• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Return shipment from Germany to China / help needed/ experiences

CarlSberg

Looking Around
15/10/18
Hello

I‘m completely new to this forum and also to the world of replicas.
So first of all thx to all that are sharing their experiences here.

after reading in this forum I decided to buy a watch from one of the TDs. All worked fine, the dealer helped me a lot with payment and I received a very nice looking watch after an acceptable shipping time. So far so good.
Unfortunately, I had to discover a little but annoying technical problem so the TD asked me to send the watch back to China.

I’m not unwilling to do that, but which Postal Company to use for shipping the watch from Germany to China?
the TD is telling to use Deutsche Post but in the next sentence he tells not to use DHL. Basically DHL and Deutsche Post is more or less the same company.

Anyone (from Germany) here that can tell me how to do it right?

thx

Leighd3179

Known Member
13/3/16
United Kingdom
I would be inclined to not send the watch back unless its a faulty the best option is to have a local watchmaker fix any issue and charge cost to your TD provided you agree the cost of repair before hand but if you must send it back make sure that you discuss with your TD what happens if item is lost/customs etc at least that way you know exactly where you stand should the worst case scenario happen also make it clear on both side what your expectations are.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Which rep did you get and what is the problem? Shipping from and to Europe is troublesome though.

CarlSberg

Looking Around
15/10/18
It‘s an Omega Planet Ocean 600M rep.
the Problem is that between 11pm and 12pm (Midnight) it looses aprox 15minutes. Every night.
The other 23hours a day it runs perfectly.
So I assume that it might have something to do with the day indicator...

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It‘s an Omega Planet Ocean 600M rep.
the Problem is that between 11pm and 12pm (Midnight) it looses aprox 15minutes. Every night.
The other 23hours a day it runs perfectly.
So I assume that it might have something to do with the day indicator...

Date wheel is rubbing/sticking. It's an easy fix for a watch maker, if you can avoid sending it back then do so.

DHL and Deutsche Post aren't the same thing - Deutsche Post don't open every parcel they get their hands so that they can see if what's inside can be taxed.

Reactions: vcappp

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Once I had a similar issue. The dealer offered me to ship back the watch but was not willing to ship it back to me via triangle shipping once it would have been repaired. I was not ready to take the risk to have it seized or to pay eventually customs taxes so I declined the offer and repaired it locally. The firts time, when I purchased the watches (actually bought 3x at once) I paid for triangle. I was expecting a better “offer” from his side that never came, stopped using that dealer after that situation..

CarlSberg

Looking Around
15/10/18
Thanks for your answers.
My problem is also that I do not have a local watchmaker. I went into 2 shops today. Both rejected because they could see that it is a rep...

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Thanks for your answers.
My problem is also that I do not have a local watchmaker. I went into 2 shops today. Both rejected because they could see that it is a rep...

You can send it to me, if you're interested PM me for my address.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
You can send it to me, if you're interested PM me for my address.
Are you in Germany bro ? Not an easy place for a brother. Well, not at least on the east side

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Are you in Germany bro ? Not an easy place for a brother. Well, not at least on the east side

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Germany is in Europe. . .

loewenzahn

Mythical Poster
16/12/14
Germany
As tripdog said, though DHL and Deutsche Post are under one company roof they are separated bodies. DHL the parcel shipper while Post is the old fashioned errr... Post :)
To China the best option is to send by Post as a "registered letter" (Einschreibebrief). E.g. small package up to 500 g € 6.20 - that's a bargain in comparison.
Though as was said, sending it back to Germany is problematic. So I'd either accept tripdog's generous offer or send it to a german watch service. E.g. our member BlutRune who is based in Hannover. https://eu-watchservice.de