• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TDs to “set up shop” in BAHRAIN

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I have 2 x shipments inbound that originate from Manama. To my surprise I had to investigate if the TDs had filed 2 x incorrect shipping instructions, however unlikely. I reach out to my TDs and they inform me that due to trade wars with China future bookings will be shipped from the M East. Bahrain has a longstanding diplomatic 25 years relationship with China. Opening up for a workaround to the ongoing trade wars.

The new supply chain will be that the TDs ship the watch out of China to Bahrain. In Bahrain its repacked and relabeled and shipped to its final destination. One problem will be that if this continues on a larger scale, that we will see an influx in packages from the M East, it will only take days before the security regarding these parcels will be escalated to high heaven. More customs stops, checks.

I.e. We as watch collectors has just been bit by the first wave of challenges due to the trade wars.

Both my bookings are DHL. Post / EMS is probably no affected and not under same requirements are other global carriers / TNT / FedEx / DHL etc.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
That is very interesting.
Once, I had my package came from Vanuatu before it landed to US soil.

Hope you watch enjoyed some R&R on the island of Vanuatu before arriving at its destination :)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Well if Customs didn't know before they do now don't they? Maybe not the best idea to publicise on open forum?

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Please delete the original post as soon as possible. It can be viewed by public without logging-in. The employees of customs also use the Internet and eventually will see the original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
please delete the original post as soon as possible. It can be viewed by public without logging-in. The employees of customs also use the internet and eventually will see the original post.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

lol

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
don't say anything about the country origin of shipment. Let it be from anywhere other than China. I know there are some CBP agents lurking on this forum.
well, it would be better to

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
They will always find a way to deliver haha!

But I always wonder how long the rep industry will stand. I remember when I was a kid going on vacation to Spain with my parents, and having dinner and guys from Africa would bother you with their Breitlings and Rolexes. You could tell and smell from 100m those were faker than fake. They were pieces of junk, mostly fantasy models, with only saying Rolex on the dial. I reckon Rolex didn't bother those things and wouldn't consider them copyright infringement at all. But now, years later it became a real industry, and you need to know your stuff in order to tell whether a watch is fake or not. Even among the rep guys here there is only a few who can tell the difference. And it seems new factories popping up like mushrooms. How many factories make Rolex now? Noob, ARF, BP, VRF, DJF, KSF, ERF? Youtube is full with reviews of replica watches. I cannot believe this will go on forever...

Reactions: Stuessi and leo6929

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
They will always find a way to deliver haha!

But I always wonder how long the rep industry will stand. I remember when I was a kid going on vacation to Spain with my parents, and having dinner and guys from Africa would bother you with their Breitlings and Rolexes. You could tell and smell from 100m those were faker than fake. They were pieces of junk, mostly fantasy models, with only saying Rolex on the dial. I reckon Rolex didn't bother those things and wouldn't consider them copyright infringement at all. But now, years later it became a real industry, and you need to know your stuff in order to tell whether a watch is fake or not. Even among the rep guys here there is only a few who can tell the difference. And it seems new factories popping up like mushrooms. How many factories make Rolex now? Noob, ARF, BP, VRF, DJF, KSF, ERF? Youtube is full with reviews of replica watches. I cannot believe this will go on forever...

As long as there are luxury goods that the majority of the population can't afford, replicas will exist. Forever.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Interesting, trade wars now affecting at a personal level. I wonder if the rest of the countries that are not USA will be affected by this.

Reactions: johnlogan

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
johnlogan Very interesting topic. I would have liked to respond to many posts here, but as the current forum website does not have multiquote, wont. Or is there a way to multiquote?

trailboss99 don't worry, somebody in customs would definitely have known, and even if they didn't, they probably react to observed or detectable volumes, so a post here is immaterial.

markiemark like the next fellow postulated, this rep industry will go on for ever. No law cannot be circumvented. Might affect prices of transaction, but every law will be circumvented. That's evolution.

yodog I was referring to your comment in the above comment. I rephrase: as long as somebody finds buyers at exorbitant margins to manufacturing costs, there will always be counterfeiters who will always find a way to fill in. Ingenuity is a double edged sword. Counterfeiters are as ingenious as those who have a market for exorbitant margins.

In summary, the next level of ingenuity in this counterfeit business is to find safer shipping channels :) !!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I think you guys are over thinking and over analyzing things by a large margin. Counterfeiters wil counterfeit and they will adapt as necessary. Enjoy it for what it is and don't sweat it these type of details.

Johnny99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/18
Had two come the last week from Bahrain. Thought it was interesting.

Arrived in three days from shipment notice in perfect condition from pure time. No issues.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Had two come the last week from Bahrain. Thought it was interesting.

Arrived in three days from shipment notice in perfect condition from pure time. No issues.

Than PT & InTime is using this setup now.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
We have a lot of really interesting and unique members here at RWI. You never know who's watching and reading.

Any admin / mods are free to move this thread if deemed necessary! Parcels related to terror trumps a replica watch any day of the week.