• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why no factory want make better finished ST-19 chrono movement?

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Everyone should know the St19 is nice hand wind chrono movement , but the problem is the finished of movement is just bad, very ugly finish, since the movement been out over a decade, why no factory wanna make movement has better finished?? It's that so hard to do it? I mean the movement is just been there, no need time to remakeing, all u have to do is make better finished. Right? Also make make PP, or VC have rep better (chronograph rep) , I just don't get it...

Repwatcher01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/18
Simple: no factory believes that is the best investment of their time or money. They make what sells. If they're not making it they either can't or they don't believe it's worth the investment.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The st-19 movement, or Venus 75, has been around for decades with the machinery and rights to manufacture being sold by lemania to seagull. Only made by seagull, the ability of the rep manufacturers to decorate it is somewhat limited unless they want to disassemble it and decorate it. Personally id be Leary of this as the decoration process would most likely make it less reliable. By it's self it is a nice looking movement and just about the most reliable Chronograph movement you can find in a rep.