• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Selling a watch

brimacko1

Horology Curious
31/10/18
Hi, I’m new here, any suggestions on where I can sell a replica watch that I have? I have tried listing it on other platforms but I always get it removed because it violates their terms, anywhere you guys suggest I can list it?, it’s a blue Rolex submariner silver and gold selling for $150 US

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Seriously?

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Hi, I’m new here, any suggestions on where I can sell a replica watch that I have? I have tried listing it on other platforms but I always get it removed because it violates their terms, anywhere you guys suggest I can list it?, it’s a blue Rolex submariner silver and gold selling for $150 US
No you cant list it here either

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DD60

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Welcome to RWI.

As has been mentioned already, you cannot sell your watch here, but there is a sales and trade section on this forum where you can.

When you get there, please read the rules for eligibility for selling FIRST! You need to be eligible to sell before you can list your watch, otherwise moderators will nuke your listing. Once your eligible, and your listing is in accordance with the rules, all the best with your sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brimacko1

Horology Curious
31/10/18
Did anyone read my post, I did not come on here to sell, I asked a question where is a good platform to make listings for this type of item...

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Did anyone read my post, I did not come on here to sell, I asked a question where is a good platform to make listings for this type of item...
RWI has a sales section. Read the rules and when you meet the sales requirements, list it in the sales section.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
As already explained, you can sell on RWI if you meet the requirements. Otherwise it is the same as the forum where you violated the rules...

Ten Twelve Simple Sales Rules! If you don't read, we will torch you.

These rules have been drawn up by your Admin/Mod team in order to try and standardize the selling of items within this section. The rules are in our opinion fair and have been drawn up with input from the general membership whom they serve.

1) First and foremost, find out if you are eligible to sell/trade here. Rules for eligibility include the following:

A) A member of RWI in good standing
B) Minimum of 25 (non post whoring/subsequent) posts and 30 days membership for non-VIP
C) Breathing and have a pulse

2) Registered non-Supporting members may list only one watch per sale/trade and only have three watch sales in a 30-day period and may not depict more than one watch in a sales/trade thread. Supporting members are entitled to unlimited sales per 30-day period and the ability to list multiple watches per sale. Members are encouraged to limit multiple watches to five or fewer in one thread and to post new sales only after the current five items are completed. Watch parts (cases, crystals, etc) have no sales limit. Only one sales thread to be created per item.

3) If a registered non-Supporter posts a watch and it is NUKED for any reason, or you withdraw the item, it counts against your 30 day sale/trade limit.

4) Photo requirements: every watch or part listed for sale MUST have at least one or more photos (not links to photos or thumbnails) with a clear in focus shot of both the item for sale and handwritten tag (not photoshopped/computer generated/typed/iphone etc) included. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS.

Tags must include the following...
Your User ID :
Today’s full date (including year):

You should include additional photos in all positions of the watch, back, sides, front, clasp, etc. Picture sizes will need to comply with the current sales template to be able to be used. Photo size should be limited to 800 x 600. Excessively large or small photos may cause your sale to be closed and reposted correctly. There are tutorials in the Eyecandy section for embedding images in a forum post.

Photos must be hosted and REMAIN AVAILABLE for a minimum of three months after the sale. Deleting or moving images from your photobucket, imageshack, or any other picture service account that causes them to be unable to be viewed will constitute an infraction as well.

Example:

upyzazur.jpg

5) Pertinent information must be included about the watch for sale. For example:

Watch: Rolex Explorer V1
Dial: black
Movement: ETA Swiss 2836
Crystal: sapphire
Bracelet: included but shows signs of wear (see pics)
Modifications: BKLM crown installed by KATT (receipt included). Lume C1 Luminova applied by Vacuum, no receipt, but pic included.
Condition: runs fine, but loses nine seconds per day, there is also a ding on the 11 side of the bezel, desk diving scratches on the bezel
Location: watch is located in the US, but I will ship anywhere, customs seizure risk to the buyer
Price: $300 USD
Payment: PayPal--instant payment please, PayPal fees to be covered by buyer.

Note: price must be listed, as "auctioning" the item is not permitted. Accepted forms of payment must be listed.

M2M Sales area payment acceptance and guidelines. (Treat as others are you would want to be treated.)

First and foremost, any and all forms of payment are now accepted between buyer and seller. This is due to a vast array of payment types being available worldwide as a convenience to you. PayPal "gift" is now permitted but not encouraged.

Please pay accordingly to the seller in a timely manner. Accept and trust that the seller will, in good faith, pack and ship your wares carefully for it's travel to you. Always use tracking of some type so it can be traced.

RWI, Owners, Staff, Officers or Goats shall be held harmless and neutral to any sale within the sales sections. We disclaim all liability for any loss or damage (psychic, actual, special, direct, indirect and consequential) of every kind and nature, written and unwritten, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with the member to member sale section of Replica-Watch.info.We can only do so much to act as a mediator within your transaction(s). We are still monitoring for scammers and do collect information on these crooks to try and keep them out of RWI, but again, we can only do so much. Habitual offenders will be no-saled should the staff decide your selling is too much of a risk for other members.

Buyer and Seller beware, this is all on you.

Note that the more information you can provide, the faster your watch will sell and the more likely that you will draw potential customers to your sale.

SALES POSTS CANNOT BE EDITED OR MODIFIED BY THE SELLER. If updates or corrections need to be made, simply make an additional post to your sales thread, or contact a moderator or admin to make changes. This includes price changes, changes in offer, imminently pending sales, and completed sales. Once payment for a sale has been received, please mark your thread as [[SOLD]]. Please follow the instructions in this thread https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...e-drop.364293/

Please do not proceed to sell/buy till the sales thread has been designated appropriately, ie [[For sale]]

Also, if you have purchased an item and have sent payment, please also post this in the thread (as there have been rare cases of items having been fraudulently sold to multiple buyers.

6) Special considerations:

Proof of genuine ETA movement should be disclosed in one of the following ways:

A) tagged picture of movement with caseback removed or visible through caseback
B) proof of original transaction from the dealer, verifying that this was sold with an ETA movement
C) have proof of watchmaker verification in the sale

If none of these conditions can be met, buyers will automatically assume it's a clone.

Modifications, repairs, servicing and reluming: if you have had these services done to the watch, you should include:

A) proof of the service via receipt
B) pics of the repairs or the modifications done
C) have proof of watchmaker verification in the sale

If you are selling a used watch for more than a member can buy it new, you need to give detailed reasons why.

7)
You need to seek and formally receive approval from an admin/mod before listing watches/parts/accessories/items of approximately $750 or more and this is limited to VIP (Supporter) members ONLY. This does not mean the sales post is approved automatically. The sales post will be reviewed when posted.

8) If replying to a wanted thread, do so via PM, not in the thread. Remember if there is no sales thread created from a WTB then you cannot receive any assistance from staff if anything goes wrong. This applies to trades also.

9) Failure to comply with the above (at minimum) could result in having your thread removed. We will do our best to give you an opportunity to fix your sale with a timed deadline . Please remember that it is a privilege to sell here, not a right. We can nuke your sale if we, “The Staff”, are not comfortable with your transaction. Laziness or intent to defraud will not be tolerated. Our ultimate responsibility is to the safety of the members of RWI.

10) Sales are only allowed in the sales section. No advertising or selling outside of the sales section.

11) Under no circumstances should you entertain the idea of filing a PayPal dispute or credit card chargeback . This is the quickest way to find yourself banned from this forum and indeed you will become a pariah within the Rep community at large. This is a last resort after every avenue has been explored, including getting the staff involved.. Unless you have express permission from a member of Staff DO NOT DO IT.

12) NOTE: refusal to adhere to the sales rules subjects the member to consideration for placement in No-sales group for a minimum of thirty days. Recurrent disregard for the sales rules subjects the member to consideration of permanent banning from the forum.

Please note: All sales are to be made using the RWI Sales Form and it is not available on TapaTalk, please make your sales posts from a computer and not a smart phone. All sales posted not using the Sales Form will be removed.

************************************************** *******************************

The purpose of the Member Replica Sales section is to give members an opportunity to buy and sell watches/accessories which are otherwise not getting wrist time/use. It is not for the resale of new watches/accessories or dealer type sales, nor is it intended to be for members to sell for profit or use the forum solely as a personal online selling venue.
Strap Specific Rules:

To encourage the hobby of strap making RWI allows the sale of small quantities of straps. For non Supporting members this is limited to one (1) strap per thread and three (3) straps per month. Supporting members may post more than one per thread and quantities sold will be what the sales team from time to time deem as reasonable. Non trusted dealers may NOT sell or solicit the sale of custom straps, only sales of pre made straps are permitted.

Addendum concerning genuine parts claims. (daytona4me) 16/04/2018

It is RWI’s position that the availability of genuine parts can cause the value of those parts to fluctuate because they are not always purchased at the standard cost as set by a genuine manufacturer or dealer. Because of this it is our expectation that sellers determine a “reasonable” value for the part they reference as genuine. While it is not required, we ask that you state the assigned value for the genuine part in your watch in your sales post to help reduce questions as to if it is reasonable. If it is suspected that the stated value of the genuine part is beyond reasonable, the post may be reported to the sales moderating team.

A disputed sale due to an unreasonable part value will be reviewed by sales moderators. For sales involving Rolex parts it will be occb2 who will decide if the value of the part is beyond reasonable and his decision will be accepted by all. For non-Rolex parts the sales moderators may enlist the help of knowledgeable members who can help determine a market value.

WE WANT TO STRESS TO EVERYONE THAT THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF MEMBERS IN ALERTING THE MODERATORS TO POTENTIAL OVERPRICING HAS ALWAYS BEEN APPRECIATED AND WILL ALWAYS BE WELCOMED.

Our expectation is this, if you dispute the stated value of a genuine part or the authenticity of a watch/part we encourage you to post briefly your concerns in the sales thread. Next, report your opinion to a sales moderator (and occb2 if Rolex). We have a clear mechanism in place to 1) protect our members, 2) an open forum on which you can present your opinion, and 3) a proper decision to be made. We remind you that constant posts from many members expressing the same thing is unhelpful to the seller, a potential buyer or indeed even the staff trying to handle the dispute.

Please understand that the spirit of this addendum is to establish a clear mechanism to 1) protect our members, 2) allow you to present your opinion, and 3) allow a proper decision to be made, rather than allowing threads to develop into many pages of arguing and accusations.

Market price will be used to determine what is reasonable and what is not. We will not use “your guy” or what someone can get the same part for wholesale to determine what is reasonable.

It is always prudent to have done your research on a watch or parts or a watch with gen parts. The responsibility is on the seller to list the item/s correctly and the responsibility is on the buyer to have done their research before buying. RWI owners, admin, staff or their goats are not responsible for this work and cannot be expected to do the work on your behalf.

This same addendum will apply to scarcely available / rare parts as well.

Failure to comply with this “genuine parts stated value” addendum or the reporting of a disputed value may result in being banned from the sales section for a period of time.

PLEASE NOTE:
RWI (replica-watch.info), its owners and administrators cannot be held responsible for the outcome of sales or other agreements whether between members or between member and dealer. We will try to help resolve disputes where we can but do not guarantee the successful conclusion of any transaction made by members of this forum and will not be held responsible for financial loss incurred under any circumstances whatsoever. By engaging in a transaction with another forum member you agree to these terms.

All this being said, good luck with your sales!

The Staff at RWI

[LAST REVISION MADE ON 14.04.18 by daytona4me]

[Last edit: Genuine Parts Addendum. on 14.04.18 by daytona4me]

Last edited by Raddave; 09-10-18, 14:07.

Reactions: tkingjr

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
If the rules are too much for you, there is Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

TheDarkChild

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
3/1/21
England
Hi so I’ve read over the rules. All seem pretty straight forward. Now this may sound like a stupid question but when it states 25 post what is classed as a post? A reply to a thread? Posting a new topic? I don’t want to get roasted by anyone for doing something wrong.

Anyone willing to answer my question would be helping a noob to this forum. Thanks DC

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
You have 5 now. To get to 25 they must be normal posts. Some members try to cheat and post short posts "nice watch" just to get to 25. This is known as Post Whoring" The mods will catch it and your count will be set back to zero. Contribute to the forming in the normal way or become a Supporter or Patron. That may get you over the 25 counts. But read the rules on Supporter benefits.

Also, members are reluctant to buy from a new member that rushes to get 25 posts and is not a Supporter, These new members are riskier to buy from.

Last edited: