• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this... fixable, or not a big issue? (yes, the HULK again)

xxtwisted26xx

Supporter
Certified
12/6/18
So after finally being able to close the back of the watch I received yesterday, I noticed that there is a circular metalic spot on the face of the watch that looks like paint had come off. Against the green face of the watch its quite noticeable. Now, I am NOT throwing blame around, but in the pics the seller posted - which i cant find, unless a mod can help out - the watch hands kind of cover the spot up. Anyway is there a way to... cover that up, or do rolex faces degenrate the paint over time (even though theyre in a sealed environment). Kind of sad as its a beaituful watch, my first expensive rolex Rep since i started with Regmariners, and its been having all these problems (arrived with back of case open and loose, paint coming off front).

White spot between 1 and 2, and thats under, on the face of the watch and flat like paint had come off.

zRo3A.jpg

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It's pretty easy to cover that up - just do what your seller did - put the hands over it.

armandk1 care to explain why, despite the fact the watch is running, in each of your pics, the mark on the dial is covered by the minute hand ? and why ship a watch with the case back unscrewed ?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
It's pretty easy to cover that up - just do what your seller did - put the hands over it.

armandk1 care to explain why, despite the fact the watch is running, in each of your pics, the mark on the dial is covered by the minute hand ? and why ship a watch with the case back unscrewed ?

woehaaaa. lol......but seriously if it is sold like that and not mentioned, looks like a "scam"
only way to fix it is a new dail...@xxtwisted26xx

PlanetZoom

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/16
USA

That's messed up!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

armandk1 you read my post, but decided not to comment?

Raddave

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
armandk1 you just logged on 15 minutes ago , still no comment from you.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
xxtwisted26xx is there anything else wrong with this watch ? aside from paint damage to the dial and the case back being unscrewed when you received it .

Have you checked that all dates flip over, do they line up reasonably well, does it keep reasonably accurate time - +/- 30 seconds a day ? Does the bezel turn ? etc etc . .

xxtwisted26xx

Supporter
Certified
12/6/18
Bezel turns, haven’t used the watch yet to Check time will do today after work!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Bezel turns, haven’t used the watch yet to Check time will do today after work!

You haven't used it yet to check the time . . ? it's a watch, what else can you do with it LOL ?

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
You haven't used it yet to check the time . . ? it's a watch, what else can you do with it LOL ?

Come on Trip!!! \You can stare at it longingly and cry yourself to sleep that it's not perfect :lamo2:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Well this one is far from perfect.

xxtwisted26xx

Supporter
Certified
12/6/18
I was going to wear it but as people said in my other thread, they said not to wear it because the loose back could allow sweat to go in watch and damage it. I got one of my surgery gloves, made a ball out of it, then turned t but I’m not confidant it’s sealed fully... gonna take it to a watch guy this weekend maybe see if he can verify it’s good

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I was going to wear it but as people said in my other thread, they said not to wear it because the loose back could allow sweat to go in watch and damage it. I got one of my surgery gloves, made a ball out of it, then turned t but I’m not confidant it’s sealed fully... gonna take it to a watch guy this weekend maybe see if he can verify it’s good

Is it tightly screwed down ? If so then you can wear it - but don't go swimming with it on until you have it tested for WR.

Are you sure that the mark on the dial is actually a defect - paint coming off - and not a flake of something stuck to the dial ? It's not on the crystal - it's definitely on the dial ?

xxtwisted26xx

Supporter
Certified
12/6/18
Definitely on the dial, it looks more obvious in person I’ll take more pics at home. Maybe a video if you’re in USA I can text it or upload somewhere

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Definitely on the dial, it looks more obvious in person I’ll take more pics at home. Maybe a video if you’re in USA I can text it or upload somewhere

I am in constant contact with the buyer of the Hulk and have asked him what makes him happy and am waiting for his reply. You can verify that with the buyer. As far as other sales go, you can see the buyers are happy. I never sell a defective watch that I am aware of and if there is a problem, I will disclose it. I've had over 50 positive feedbacks before the site crashed and many members can vouch for me. As far as the Cartier goes, I have disclosed that if any person finds my prices unrealistic or if there are lower prices elsewhere, I'll happily adjust it.

Thank you.

Can you confirm that your seller has been in 'constant contact' with you about this problem ?

xxtwisted26xx

Supporter
Certified
12/6/18
Yeah he PMd me this morning and have been talking about it! Said he never saw the marking