• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone of you have the Daytona with brown bezel blue dial?

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Hi guys,
anyone of you have the Daytona with brown bezel blue dial? Like here: https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...tion-ice-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sa4130.html

I dont know which kind of this Daytona I should buy. This one with blue dial and brown bezel or with the black bezel and white dial?
Any proposals? Thanks.

I do own this Daytona model but it's the budget version with VK Quartz movement. This model (Brown/Blue) is the 50th anniversary model. As for to recommend you which to buy, I'd recommend to buy the one you like.

kerstin08

Known Member
20/5/17
Thats the problem, I want both models! :( The blue ones looks interesting, the white one looks noble/sports.
Now I am asking TD's to get one dial and bezel alone. So I can change them.

How are the colour by your watch? Are the numbers on the bezel real white? Or grey?

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Thats the problem, I want both models! :( The blue ones looks interesting, the white one looks noble/sports.
Now I am asking TD's to get one dial and bezel alone. So I can change them.

How are the colour by your watch? Are the numbers on the bezel real white? Or grey?

Looks white to me...see the pics

​​​​​​
JwWX6.jpg

Jwbx0.jpg

Jw1ZF.jpg

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US
I have the exact ice blue and brown Daytona with the SA4130 you are looking at. Easily the best Daytona movement so far although it really hasn't been time tested. There are some threads on other boards, maybe this one too where the movement can cause issues because it can be dirty but what Chinese factory movement isnt? Chrono's, as a whole in the rep world, can be hazardous. I would not suggest a Daytona with working chronos modded from an A7750 base. I have one of those too and it not even close to the SA4130.

Last edited:

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US
Damn...I forgot to say...buy the one you like the best. I dont think I would go with non working chronos or a cheaper movement just to afford both though. Also keep in mind, that ice blue/brown Daytona is only sold in gen made of platinum. It takes a keen eye but the 1% of Rolex lovers out there probably will notice the stainless steel but that same 1% can usually spot a fake anyways. Obviously the weight, gen vs rep, is way off. I have had the pleasure to hold one of these $70,000 gens and that sucker is heavy.

jmack

Horology Curious
8/6/19
United States
I am in the process of ordering newest noob- sa4130 movement and 904 steel - advertised as best to gen quality- thru trusted TD-
Am I missing something or is the bezel just completely messed up? Attached is qc photos marked- Naturally rejected. Any chance this is poor lighting? I'm new at this feedback appreciated...

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
I would think it's just an issue with lighting. Ask them to show pics from other angles and it's probably ok?

jmack

Horology Curious
8/6/19
United States

I thought the same thing but the missing bezel faded white around the 70 and the black line starting at 60 is in this photo too...

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Hmm...weird. Funny it even made it to the QC "department" if it's that obvious.

jmack

Horology Curious
8/6/19
United States
I'm brand new at this and thought the same. I'm hopeful that there is a good explanation and possible miscommunication, (none qc image). I'll update when appropriate.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I am in the process of ordering newest noob- sa4130 movement and 904 steel - advertised as best to gen quality- thru trusted TD-
Am I missing something or is the bezel just completely messed up? Attached is qc photos marked- Naturally rejected. Any chance this is poor lighting? I'm new at this feedback appreciated...

Do you have a pic in a different angle?