürich the gen with the convex eyes and I loved that 3D effect. So I am hoping for that feature... not picky at all otherwise.

Kees

Looking Around
8/8/19
Actually guys, the Konstantin chaykin prototype has been for sale already a few times by registered dealers. It’s not a flaw, just a version made by komstantin himself and been sold ar action!

Kees

Looking Around
8/8/19
So the prototype konstantin chaykin joker is rare, but there are a few real ones on the watch market!

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
Man this is really cool!
And one of the many times I’ve noticed I’d been away for too long.... ????
Will check this out ASAP!

tsjic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/14
what is the best version to get the A2824 or the nh35a?

tsjic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/14
thanks ordered one, gonna be a long wait thanks to the national holiday T.T