• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Austrian postal service ?

Gobo73

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/11/09
I'm hoping any Austrians could please let me know if you've had any problems with your postal service over there ?
I sold a watch ( I'm in the UK ) to a member in Austria around a week ago & when his parcel arrived he says only the green Velcro strap was in the package.
I wrapped the watch & green strap in a bubble wrap bag & put it inside another bubble wrap bag for shipping.
He says the GLS ? postal service delivered it over in Austria , it was posted via royal mail international tracked & signed from the UK.
I'll get in touch with royal mail but I'm not sure if they can do anything due to the package being delivered by an overseas shipping company.

This is my sale : https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/7104382-pam-508-ceramica-in-uk

I'm really annoyed over this as it was a lovely watch & now wish I just kept hold of it rather than some scum ball postal service ripping it off.

I've asked the buyer to send me a picture of how the green strap arrived so I'll ask him to put the pic in this thread.

This has really put me off selling internationally.

zodl

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/6/16
Austria
I am sorry to hear that. I live in Austria and have bought many watches. For all my transactions from China i‘m using a ukpostbox address, and from there I let it ship either with Royal Mail or with DPD. I‘ve also bought a few watches M2M from the UK and they’ve all been sent with Royal Mail. It’s right that the delivery partner for Royal Mail in Austria is GLS which is a parcel service provider like DPD or DHL. I personally had never any problem with my shippings to Austria, also no problems with GLS. But of course there is anytime a risk, that a driver or someone else of the parcel service opens the package and take the valuables out of it. But there is no general risk that this happens in Austria, normally they are reliable. So it seems to be bad luck in this case.

uhrminator

Renowned Member
Supporter
18/10/15
South Austria
HI Folks,
i am the buyer of the watch. It comes with GLS and the Envolope was closed but was easy to see, that it must be opened after shipping. And try to stick it again as good as possible.
I have never problems with DPD or DHL. Only GLS is a risky shipping company.

I can only say, its better to put the watch in a little package with duct tape over it complete instead of a the brown envelopes. The only positive thing is , that the watch was not
so expensive. I have told it GLS but i am sure nothing will happends.

Gobo73

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/11/09
I've also got in touch with royal mail so we'll see what happens.
The watch & strap were wrapped in two thick bubble wrap jiffy bags which were well taped up & not easily opened.
A picture of what the strap arrived in would be a great help so I can see if its arrived in the same packaging as I sent it.

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
Never had a problem with GLS (and never heard of anything similar) - that said, they treat their drivers like slaves in all aspects, so it's the most likely parcel service where something like this would happen.

I also second putting watches into parcels with lots of padding instead of just a padded envelope, considering they way a parcel gets treated on delivery.