• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question . . .

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
What do you guys think are the most important threads that a noob should read? Give me a list of those threads you think should be be in a "Read these before doing anything" thread.

I'll use the top 10/12 picks.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I don't know of any particular thread(s) that a noob should read, they should read all IMO. But anyway, as a suggestion, there should be some required reading threads (to be determined by staff) to be acknowledged by noobs as being read and understood before they are granted membership. Particularly on the posting of QC pictures.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Considering the seemingly increasing number of nuked sales threads, inmates in the brig and banned scammers, maybe IQ tests and psychological profiles should be prerequisite to first posts.
Just kidding, sort of.

Maybe a required reading prior to gaining membership, visitor status or first posts - Covering the basic " who, what when, where, how of the forum.
Something like:

1. Forum history
2. Forum Mission Statement
3. Chain of command

4. TD's, SV's - What they do, how they are chosen ( why should they be trusted, how are they better than other dealers on the net ), basic overview of ordering, payment, QC, shipping. Customs and communication etiquette.
5. Moderators, Advisors, Admin. Support - who are they, how do they support the forum, what authority do they have, how to communicate with them
6. Rules, regulations, forum etiquette, behavior guidelines,
Reasons/benefits for Supporters and Patrons, Detailed list of Unacceptable Conduct and corrective action.

Just a short, sweet to the point basic new member initiation that must be read with signed acknowledgement prior to full access and posting on the forum.

One more idea for which I'm sure to get "ribbed" for - What if each new member was assigned a type of forum "big brother" to help the new member via a PM "one on one" - an individual resource to answer those questions like - who has the best sub? Which is closest to gen?
You know, someone to take the new member under their wing help them. This " Big Brother: could be available to the new member for 30 days.
You guys can see where I'm going with this.
Hopefully, there is a good idea somewhere in all of this. Maybe it may at least "spark" some better suggestions/ideas by more senior members here.
Please, don't bust my balls for this. No matter how lame it may be, at least I've given it a shot.