• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

After 2 months it’s time I speak out. Puretime!

youyou

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/12
I’ve been buying replicas for close to 10 years. All my watches have been bought from Puretime. I’ve bought for myself and for friends as well. I’ve had multiple occasions where I was quite disappointed. I always get the most expensive watches ( Rolex, Panerai’s) and they never stand the test of time. What I mean by that is that a couple of months in something breaks.
Dealing with them to resolve these issues is 90% or the time quite frustrating and ends nowhere.
What i always end up telling myself is that all these watches come from pretty much the same place and these things would most likely happen regardless of what vendor I use.
I also always end up telling myself despite all this crap I’ve always gotten the watch so I know I’ll get the product I paid for.
Well now I’ve had enough.
End of September I decided to order the Rolex ARF Hulk.
Lets not get into the whole exchange rate BS where I’m suppose to pay a certain price and it ends up close to 50$ more.
Total amount shipped was around 780$ Canadian.

Well about one week in the jewel just falls off. I didn’t hit anything, I’m not rough with my watch, it just disappeared.
Not glued well enough, poor quality, I don’t know..
At this point after spending so much money and going for the best they have to offer I have enough and email them. A few days later and a few emails later they “agree” to send me a new jewel.
They have the audacity to charge me 15$ for shipping the tiny little jewel. But ok. Whatever I’ll pay. I just want my 800$ investment to look normal.
This was the first week of October.
We’re now December and I still haven’t received a thing. I email them and all they have to say is the service is slow.
Are you FREAKING kidding me??
Not only do they charge me for shipping a jewel on your defective 780$ Canadian watch that you sold me but 2 months later I still don’t have it and your only answer is it slow.
Did they ship it by boat?
I’ve never ever dealt with such BS in my life and by writing this I hope someone from Puretime will wake up and take care of a customer that’s purchased many watches from them over the course of many years.
Horrible experience that I’m still dealing with.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It's an ARF issue :/ some other members had the same problem. Same with broken ceramic inserts etc

youyou

29/8/12
It's an ARF issue :/ some other members had the same problem. Same with broken ceramic inserts etc

Really? I did not know.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I absolutely believe it the vendor’s responsibility given I bought it from them.

nsk2135

1/1/17
CONUS
You seem keen to blame PureTime, despite ordering from them for the past 10 (?) years. You just said that you've been buying reps for 10 years, not explicitly that you've been buying reps through PureTime, so I apologize if my assumption is incorrect.

That being said, PureTime, like all of our other TDs, are vendors. Yes, they extend us the service of sending us QC pictures, sometimes checking the time-keeping, etc. However, they are just vendors; they send products from China to other countries around the world, including Canada. Sure, there's something to be said about being a repeat customer, but I'm not sure how important of a consideration that is in your case, considering you've been frustrated multiple times in dealing with PureTime in different transactions. As Tigerdragon pointed out, it seems that ARF has an issue with some of their QC, a fact that you did not know. Okay, so maybe ARF should share some blame in not having tighter QC, since they manufacture the watch. Or maybe it's the mail service, who lost a small jewel somewhere between Guangzhou and Canada. This isn't inconceivable, considering you managed to lose a jewel at some point while wearing the watch.

I cannot speak to PureTime's slow response, but at the end of the day they provided an additional service that you paid for, which is to ship to you a replacement jewel. Sure, they maybe could have picked a more reliable or faster mail service, but for something as small and inexpensive as your replacement part, I think it would have been a no-brainer to spend as little as possible on shipping to further mitigate costs to the customer (considering he's paying $15 for a little thing, in addition to the $780 watch). Also, $15 is not expensive for sending something around the world, even if it's the size of a small pebble.

I would suggest searching on the forum and finding one domestically, or if none is available, seek the replacement part at another TD if you do not wish to continue communications with PureTime. I'm sure finding one would not be hard, though. At the end of the day, you're out at least $15 in sunk cost, not considering the time you spent communicating with PureTime in vain or the time you spent typing this message up to the rest of the forum, so consider whether ranting about this and potentially continuing to get nowhere is worth it.

youyou

29/8/12
You seem keen to blame PureTime, despite ordering from them for the past 10 (?) years. You just said that you've been buying reps for 10 years, not explicitly that you've been buying reps through PureTime, so I apologize if my assumption is incorrect.

That being said, PureTime, like all of our other TDs, are vendors. Yes, they extend us the service of sending us QC pictures, sometimes checking the time-keeping, etc. However, they are just vendors; they send products from China to other countries around the world, including Canada. Sure, there's something to be said about being a repeat customer, but I'm not sure how important of a consideration that is in your case, considering you've been frustrated multiple times in dealing with PureTime in different transactions. As Tigerdragon pointed out, it seems that ARF has an issue with some of their QC, a fact that you did not know. Okay, so maybe ARF should share some blame in not having tighter QC, since they manufacture the watch. Or maybe it's the mail service, who lost a small jewel somewhere between Guangzhou and Canada. This isn't inconceivable, considering you managed to lose a jewel at some point while wearing the watch.

I cannot speak to PureTime's slow response, but at the end of the day they provided an additional service that you paid for, which is to ship to you a replacement jewel. Sure, they maybe could have picked a more reliable or faster mail service, but for something as small and inexpensive as your replacement part, I think it would have been a no-brainer to spend as little as possible on shipping to further mitigate costs to the customer (considering he's paying $15 for a little thing, in addition to the $780 watch). Also, $15 is not expensive for sending something around the world, even if it's the size of a small pebble.

I would suggest searching on the forum and finding one domestically, or if none is available, seek the replacement part at another TD if you do not wish to continue communications with PureTime. I'm sure finding one would not be hard, though. At the end of the day, you're out at least $15 in sunk cost, not considering the time you spent communicating with PureTime in vain or the time you spent typing this message up to the rest of the forum, so consider whether ranting about this and potentially continuing to get nowhere is worth it.

I blame Puretime because they’re the ones that sold me the watch.
They sold me the watch then they are the ones representing the “brand” product they are selling.
I paid Puretime. Not ARF.

Second, I couldn’t care less about the 15$. If I spent 780$ on a watch, surely the 15$ won’t break the bank.
It’s the principal that matters most to me.
I have a business of my own and If i sell a defective product you can be sure I’ll take care of fixing the issue for my customer. Especially a repeat customer.

I work 14 hours a day so trying to source out a jewel locally would be more time consuming then anything.
Many people on these forums are much more knowledgeable then I am and this is more of a passion to them.
I come here to get informed as much as I can but to start fiddling around with watches etc is just not up my alley.
I pay top $ to get the product and call it a day.

Now its been 2 months and i now and only now took some time out of my Friday evening to share my frustration.
After all these forums are meant to discuss things.
Get opinions and help.

If i owned Puretime I would have shipped the replacement part right away the day after I was contacted. Used the fastest possible shipping method and apologize.
I would then deal with ARF to resolve this issue on the back end. It’s not the customers responsibility.

Reactions: shanej and Astajic

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
During 10 years with repeated disappointing experiences, why did you stick with Puretime?

Why didn’t you just switch to another TD with stellar reputation - say Lucy, Marvellous, RepPossessed (he is in the UK and based on his writing and feedback has a business conscious similar to yours)

Reactions: Thrasher

youyou

29/8/12
During 10 years with repeated disappointing experiences, why did you stick with Puretime?

Why didn’t you just switch to another TD with stellar reputation - say Lucy, Marvellous, RepPossessed (he is in the UK and based on his writing and feedback has a business conscious similar to yours)

You’re right I probably should have.
It was just easy I guess.
As i mentioned I knew that with Puretime I’d at least get the product.
I had read a few stories on these forums of people not getting their watches.
I tried buying a couple of watches from Toro’s but that never worked out. Either they didn’t have it in stock or were too slow to get back to me.
Do you mind sharing a link or something where I can get more info on RepPossessed.
Thank you

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
OP, I think you provide an interesting point about customer service and owning a business. However, this for better or worse, is an illegal business.

At one point or another, it's a privilege to be able to buy high end replica watches from overseas from an unknown source and pretty much be certain you'll receive the product. Fact of the matter is, there are far more customers than actual TDs you can go to get get the watches/services.

That being said, I've never had a "perfect" replica, they've all had issues, from cosmestics to mechanical. It's often easier to handle it on ones own than deal with overseas interactions. In particular, replacement parts do not have the same fulfillment as completed watches. Regardless how big or how small the part is, the vendor needs to contact their supplier, who may not even necessarily be producing the watch and simply just stocking the watch. And if they manage to procure your replacement part, it may not be until the next batch of watches are being assembled. I've waited 7 months on a replacement dial, but I eventually got it.

Up to a point you've noted that you had issues with other replicas, so you should pretty much know that it comes with the territory. Atleast you don't have a local watchsmith that promises deadlines and fails to deliver. I think that is a bigger problem than an illegal overseas supplier as fixing watches is an actual legit business.

The resellers of these illegal products are just that, resellers. And even if the vendor is an actual manufacturer, well again, the demand of the product exceeds the access that customers have. I think it definitely sucks paying for a product and having to wait an extended period of time to actually enjoy. But on the other hand, do you really want to pay like 10x++ for a gen counterpart? With a gen, you're paying for the service. With replicas, you're basically playing roulette for a large savings...

All TDs have their quirks, I definitely feel your frustrations going with a bigger TD you just expect better service. But again, far less TDs than actual customers. You can't buy high end replicas just from anywhere/anybody. And I certainly believe you're aware of this and continue to buy replicas even with your past issues...

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The problem is there is no QC with replica watches the big ARF 2824 thread is the best example it has almost 300 pages and trust me I saw everything there from broken insert over pearls falling out and asyncron hour/minute hands.

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
Im going to take wild guest that they didnt know you were a loyal customer. I dont think they keep records being a black market kinda thing...not giving any excuse to your situation just pretaining to the loyal customer situation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Both my subs from arf arrived with broken reversing gears. I never send stuff back to China or expect my TD to source me parts.

I just get my local watch Smith to fix it and move on. this ensures less downtime and you get your watch back quickly and absolutely no risk with shipping it back and forth.

As others have pointed out it's a privilege to be able to experience the reps.

Been in this hobby now about 12 months have received over 30 watches in total. About 30% of them had minor issues but nothing that can't be sorted.

The key is find someone local who's happy to work on reps and get them sorted quickly.

All the best.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
It is a gamble this game isn’t it? My first thought was that maybe it’s safer to purchase M2M but I’ve purchased several watches, some from TD’s and some from members, I’ve had issues with most of them, members not being totally honest with the condition of the watch and defect issues with the TD watches, I think that maybe buying from well respected members is the way to go, and these watches have already been tried and tested and so maybe be less likely to fail?? Always had a good experience with Puretime, I have a minor issue with my V9 Sub glidelock and they offered to replace it if I sent it back, it’s really only a minor issue so I’ve decided to live with it to save the hassle, but they did do everything right with their intent to replace...

Reactions: RepPossessed

machim

19/7/17
Or may be buy gen? You will get a champagne sit in the lounge and have someone to clean your watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rj999

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
Well I agree with OP regarding the customer service of PT...

I previously ordered an AP ROO Diver rubber strap and I mean I stressed on many occasions for them to send the tube and screws to mount the strap to the diver head.. was told a few times they are there.. package arrives 2weeks later and no tube/screws. So I was left sitting with a watch head and strap but nothing to mount them together with..

Emailed their customer service and was sent my QC pic with a big red circle stating 'see they are there'... at this point I was annoyed so I sent a picture back from a google image with a big red circle showing the screws I requested that were missing.. received a reply days later stating I had to pay an additional 15usd to get these...

As OP said the additional costs were no bearing on me but don't state you have listened to my request charge me then send me a parcel with the missing parts!

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Ordered several watches from multiple td’s with fast reliable shipping to the U.S., a few weeks ago I reached out to puretime for a replacement Pam 438 band for a watch that did not come from them, they sourced it QC’d it with a honest flaw they pointed out, quickly sourced another and sent it on it’s way with what I consider quick. The whole process was a lil over 2 weeks. This is to a frustrating hobby as noted and expected, I hope you get your jewel.

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey