• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

how often do you need to send back for warranty repair?

Genera74

29/12/14
As title, just curious what is the percentage of people having to send back their watches for repair (either movement or others) during warranty? I think I sent back 3 watches for repair out of 10 (maybe) for a variety of reasons (movement not working, something wrong with dial, etc.) ? So maybe 30% so far. It can be quite frustrating having to ship back for repair and waiting for a month or two.

What about your experience?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I have bought >30 reps in the past 2 yrs and not once have sent one back. I guess I have had good luck/good qc or what ever but from what I have read, I don't think I would send one back ever no matter the reason. If it is broken/not working either fix it myself or get it fixed locally here. I think that the aggravation and time saved would be worth any small savings

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Get one!! Ur on a forum with guys who do this all over the place.

Sent from the RWI App

I'm on a quest for a guy but I'm situated in Sweden so there is a shortage of guys here. Maybe I will get lucky.

Thinking about starting a thread named; Guy looking for guy in Sweden.

Reactions: 234BUDs

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I'm on a quest for a guy but I'm situated in Sweden so there is a shortage of guys here. Maybe I will get lucky.

Thinking about starting a thread named; Guy looking for guy in Sweden.

If you have a Seiko or Citizen or any cheap automatic watch, and the watch is broken, where should you take it for repair in Sweden? Is there a mom-n-pop repair shop there that can repair a Seiko or Citizen watch?
If there is, this guy should know be able to repair a fake Rolex or Omega. You just have to ask them if they don't mind to repair your fake watch. You can say that the watch is very special; it is from your spouse who traveled to China a few months ago then make the guy your friend.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
If you have a Seiko or Citizen or any cheap automatic watch, and the watch is broken, where should you take it for repair in Sweden? Is there a mom-n-pop repair shop there that can repair a Seiko or Citizen watch?
If there is, this guy should know be able to repair a fake Rolex or Omega. You just have to ask them if they don't mind to repair your fake watch. You can say that the watch is very special; it is from your spouse who traveled to China a few months ago then make the guy your friend.

You know your way around. I'm putting that in my memory card. As I said, I'm on the lookout for a shop like that but the only ones around here is the high end dealers.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
I’m also in Sweden and AFAIK no professional watchsmith here would even touch a replica, ever. I send my watches to BlutRune in Germany, if I can’t fix them myself. I’m afraid that’s pretty much as local as it gets around here. If there is someone in Sweden working on replicas, please let us know.

And regarding OP’s question: I have 5 watches with ETA clones. 3 of those arrived defective in one way or another. That’s 60%. Two have now been replaced with genuine Swiss ETA movements and one is still waiting for repair/movement swap. Guess I’m just unlucky...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
You know your way around. I'm putting that in my memory card. As I said, I'm on the lookout for a shop like that but the only ones around here is the high end dealers.

What about this shop? https://www.yelp.com/biz/b-o-boquist-urmakeri-stockholm it doesn't look like a high-end shop; they sell Daniel Wellington which only $150ish, or this https://www.yelp.com/biz/s-t-görans-ur-stockholm

I don't know where you are in Sweden, but you can always google it or Yelp it.

Last edited:

Avee8tor

Renowned Member
1/11/13
Ontario Canada.
I just fix my own thankfully. Got started in this hobby a decade ago and learned quick to service my own stuff. Vids on YouTube are great.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
What about this shop? https://www.yelp.com/biz/b-o-boquist-urmakeri-stockholm it doesn't look like a high-end shop; they sell Daniel Wellington which only $150ish, or this https://www.yelp.com/biz/s-t-görans-ur-stockholm

I don't know where you are in Sweden, but you can always google it or Yelp it.

Thanks for the tip. I live in a smaller town so that narrows it down quite a bit. I think I'm going to start with something small like resising a bracelet or blowing off dust from inside the crystal and go from there.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I’m also in Sweden and AFAIK no professional watchsmith here would even touch a replica, ever. I send my watches to BlutRune in Germany, if I can’t fix them myself. I’m afraid that’s pretty much as local as it gets around here. If there is someone in Sweden working on replicas, please let us know.

And regarding OP’s question: I have 5 watches with ETA clones. 3 of those arrived defective in one way or another. That’s 60%. Two have now been replaced with genuine Swiss ETA movements and one is still waiting for repair/movement swap. Guess I’m just unlucky...

Hej, kul med fler Svenskar. Jag anade att det fanns fler. Jag har funderat på att starta en Sverige/skandinavien tråd. Vad tycker du om det?

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Hej, kul med fler Svenskar. Jag anade att det fanns fler. Jag har funderat på att starta en Sverige/skandinavien tråd. Vad tycker du om det?

Jag vet att det finns några stycken, men inte hur många. Några norrmän och danskar finns det också. En dedikerad tråd skulle kunna hjälpa oss att hitta varandra.

Reactions: Katarsis

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
you guys better not be calling each other names , cause if you are im gonna have to kick some azz

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I just fix my own thankfully. Got started in this hobby a decade ago and learned quick to service my own stuff. Vids on YouTube are great.

That would be my way of choice if I had the time.
due to one two year old and one two months old this is impossible at the moment. Maybe in ten years.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
you guys better not be calling each other names , cause if you are im gonna have to kick some azz

Now that I have your attention. Would it be okay to start a thread dedicated to swedes? If so, where should I post it and would it be permitted to write in Swedish?

Reactions: kryckan13