• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this... fixable, or not a big issue? (yes, the HULK again)

armandk1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/10/14
For all who claimed I never addressed the buyer's concerns and that this transaction could be a scam, I'm posting below all the messages I received which were replied right away. I was not aware of this parallel thread and stopped communicating with the buyer only when I issued a full refund for the Hulk and that he was demanding a refund for the second watch as well which was brand new. At that point I got the moderators involved to help resolve this issue. Now you be the judge!

Moderator edit - screenshots of PM's removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
armandk1 did you really just post the buyers personal info, along with your own of course. I would delete that ASAP and ask for mercy

Reactions: occb2

xxtwisted26xx

Supporter
Certified
12/6/18
armandk1 Lol nice, I like how you didn’t include a few messages before that where you want to just sell the watch in private message and not make a forum m2m sale ;). At post office now will update with tracking soon. You are so shady I would not recommend you as a seller

kjawor

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
13/2/16
Hulks are a hit or miss unfortunately. Just ordered a v9, hope it'll be better then the v7 I have now...

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
armandk1 You just broke a cardinal rule WTF

You do realise that the P in PM stands for Private, right?

I had previously seen the messages as the moderator trying to help out, you did not need to share them with members and public alike. Especially when they contained personal information., You had no authorisation from me or from xxtwisted26xx to do that and have just made a rod for your own back.

Twisty, thanks for the extra pictures, I can now see with clarity the issue. Whilst is still does not seem visible on the sales pictures, I am in a quandry what to do with all this. As for the Hulk, it is being returned. Please PM me the tracking number ASAP so I can keep an eye on how this unfolds. I would suggest you take a video of the boxing process to be on the safe side.

I will discuss other matters with the staff

Reactions: Maron

armandk1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/10/14
I am sorry but since everyone had the impression that I was not replying to the thread and it was identified as a possible scam, I was just trying to save my image as I have other watches and straps for sale.

Thank you

xxtwisted26xx

Supporter
Certified
12/6/18
bkg! Crap I already sent but I did take plenty of pics boxing up at the post office the item, so if a video is needed I can’t request a security camera if required for some reason lol. Is there an email or number I can send photos and tracking number with receipt to for you? Uploading to picr then one by one putting a video would be a lot

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
For all who claimed I never addressed the buyer's concerns and that this transaction could be a scam, I'm posting below all the messages I received which were replied right away. I was not aware of this parallel thread and stopped communicating with the buyer only when I issued a full refund for the Hulk and that he was demanding a refund for the second watch as well which was brand new. At that point I got the moderators involved to help resolve this issue. Now you be the judge!

Moderator edit - screenshots of PM's removed

What the actual fuck???? Why, you know better than to do that! If I thought you didn't I would never have agreed to this massive sell off of yours!

Very disappointed in you for doing that, you know that's going to attract some No Sale time don't you? I'm not sure how much, I'll leave that up to the mods.

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
I don’t “think” ive done any deals with the OP. But I am a fellow obsessive collector. There are times in my history here I’ve had many many watches and literally have had some I bought off m2m, put in my box or winder, took a pic on my wrist and wore for an hour, then didn’t think about again for weeks or months. When I sell something like that, I honestly don’t spend hours intricately scrutinizing every part (unless we’re talking Franken or gen). I normally am doing a small purge and I list 3-7 watches at once. 12 is the most I’ve seen, but I’ve done 3-7 more than once. He could have easily made an honest mistake and sent it without knowing it was there.

The buyer, you’ve been really harsh and mean to a guy who gave you a refund before you sent the watch back. Most people here, and the forum policy, is the opposite. That doesn’t line itself to shady seller but to a oh damn I missed it and feel bad kinda seller.

Lastly - OP smh. Posting PMs is one of the few major rules. And personal info to boot. I know you wanted to clear your name but putting the buyer at risk isn’t the way to do it.

Hope this all all gets resolved smoothly and is a great learning chance for noobies seeing the thread.

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
I don’t “think” ive done any deals with the OP. But I am a fellow obsessive collector. There are times in my history here I’ve had many many watches and literally have had some I bought off m2m, put in my box or winder, took a pic on my wrist and wore for an hour, then didn’t think about again for weeks or months. When I sell something like that, I honestly don’t spend hours intricately scrutinizing every part (unless we’re talking Franken or gen). I normally am doing a small purge and I list 3-7 watches at once. 12 is the most I’ve seen, but I’ve done 3-7 more than once. He could have easily made an honest mistake and sent it without knowing it was there.

The buyer, you’ve been really harsh and mean to a guy who gave you a refund before you sent the watch back. Most people here, and the forum policy, is the opposite. That doesn’t line itself to shady seller but to a oh damn I missed it and feel bad kinda seller.

Lastly - OP smh. Posting PMs is one of the few major rules. And personal info to boot. I know you wanted to clear your name but putting the buyer at risk isn’t the way to do it.

Hope this all all gets resolved smoothly and is a great learning chance for noobies seeing the thread.

All well said.

Reactions: Ramone50000

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16

I'm totally agree, the buyer had for a time the watch and the money ! If the seller was a scammer it wont be a *good* one :) !

I will add that i just received one of the watch sold by the seller in this long purge. It's a long discontinuited Pam Arktos.

This watch is at the minimum a 3 or 4 year watch, and is in a like new condition. I'm really pleased with this deal.