• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Urban Gentry

Pyknic

24/10/17
I've seen this fella mentioned a few times on here, but decided to start a thread where we can all share our comments about him, his channel and views.

Has anyone ever spotted a rep he's trying to pass off as gen?

https://youtu.be/mstnJISyf5w?t=496 "higher intelligence" - what a twat.

RTL2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
I've only watched a couple of his uploads - he comes across as a bit of a tool in my opinion. I put him in the same category as Archie Luxury, but with far less knowledge. Both pretty unwatchable.

Reactions: SuperLory

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Used to watch his videos but couldn't bare it quite quickly. The guy is full of shit with his fake aristocrat BS and his wannabe family heritage with that ridiculous family "emblem". Lol. But there are so many idiots, sorry "gents" that would suck him dry 24/7, so I guess he is good at what he does (no, not his reviews and knowledge, I'm speaking of the acting). Guy is on the same level of BS as that Theo and Harris fukk, don't know what his name is.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Used to watch his videos but couldn't bare it quite quickly. The guy is full of shit with his fake aristocrat BS and his wannabe family heritage with that ridiculous family "emblem". Lol. But there are so many idiots, sorry "gents" that would suck him dry 24/7, so I guess he is good at what he does (no, not his reviews and knowledge, I'm speaking of the acting). Guy is on the same level of BS as that Theo and Harris fukk, don't know what his name is.

Any love for Bark & Jack? I quite like him.

Reactions: pdw1

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
Archie Luxury is at least entertaining (especially if you once lived in Australia and miss the constant swearing and the accent) and makes no pretense about his desire for you to give him money.

Last edited:

poinds

17/4/17
I used to watch that guy until he decide to F over Christian from T&H and Federico from FTW.

He’s definitely NOT a gentleman and looks and acts more like a conniving rat bastard to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
Apparently he's a complete jerk off camera. He had a ho-hum with several other Youtubers and no one seems to want to collaborate with him now. His videos are always 20 min longer than they need to be.

Best watch channels on Youtube imo:
Watchbox
Federico Talks Watches
Watchfinder
Watch Repair Channel

terryj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/17
If it was possible to teach a hamster to talk, it would sound exactly like that guy. Can't stand him.

Reactions: SuperLory

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
If you don’t want to punch him after watching this video something is very wrong with you. It has nothing to do with his opinions on replica watches and everything to do with that toothpick arm and poor fitting Watch he continually swings around at the camera.
https://youtu.be/WHgKMA6Bh6U

Reactions: TagHeuerFan1963

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
He’s unwatchable.

Total tool who knows little about watches.

Tim Mosso from Govberg/WatchBox Studios/ Watchuwant etc is my go to guy for online watch reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnightx

17/3/17
Any love for Bark & Jack? I quite like him.

He honestly might be worse. He tries to make all of his videos about what he thinks the watch world is supposed to be about (craftsmanship, art, etc.) but if you really pick apart the things he says and his ideas about it all he only cares about how much the watch costs and that's the only value to him. He also seems to judge people's entire personality and worth by how much their watch costs. Dude seems totally wack to me.

JERhoudin

Certified
13/5/16
If Mosso's sesquipedalian loquaciousness weren't enough the trademark upside down neon sunglasses indoors are unpardonable. I can no longer stomach more than 6 and a third seconds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Caesar

mcnut

Horology Curious
12/2/18
West coast Canada
If you don’t want to punch him after watching this video something is very wrong with you. It has nothing to do with his opinions on replica watches and everything to do with that toothpick arm and poor fitting Watch he continually swings around at the camera.
https://youtu.be/WHgKMA6Bh6U

It is interesting to note that "The Urban Gentry" guy has disabled the comments section for this video.He could not take the heat. In the video he makes statements that are hard or impossible to verify. So instead of accepting and responding to criticism, he just shuts down the comments. He has a right to his opinions of course, we all do, but clearly he does not want to debate his statements. Chicken shit, and that is just my opinion :)

Reactions: Caesar and Tucker

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
I like the fact that he likes watches and how he speaks about them.
I try to ignore every other think he does or say and could make me mad about him.
I suppose that his gain experience and his level isn't much at the time but i can't blame him about.
I also do not want to judge him for his level of public presentation and his communication skills, he has a hobby and a need to be someone.
Not much of harm to the public to raise my torch against him. I like to think that will be better in future time...

One thing that i must admit is that i found his voice very relaxing and helps me take an evening nap from time to time.

I wish he could understand how pitty looks his ring without the touch of a real designer and how strange look this ring on a guy like him.
I hope that he will never try to hold a cigar with that looks.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
He's an oily tick, with an agenda to push himself and his own commercial agenda.
Has he not fallen out with most of the other folks who he used to collaborate with?