• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

After 2 months it’s time I speak out. Puretime!

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
For anyone new joining, not worth the read. To summarize: OP expects the same service as if he bought a gen watch from the hodinkee shop, when in fact he bought a counterfeit illegal product from a seller in china, that has as much interest in after-sale service as your local drugdealer.

To OP: As a business owner, you shouldn't be this dumb. Open your eyes and realize what it is you're dealing with here.

Reactions: macarone and rj999

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Pearl - it's a pearl, not a jewel.

Think op was keeping it on the clean side? Jewel necklace opposed to pearl necklace......

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Reactions: tripdog

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Thanks for the mention guys however I'm taking time out over December and Xmas.

But about these ARF issues.. I have a bunch of problems with ARF.

had a few issues with cracked insert, stripped crown thread, date wheel, loose hour hand.
​​​​​These have All been within the last month and it's quite worrying to be frank.
4 times I have had a bezel pearl fall out.

It actually seems like half of ARF have one problem or another. For now I might dodge them because they are not worth the aggrevation.

Last edited:

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
If i owned Puretime I would have shipped the replacement part right away the day after I was contacted. Used the fastest possible shipping method and apologize.
I would then deal with ARF to resolve this issue on the back end. It’s not the customers responsibility.

No you wouldnt.. You couldn't

I've had to get parts off ARF, they take weeks to hand them over they are a nightmare. Makers hate to hand over parts.
A part sold means there is 1 watch which cannot be completed, so if arf only had 50 subs left before their next run of parts, you can be assured they aren't gonna give away a pearl. And ARF charge silly amounts for parts

And also a pearl is on the outside, it's hard to say if that's covered, so I wouldn't blame them if they made you pay. And puretime are not gonna ship it the fasted way by DHL at $28 at their cost, be serious.

Its a cosmetic part on a replica watch, it is not a huge deal.

Your expectations are too high. Being honest..

uhrenfreak will know your pain..

​​

Last edited:

youyou

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/12
OP, I think you provide an interesting point about customer service and owning a business. However, this for better or worse, is an illegal business.

At one point or another, it's a privilege to be able to buy high end replica watches from overseas from an unknown source and pretty much be certain you'll receive the product. Fact of the matter is, there are far more customers than actual TDs you can go to get get the watches/services.

That being said, I've never had a "perfect" replica, they've all had issues, from cosmestics to mechanical. It's often easier to handle it on ones own than deal with overseas interactions. In particular, replacement parts do not have the same fulfillment as completed watches. Regardless how big or how small the part is, the vendor needs to contact their supplier, who may not even necessarily be producing the watch and simply just stocking the watch. And if they manage to procure your replacement part, it may not be until the next batch of watches are being assembled. I've waited 7 months on a replacement dial, but I eventually got it.

Up to a point you've noted that you had issues with other replicas, so you should pretty much know that it comes with the territory. Atleast you don't have a local watchsmith that promises deadlines and fails to deliver. I think that is a bigger problem than an illegal overseas supplier as fixing watches is an actual legit business.

The resellers of these illegal products are just that, resellers. And even if the vendor is an actual manufacturer, well again, the demand of the product exceeds the access that customers have. I think it definitely sucks paying for a product and having to wait an extended period of time to actually enjoy. But on the other hand, do you really want to pay like 10x++ for a gen counterpart? With a gen, you're paying for the service. With replicas, you're basically playing roulette for a large savings...

All TDs have their quirks, I definitely feel your frustrations going with a bigger TD you just expect better service. But again, far less TDs than actual customers. You can't buy high end replicas just from anywhere/anybody. And I certainly believe you're aware of this and continue to buy replicas even with your past issues...

Listen i get what you're saying.
I know it's an illegal business we're dealing with here and when I say customer service I don't expect the same service as if i walked into an actual Rolex store.
But being that Puretime has been around for many years then illegal or not they still do have a functioning business..
And i get that things can go wrong I really do, but a week in on the "latest and greatest" is just frustrating.
I know i'm not the only one dealing with issues buying replicas and trust me when I say i'm not unreasonable.
At pretty much 800$ local currency i just expect it to look and work properly for at least 6-12 months?

youyou

29/8/12
The problem is there is no QC with replica watches the big ARF 2824 thread is the best example it has almost 300 pages and trust me I saw everything there from broken insert over pearls falling out and asyncron hour/minute hands.

You see i think that's a big problem.
We shouldn't expect the kind of QC like you would get from the original manufacturer for example i get it.
But at 500$+ USD that's still a good chunk of money for most and it should be looked at..
Just my 2c

youyou

29/8/12
Im going to take wild guest that they didnt know you were a loyal customer. I dont think they keep records being a black market kinda thing...not giving any excuse to your situation just pretaining to the loyal customer situation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well my account shows all my previous orders dating back to like 2013 so they definitely have some records.

youyou

29/8/12
Both my subs from arf arrived with broken reversing gears. I never send stuff back to China or expect my TD to source me parts.

I just get my local watch Smith to fix it and move on. this ensures less downtime and you get your watch back quickly and absolutely no risk with shipping it back and forth.

As others have pointed out it's a privilege to be able to experience the reps.

Been in this hobby now about 12 months have received over 30 watches in total. About 30% of them had minor issues but nothing that can't be sorted.

The key is find someone local who's happy to work on reps and get them sorted quickly.

All the best.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Trust me when I say I would absolutely have loved to just taken care of it locally.
Even if i paid 100$ for the pearl and 50$ to install it i would have done it no questions asked.
But i have no idea who would work and have parts for Replica watches here.
And the last thing i would do is walk into a Reputable dealer and ask them to fix my Replica watch.

youyou

29/8/12
It is a gamble this game isn’t it? My first thought was that maybe it’s safer to purchase M2M but I’ve purchased several watches, some from TD’s and some from members, I’ve had issues with most of them, members not being totally honest with the condition of the watch and defect issues with the TD watches, I think that maybe buying from well respected members is the way to go, and these watches have already been tried and tested and so maybe be less likely to fail?? Always had a good experience with Puretime, I have a minor issue with my V9 Sub glidelock and they offered to replace it if I sent it back, it’s really only a minor issue so I’ve decided to live with it to save the hassle, but they did do everything right with their intent to replace...

I agree i think it really is a gamble at this point.
But man having a Pearl fall off a week or so in basically kills the whole thing.
No way you can wear it without a Pearl.

youyou

29/8/12
Or may be buy gen? You will get a champagne sit in the lounge and have someone to clean your watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup i'm turning 40 next year and i'll be treating myself to a Gen.
Funny enough with all the money i spent on Reps i could have easily gotten a couple of Gen's already.

Reactions: Surftime

youyou

29/8/12
Well I agree with OP regarding the customer service of PT...

I previously ordered an AP ROO Diver rubber strap and I mean I stressed on many occasions for them to send the tube and screws to mount the strap to the diver head.. was told a few times they are there.. package arrives 2weeks later and no tube/screws. So I was left sitting with a watch head and strap but nothing to mount them together with..

Emailed their customer service and was sent my QC pic with a big red circle stating 'see they are there'... at this point I was annoyed so I sent a picture back from a google image with a big red circle showing the screws I requested that were missing.. received a reply days later stating I had to pay an additional 15usd to get these...

As OP said the additional costs were no bearing on me but don't state you have listened to my request charge me then send me a parcel with the missing parts!

I feel you..
That just royally sucks!

youyou

29/8/12
Ordered several watches from multiple td’s with fast reliable shipping to the U.S., a few weeks ago I reached out to puretime for a replacement Pam 438 band for a watch that did not come from them, they sourced it QC’d it with a honest flaw they pointed out, quickly sourced another and sent it on it’s way with what I consider quick. The whole process was a lil over 2 weeks. This is to a frustrating hobby as noted and expected, I hope you get your jewel.

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

I appreciate it.
I'm happy you got taken care of quickly and got what you asked for.
Unfortunately for me this time around that just wasn't the case.

youyou

29/8/12
For anyone new joining, not worth the read. To summarize: OP expects the same service as if he bought a gen watch from the hodinkee shop, when in fact he bought a counterfeit illegal product from a seller in china, that has as much interest in after-sale service as your local drugdealer.

To OP: As a business owner, you shouldn't be this dumb. Open your eyes and realize what it is you're dealing with here.

Here we go.
The forum bully.

Reactions: The Rod

youyou

29/8/12
No you wouldnt.. You couldn't

I've had to get parts off ARF, they take weeks to hand them over they are a nightmare. Makers hate to hand over parts.
A part sold means there is 1 watch which cannot be completed, so if arf only had 50 subs left before their next run of parts, you can be assured they aren't gonna give away a pearl. And ARF charge silly amounts for parts

And also a pearl is on the outside, it's hard to say if that's covered, so I wouldn't blame them if they made you pay. And puretime are not gonna ship it the fasted way by DHL at $28 at their cost, be serious.

Its a cosmetic part on a replica watch, it is not a huge deal.

Your expectations are too high. Being honest..

uhrenfreak will know your pain..

​​

So i get it.
As someone who sells these watches you know more about the backend.
I'll have to disagree with you on my expectations being too high.
I'm sorry but if i'm spending close to 800$ in local currency then my expectations should be that i get what i paid for.
I don't expect it to last me a lifetime but i do expect it to work and look the way it should for at least 6-12 months.
Also you say it's a cosmetic part not a big deal. You see to me that's one of the biggest deals.
Aren't we all chasing the cosmetically perfect watch? I know that's not possible on a Rep.
But not having a pearl makes it unwearable. I can't walk around with a "Rolex" with no pearl.

And to finish no one even mentioned the 28$ DHL option.
I would have paid 28$ or even 38$ if i knew i'd still be waiting for my pearl 2 months later.