• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Donerix story you should read

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Over the past year I had several business deals where people didn't honor the word or just straight up screwed me, so I really thought it was important I post this story.

I had purchased a bespoke Hublot 42 mm python strap months prior to getting the watch. After receiving the watch it turned out the strap was too small, which was disappointing because

a. it was meant for my wife as a present
b. the strap was truly beautiful and amazing quality

I pinged Donerix sharing this along the pics and wasn't sure what the response was going to be since, as I mentioned, it was months after the purchase

Here comes the part that whilst small, was incredibly refreshing.

1. Not only did he immediately admit the mistake and promised swift repair but
2. Because he was out of that hide I fell in love with, he made 2 similar ones ( one darker one lighter) , send me both and just asked that if I decide to sell one of them that I share the profits ( and I will if I do)

I thought the board should know what a high character , stand up guy he is to someone he never met .
It wasn't just about the straps but a well timed reminder that fairness and character do still exist at a time when I started doubting it.

A small token with really big impact, so a genuine genuine genuine thank you......

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Donerix has always been a class act — even through some shipping difficulties over a year ago. His products are great value for the money and this is a great testament to his temperament as a vender here. Always looking forward to his next flash sale!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
Donerix is the reason I started to get into Custom Watch Straps - he has always been very supportive of this forum and its members. His straps are excellent and the materials used are very good quality. Well Priced too. Good to hear about someone else getting looked after given the circumstances.

Reactions: domsdaddy123

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
This is so refreshing. We usually only hear the bad stories. Well done molivio for sharing and well done donerix for giving my heart a lift with your attention to other members.

Reactions: domsdaddy123

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Great to hear and thank you for posting.

frankfrank

Beaches
6/2/16
Great to hear some positive feedback on here and I’d love to see more members posting when good things happen

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Eric is the man. He's the real deal, he's a high character guy. He's not only THE man but he IS a man.

Unfortunately, in our society now, the meaning of being a man is becoming extinct.

Call me old fashioned but too few fathers (and mothers) are teaching their son's what it means to be a Man.

And for the girls, too few moms (and Dads) are teaching their daughters what it means to be a LADY. This isnt a femanist or macho thing its just our society has completely lost what it means to be responsible and accountable.
Its all about getting what you want regardless of the consequences. I blame the internet and peoples ability to put them selves out there without any real accountability.

Back in the day your familys name ment something. When we were more connected in reality, in our actual community, not cyberspace, our parents taught us, more prominently, that our character was important because we were more accountable to our neighbors and community. From there as a kid, it started to sink in and the lessons taught to preserve the family name, became part of your character and class..

Anyway, I ramble on..blah, blah blah..But Eric is a s good guy and there are a lot of stand up guys in this community. Its just a shame that having class draws so much attention nowadays. It's just so rare....

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
Amazing story and we are blessed to have people like this in our community.
Always fancied a donerix watch box !
It’s a dire world out there but somehow we end up meeting the most fantastic individuals here online.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro