• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Canada Post on strike...

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
Hey everyone,

So for those of you who aren’t familiar with the situation, Canada Post is the primary postal operator/service up in Canada. They walked off the job on strike from Oct 23 to Nov 27 until the government basically forced them back to work.

Anywho, I have a watch coming in that just cleared customs in mid Nov and it should have arrived a few days afterwards. However, due to the strike, it’s estimated to arrive anywhere between January to March 2019... My only hope now is that the package eventually gets delivered and not lost on the way.

I also haven’t seen anyone else post this on the forums yet, so I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a similar situation. It would help to know that I’m not the only unfortunate soul suffering out here!

Howitzer

19/7/17
UK
Thanks for this info. It would certainly explain an issue I'm having with a watch I shipped to Canada from the UK. Left Heathrow on 8th November and says handed to Canada Post shortly after that. Not a sausage since then, not recognising the tracking number on CP website, nothing on 17Track, etc.

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
Thanks for this info. It would certainly explain an issue I'm having with a watch I shipped to Canada from the UK. Left Heathrow on 8th November and says handed to Canada Post shortly after that. Not a sausage since then, not recognising the tracking number on CP website, nothing on 17Track, etc.

Yeah, my package was shipped through USPS and the tracking number should have been visible by now on Canada Post's website. Yet, almost a month later, the tracking number is still not found :(

mcnut

Horology Curious
12/2/18
West coast Canada
I have lived in Canada for 40 years. Wonderful country, but the postal service sucks, big time. It was bad 20 years ago to, so this is nothing new. Canada Post went through a strike in late November, until the government got pissed and ordered them back to work. Now there is a big back log of mail/parcels.

I have imported many watches over the last three years. Although it takes a long time for delivery, the watches eventually do arrive. A Rolex blusey took 32 days from the United Kingdom to west coast Canada. A regular letter usually makes the trip in only four days. Go figure.

The good news is Canada Customs could care less about watches. I have never had a parcel opened or replica confiscated. Lacy buggers, which is good. :)

Reactions: Maron

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
I have lived in Canada for 40 years. Wonderful country, but the postal service sucks, big time. It was bad 20 years ago to, so this is nothing new. Canada Post went through a strike in late November, until the government got pissed and ordered them back to work. Now there is a big back log of mail/parcels.

I have imported many watches over the last three years. Although it takes a long time for delivery, the watches eventually do arrive. A Rolex blusey took 32 days from the United Kingdom to west coast Canada. A regular letter usually makes the trip in only four days. Go figure.

The good news is Canada Customs could care less about watches. I have never had a parcel opened or replica confiscated. Lacy buggers, which is good. :)

That is very reassuring to hear mcnut . Thanks for letting me know! Another thing is I just hope that the freezing temperatures outside don't damage the movement. My parcel is probably being kept in a truck outside the Toronto sorting facility right now. It's a BK installed genuine ETA 2836 inside.