• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wearing a replicas with gens toghether - do you have strange fillings and how to avoid them?

dedalx

Looking Around
18/10/18
Hello, I am owned few replicas long time ago (10 years ago) and this was ok. Now I have good job and I have ability to buy few real expensive watches of my dreams - now I have real Breitling, Longines, Tag Heuer and finally I get a new Rolex Submariner for my anniversary (yep, it cost a lot). However my money is not enough to buy some watches that I like be design - for ex. Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet. Maybe I can get it, but this will take 10-20 years more to raise up my business.

As I see in this forums a lot of you guys have wear real expensive watches (like real AP and PP) together with replicas from other brands. How you deal with it? I want to buy some good quality replicas, but my mind have strange fillings about this - when I think that sometimes I will wear real watch like Rolex, and sometimes I will wear good replicas on PP - I have very strange fillings and confrontations inside me :=) The question not about watch prices (sometimes I wear G-Shock, Invicta and other low cost gens with no problem - question about authenticity.

Please tell me your stories, do you have similar thoughts before? How to avoid them? I want to wear some great replicas, but my mind don't want to allow me to do this :) I am filling crazy %)

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
More serious now, i plan to buy a gen sub and i plan to use it in my rotation with my reps like i do now with my modded ARF

Reactions: Midnightx

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I get your concern and while I don’t share it, can at least sympathize with your disposition. My advice would be to wear what you like, when you like and forget about everything else.

It’s a good rule of thumb that if you couldn’t swing it if it were gen, you shouldn’t be wearing the rep.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

machim

19/7/17
I take care my rep as my gen. They are all the watches i like. I wear it for myself not anyone else. Currently wearing my noob rg 116515 and my gen has been in the winder for a week.

b9fae1e81e1c687b582aacb9733a2ac8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Midnightx

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I just take alot of painkillers when wearing my reps...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

any specific advice when wearing the rep of a 100.000 bucks watch? Something that hits hard just to numb up enough? hehe ;)

EDIT: Or depends it on the brand and has nothing to do with the gen price? Or are there specific recommendations for lower priced gens?

Reactions: SUBKILLER

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
What?

Sent from the RWI App

he is talking about all the AP reps out there - obvious tell that merely every rep out of the box is missing the low beating seconds hand hehe

the average guy on the next corner could possibly cry if he would see your wrist game is totally fake just by getting a glimpse on the way too smooth sweeping seconds hand... you know - everyone that knows AP will see this within seconds

:hehehe:

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
You sound a bit distraught. Possibly morally conflicted.
Personally, I've never faced such a moral delimna about wearing any watch. Gen or rep.
IMHO - I only buy and wear what I like. If you've got the budget to buy gen Swiss timepieces then why be so concerned about reps? If they make you feel like "your mind don't want you to do this" or "I filling crazy" - best advice would be stay away from reps.
On the other hand, if wearing any watch, gen or rep makes you feel all tingly like Tucker then do it if it makes you feel good.
Just be sure to practice safe watch wearing.

Helluva first post btw, OP.

Last edited:

justintimeee

12/8/17
Reps never stay. So far, I've always ended up selling them back. I like my gens a lot more. probably a mental thing.