• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about alignment of hands, quick way to fix hour hand issue?

umirza85

12/6/15
Hello, I got a Blanpain Fifty Fathoms from a TD and I failed to realize in the QC pictures that the hour hand was misaligned quite badly.

Its about "30 minutes" off when you line up the minute hand to the hour which is about halfway to the next hour.

Does anyone know if this is an easy fix for to do at home? would you need to pull the hands off to realign or can the hour hand just be slid across?

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
uhh, so is it bad to just kind of "slide" the hands to 12 with the hands still on?

umirza85

12/6/15
You have to pull the hands off the gears to realign them. Any watchsmith can do it, it's really simple.

Thanks, I guess I can take it to just any corner watchsmith...unless you recommend taking it to a proper shop?

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Yup, as long as they service mechanical watches they can do it. Probably takes about 30 mins at most. It might cost more than using one of the forum watch Smith's, but you'll be paying for the convenience and expedited service at the shop.

umirza85

12/6/15
Yup, as long as they service mechanical watches they can do it. Probably takes about 30 mins at most. It might cost more than using one of the forum watch Smith's, but you'll be paying for the convenience and expedited service at the shop.

I dont mind using one of the forum watch smiths, are there any based in the UK that you would recommend?