• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Moped gang who knifed financier for £75k watch

Phil G

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
Story here.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/crim...-watch/ar-BBNjNIN?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

I knew I had to give the watch up. I’ve got a wife and four children, it was not worth losing my life over.

BBNjHPj.img

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Disgusting. But more and more, this is London.

the wealthy are getting richer.
the poor are getting poorer and more violent - gangs / knives are a huge problem.
less police than ever.

Reactions: kaddy

RTL2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
Truly shocking. Many areas of London are now like New York was in the 70's and 80's. A great shame, it used to be a fantastic city.

Reactions: SuperLory and rj999

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
London is still a great city.

You cut funding to police and crime rises it’s a simple as that.

Poor guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I knew this would be in London just by reading the thread title, it has become an epidemic, the gangs are riding around with virtual impunity snatching mobile phones, handbags, watches and doing smash and grab on shops. The police don't stand a chance in catching them, it happens in seconds and their gone, the only hope is that the fuckers end up under the wheels of a bus or Lorry

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Not so much to do with the number of Police, more to do with what they are or aren't allowed to do in order to catch thieves on mopeds/scooters:

Ken Marsh, the chairman of the Metropolitan Police Federation, said: “My colleagues are sick to the back teeth of this. We want to catch criminals, but when you have two young males on a moped, one of them taking their crash helmet off, that’s the end of the chase.

The same policy exists in other countries - don't chase thieves on motorized 2 wheel vehicles as the thieves may get hurt.

machim

19/7/17
Smart guy should have insurance cover. I would get insurance if I wear 75k watches. Many things could happen

Reactions: Pyknic

jholmeson

15/2/17
Have heard anecdotally about a friend of a friend in London getting a rep Rolex Daytona snatched by two young men on a moped, he told em “it’s fake you fuckers” and they threw it on the ground before riding off.

So be careful wearing reps around London, if the gangs can spot a Patek or Rolex they’re not gonna be able to tell it’s a rep at 30mph while they’re reaching for the machete...

Glad I emigrated from the UK, was always a high risk of casual violence while out as a young man in the cities there. The Tories cutting the police force by 21k has only made things worse. Be careful over there.

SadProfessor

1/11/17
This is terrible.

I have experience of the police in the U.K. they cuts are doing a huge amount of damage leaving every force over stretched. Just forcing them to work more overtime and become individually over worked.

Saying that, I have been out drinking in the U.K. for 15 years and I have only been punched once. I don’t think the streets are as dangerous and the media make out. Sure, certain parts are, but the most is very safe. And that’s a credit to the people and police.

But don’t get me wrong, I hate the conservatives.

Edit: spelling

Reactions: Phil G

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Just the other day on an IG profile that I follow there was a post by the account owner that he was mugged by guys on a bike and they stole from him an AP Tourbillon (happened in Brazil).

I know as well a story about one of my business partners which lived in Moscow, he was returning back home from an evening dinner and he was approached near by his doorstep by some guy(s) asking him to give him money and watch which he had on his wrist (Rolex btw.), he refused, started a fight with him/them which ended him getting hit badly. He died afterwards in a hospital (apparently he hit his head on the floor and died from that hit). The story was told to me by his nephew which managed the business afterwards and which is still one of my business partners.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Yes you have to be careful in London now, most of these attacks happen in and round central London and the outskirts, I live about 30mins away on the tube, and it really doesn't happen there. I do tend to cover up my watches and dont have expensive bags etc any more. I saw a couple of young guys eyeing up my AP Diver once on the Tube, but it was lucky for them that they didn't try anything stupid.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
London gets what it deserves by electing, who..? .. I forget, Imran Khan as its mayor? It would have been much worse if they had elected Angela Merkel. They should have elected Angelina Jolie or Donald Trump :)

Reactions: sunrayminor

Smiley19

Supporter
Certified
19/7/18
This happens everywhere...

I lived in Chicago for a few years and it was probably worse. I had 3 iPhones, a MacBook and a Tag stolen. All happened on the L during the day.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
London gets what it deserves by electing, who..? .. I forget, Imran Khan as its mayor? It would have been much worse if they had elected Angela Merkel. They should have elected Angelina Jolie or Donald Trump :)

You're perfectly right. These thieving parasitic scum only crawled out of the sewers once Sadik Khan was elected. Before that London was a true crime free paradise.

Fucking idiot.

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18

Yeah man, nothing to do with losing over 22,000 police officers (almost 15% of the entire force) resulting from cuts under successive Tory governments since 2010.

Reactions: kaddy and pfrist

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Yeah man, nothing to do with losing over 22,000 police officers (almost 15% of the entire force) resulting from cuts under successive Tory governments since 2010.

Wow really? That is significant

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
You're perfectly right. These thieving parasitic scum only crawled out of the sewers once Sadik Khan was elected. Before that London was a true crime free paradise.

Fucking idiot.

Totally agree. When he first got elected I liked him and thought he had big potential as he sold himself as a man of the people with working class roots, what a complete let down. All he cares about is trying to ban wood burning stoves, hitting cars with pollution taxes and making sure the Donald trump protest blimp flies high while stabbings and street robbery spiral out of control. Wtf!!!!!

Sent from the RWI App

SadProfessor

1/11/17
The reason crime nationwide is soaring is because of a lack police, increased poverty and lack of proper rehabilitation.

Sadiq Khan has nothing to do with those.

Repeated reelection of of conservative governments bringing public sector cut after public sector cut is the reason things aren’t improving.

You can’t just tell the police to catch more criminals without giving them the means to do so.

People wouldn’t turn to crime so readily if there wasn’t such a vast divide in rich and poor. You need welfare and wage increases to reduce the wealth gap.

You need money to fund rehabilitation programs, drug programs, youth programs.

You don’t get any of these things whilst cutting public spending.