• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UK CUSTOMS ISSUE....some help required please

mediamatters1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/5/08
UMM.......So I've had a bit of an issue with customs here in The UK.

The long and short of it is a purchase through M2M from California of a ROO Franken. The seller and i both agreed to ship by DHL and declare value for insurance purposes of $3650.00.

We also agreed to mark it as a repair-hoping to avoid duty.

Customs now have it and to bring it into the UK customs want approx £1000 because they want to treat it as an import........so that's not going to happen.

It's going back to the seller by DHL.

When he sends it out again how's best to mark the parcel up....Gift $25.00??

Any advice appreciated.fellas

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Always declare it as a sport timer or broken toy clock worth $20 or £20 and yes, mark it as gift.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Keylog74

14/6/13
it is to impossible to avoild tax if you declare that value on an import product. If you declare it as an item that will only transit and exit the country again, the custom procedure is totally diffrent and requires the value of the eventual importation taxes to be hold by customs.

You have to declare the minimum ( here is max up to 120$). what you do is ship it as a regular rep and hope for the best :D

Tusubasa

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/9/18
U.K.
I wonder what were you expecting for an almost 4K item being shipped outside the E.U. to the U.K. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Swerepguy

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
Wow. I realise the Queen needs to pay her bills somehow, but that fee is like almost 30% of the declared value!

Reactions: vcappp

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Marking as a gift makes no difference, you'll still pay taxes.

I suggest shipping by Fedex - declared as low value item. Fedex don't seem to be a curious as the slimy little fuckers at DHL and don't open the parcels so less risk of a problem at Customs.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Marking as a gift makes no difference, you'll still pay taxes.

I suggest shipping by Fedex - declared as low value item. Fedex don't seem to be a curious as the slimy little fuckers at DHL and don't open the parcels so less risk of a problem at Customs.

DHL are terrible for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
DHL to the states from HK took 4 days with signing for it at the door. I was surprised after my last purchase from InTime. That set took almost 3 weeks USPS.

Reactions: vcappp