• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Unauthorized credit card charged

TudorMonkey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/18
I start this thread just to warn people to be careful with using your credit cards, even when it's a TD (so what?).
I will not name the TD here.

So I have a master card (for some reason only MasterCard works on this TD website) that was only used to buy reps from this TD.
Note: this card was never used to buy from anywhere else. Only place it has been to was this TD's website.

So 3 days ago, I noticed this card was charged CNY 800 by a China company. I did not make any payment with this card. The last time I used this card to buy rep was a month ago.
Immediately I called my bank to cancel this card and dispute the amount.

Now, I'm not accusing that the TD charged me fraudulently because I have no proof (it could also be other real criminals too), but I cannot deny the fact that they are the biggest suspect. Why they charged CNY 800 instead or CNY 80,000, that's also beyond me. Maybe it was a genuine mistake.

But my point is, check your statements regularly, and be careful where you input your credit card details.

Cheers and happy xmas shopping guys.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
My card was skimmed last week, 5 attempted transactions from Shenzen China, only 1 of $150 went through

The only time I have ever used this card for an international transaction is with a well known TD, the card is only 4 months old. I can count on 2 hands the amount of times it’s been used at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Its not full proof, but make sure when you're checking out that the site isnt a scam (i.e. not a TD) and that it is secure (i.e. HTTPS). Best I can say is, if it isnt HTTPS, then keep an extra-close eye on your transactions.

I'd also say nearly every major financial services company today has built-in fraud protection (if it doesnt, then its not a card worth having). I've had fraud charges before, I don't lose sleep over it. It's just a very minor hassle to get the card number reissued. Same outlook applies to debit cards.

Reactions: Maron

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
It not the TD but the credit card processing entity. These are illegal goods. They need a credit card processing company who will assist in processing payments for illegal goods. Don’t pay by credit card.

Reactions: DaleM and Maron

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Yeah I’m not blaming the TD, all part of the game.

Specsavers skimmed my grandads card once, he had used it just 1 time ever, they caught the staff member that did it, unlucky haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Why are people still dumb enough to use their CC cards on TD websites.

I think that RWI should also take 'some' responsibility in providing a fair warning for using credit-cards to process these illegal payments. For the past 2 years I have repeatedly warned people in these CC-threads that when they're processing payments (on most TD websites) that they are not using any secure forms. Anyone working the TD website can fully see the entire CC-details and use it as they'd please. It's also incredibly vulnerable to any entry-hacker setting up a sniffer and just grabbing your CC information off the site.

A regular CC-payment gateway would encrypt most numbers and only leave 4 digits visible to shopkeepers (for confirmation purposes). Most TD sites receive the entire number and then process it on their end.

Would I want to send my CC information sent across the world unsecured, to some illegal operation in china selling counterfeit items? Nah, probably not. It's WU/BTC/BT for me.

Reactions: erekose