• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is XF okay? I have been waiting for a part from them for so long.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I paid my dealer to get an inner bezel for AP FC diver from XF on Nov.1 and I have been waiting for a whole month with no progress at all.
Asked him several times and he said the waiting time is now longer than usual. I have been wondering if it is that he has lost his channel to the factory or that the XF is playing low key and not eaily releasing watches and spare parts?

Any information from you guys would be appreciated.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Yes they are the same. But I think they operate in different places? Not sure

Hmmm I think it could be a rebranding exercise, similarly to what happened with JF / ARF, which would explain why we haven't seen so many new releases from XF, when instead VSF is releasing new pieces as if there is no tomorrow

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
really? I just wanted to know if I can still get the parts I purchased....

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Any part from any factory takes a while. Often, you won't get the part until they produce a new batch, unless you're paying an ultra premium price and your dealer takes apart another watch to facilitate the part sale...

It took me 7 months to get a replacement part for one of my watches..

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
In case you haven't heard VSF is currently out of business, and they're not expected to recover from the raids until sometime next year at the earliest.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
In case you haven't heard VSF is currently out of business, and they're not expected to recover from the raids until sometime next year at the earliest.

man you probably confused VSF with some other factory. Do you have a source that confirms what you say? VS/XF//V6 is still operating without problem as I heard.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I paid my dealer to get an inner bezel for AP FC diver from XF on Nov.1 and I have been waiting for a whole month with no progress at all.
Asked him several times and he said the waiting time is now longer than usual. I have been wondering if it is that he has lost his channel to the factory or that the XF is playing low key and not eaily releasing watches and spare parts?

Any information from you guys would be appreciated.

It's not just vsf. I've had two parts on order from ZF from two different TD's, one I've been waiting almost 3 months for, nothing so far. Apparently, they won't release the part at the moment. I don't know why. I said how about KMF, OMF, VF as they all have a compatible part that would fit, and was told my best chance is wait for ZF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
It's not just vsf. I've had two parts on order from ZF from two different TD's, one I've been waiting almost 3 months for, nothing so far. Apparently, they won't release the part at the moment. I don't know why. I said how about KMF, OMF, VF as they all have a compatible part that would fit, and was told my best chance is wait for ZF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG really? I purchased a bunch of spare parts from XF and JF without problem and the product is usually delivered in a week from GD province, not sure why it turns out very slow this time.