• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My v6s sub bracelet broke, any ideas on how to fix it?

staten12

14/5/15
I bought a v6s a while ago and love the sel and bracelet, but my cat knocked it off the counter onto carpet and the bracelet just broke!

a9c11e360a0af967a17d4d88982b974b.jpg

Has this happened to anyone else? What are my options to fix it? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Laserweld or silver solder , from a jeweler ....

or replace it

SGT13

Rep Zealot
15/9/16
Maybe replace the clasp? The Rolex symbol fell off my V6S bracelet (vanished) and I was able to have BK source me a new clasp.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I'd try jb weld two part epoxy. It's very strong in my experience.

gregs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/16
Europe
I had similair problems, just contact a TD and see if he/she can source a new bracelet. My crown fell off my clasp after 1 month and Mavellous (great guy btw) allowed me to buy one for a reduced price! I believe rolex bracelets are 60 usd retail or something like that?

Reactions: staten12

gregs

1/11/16
Europe
Actually i just looked on my clasps both the old V6s and the new v6s clasp look 'welded' and on my noobV1 it looks welded too.... There are some glue's like (certain types of) locktite or 'gorrilla glue' or industrial acrylic glues that might work? These glues are 10-20 euro and they are extremely strong!!

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
Hard to replace the v6s bracelet. One of the best when comes to the perfect SEL.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

phanjen

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/11/14
does the new ARF bracelet work on a V6s?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Dr. Mike

Renowned Member
7/9/15
Replace the clasp. You may have to buy a bracelet and remove the sections attached to the clasp and screw them into the old bracelet. No biggie at all. But any other solution is nothing short of jerry rigged.
Replacement of the clasp is the only way to get a professional result

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KSwatches

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I had the same thing happen on my v6s clasp, had it laser welded and it still broke again. Ended up with a clasp from the gate (which is a bit shit but works). An arf clasp could be the best way to go about it

60Steps

7/11/18
If you plan on keeping it then maybe better off doing the job properly and get a TD source you one. Either clasp or bracelet I would recommend BK as I used him 3 times before.

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
I have succesfully soldered these before, so best option if you can't find a suitable quality replacement. Not hard to do just need patientce and a third hand lol

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
V6S still has the best SEL fitting in the market, so I would not change the whole bracelet. Every cloud has a silver lining, and if I recall correctly the clasp of the V6S was far from perfect (I think it wasn't period correct, but I'm not sure).

So, technically, your cat did you a great favour as now thanks to that lovely panther in miniature you will ask your TD for a nice and shiny ARF clasp and you will have a nearly perfect Sub.

"What about my human, he's got a stock V6S, can you believe it? Got to do something about that"