• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Im a total noonb at all this, but how do you tighten the back of a Rolex?

xxtwisted26xx

Supporter
Certified
12/6/18
Bought a Rolex Hulk off another member here. Watch arrived and i noticed back of watch case is loose. I tried rotating that backk of the case clockwise but wont turn and remains loose. Scared of water getting in there.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
you should definitely fasten it, even sweat can and will damage the movement.
you should use a rubber ball or some friction rag to try to fasten it, or go to a watchsmith and he will do it in seconds with the right tools

Reactions: vcappp

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
A "sticky" ball or special Rolexopener will do the trick, if you don't have a rubber ball, you can use gaffer tape, take a large piece and kinda crumble it with the sticky side on the outside. A rubber glove can also help... but defibnately fasten it as it will damage the mvt when moisture gets in.

Reactions: vcappp

xxtwisted26xx

Supporter
Certified
12/6/18
I have likke surgery gloves? SO i just ball it up and press down and turn clockwise?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
If you are turning clockwise and pushing down at the same time, and it won't tighten then there is a problem - the threads are stripped. If that's the case you should contact the seller, as a watch with a case back that won't tighten is virtually useless.

Reactions: rj999 and vcappp