• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Legal trouble for selling reps?

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
So something I didn't think of until off loading a rep on here is:

Does anyone ever get in legal trouble for selling reps? I sometimes forget that these things are illegal, after all they're just watches. But what are the odds that people would go on this forum just for the sake of busting people selling reps on here?

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
On the forums here no but locally on Craigslist or letgo you can run the risk of unknowingly selling to a cop and getting a ticket

Repwatcher01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/18
Be wary and be smart. That's why most sales listing here call for PayPal gift with no comments. Don't put a return address on the package so it won't be traced back to you if intercepted etc. And to err on the side of caution don't sell/ship internationally

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Lol you caught me. I suppose it'd make more sense for people to go after the people selling fake reps as real rather than for what they are

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Be wary and be smart. That's why most sales listing here call for PayPal gift with no comments. Don't put a return address on the package so it won't be traced back to you if intercepted etc. And to err on the side of caution don't sell/ship internationally

Good lord I always put my return address on a package. I want it back if there are delivery issues.

Reactions: Rx4Time and tripdog

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
cee2bf329ac40bb7420c3458dd527e76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

This is complete nonsense....
the "no notes in PayPal gift" is because PayPal has shut down accounts for people using PayPal gift when they should be using the regular PayPal that has fees.

no one is tracking anything and no one cares about anyone here selling a dozen reps a yr. They have bigger fish to fry.

As far as shipping internationally. This advice can save some headaches as it avoids dealing with customs etc

Reactions: nest1