• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What happens to rejected watches?

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
Hey guys,

Just a quick Q, what do the TDs do with those QC rejected watches, so if there is a major flaw like the movement has ceased then it goes back to the factory, but what about minor defects? What happens to those watches?

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
On, and on, and on until it meets the local street vendor on the corner...

B

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
What I have been told is the TDs send them back to the factories as they do not hold stock. What the factory does with them I do not know. I have also been told that because of the amount of rejects with some people rejecting up to 2-3 watches it is pushing up the prices the TDs have to pay the factories for them and therefore pushing up the prices for us poor buggers.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
What I have been told is the TDs send them back to the factories as they do not hold stock. What the factory does with them I do not know. I have also been told that because of the amount of rejects with some people rejecting up to 2-3 watches it is pushing up the prices the TDs have to pay the factories for them and therefore pushing up the prices for us poor buggers.

Interesting
I think like bobandshawn said, the factory will offer/sell the reject bin to other sellers (DHGate, Guangzhou Watch Market, Canal Street etc).

Reactions: vcappp

llvicente1023

31/8/17

I see. But how come i am still being qouted the same of price after rejecting probably 3 watches. When does the increase of price comes? And where is this Canal street that is always frequently mentioned on different threads? Lol. Is this the one in London or NY?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I see. But how come i am still being qouted the same of price after rejecting probably 3 watches. When does the increase of price comes? And where is this Canal street that is always frequently mentioned on different threads? Lol. Is this the one in London or NY?

You are not charged higher for the next watch, however I have been told that the rate of rejections has helped to increase prices in general. This could be speculation I do not know. Prices have certainly gone up in the last year.

Canal Street is an area in New York that is associated with selling fake merchandise. The term is broadly used to describe any replica stuff that is sold at a market stall generally low end rep stuff.

Reactions: Micha88

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
I think what they mean is that factories are charging more to cover the loss incurred with rejected watches. i live in nyc and these reps are definitely not making its way there. the reps at canal street are third rate at best

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I think what they mean is that factories are charging more to cover the loss incurred with rejected watches. i live in nyc and these reps are definitely not making its way there. the reps at canal street are third rate at best

I think you have to go to a basement or an attic or somewhere secluded to get the 1st rate replica at Canal. That’s what I heard from female co-workers who purchase Hermes bags there.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
To be fair, most of the rejected watches by forum members are well within the factory manufacture and quality control tolerances.

We seem to have higher standards than the factory QC department.

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
To be fair, most of the rejected watches by forum members are well within the factory manufacture and quality control tolerances.

Are you serious? Some of the watch that I’ve seen is a joke if you want a faulty bezel staring you in the face. I don’t think we have high standards. It’s just normal what you expect when you pay for premium for a rep you expect the qc guy not to be blind at the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Are you serious? Some of the watch that I’ve seen is a joke if you want a faulty bezel staring you in the face. I don’t think we have high standards. It’s just normal what you expect when you pay for premium for a rep you expect the qc guy not to be blind at the factory.

Stay here long enough and you'll see people rejecting watches for ridiculously small things which would never be seen or even when the gen has the same or worse tolerance (rehaut/ accuracy...)

You're not paying a premium for a rep - you're paying the market rate $300-$450 for a Chinese fake - and it will always be a Chinese fake. The 'guy at the factory' gets $20 a week and couldn't care less about what you expect.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

Lol. I don’t think you’ve seen the photoshop straight lines people draw on their QC pics to check alignment to a few microns. Or the “rejects” because the “SEL gap” or crystal height is not right to less than a hairs width etc. These are not classed as “rejects” by the factory design and manufacturing tolerance specifications.

Faulty bezels and complete lemons are rare when buying HQ reps from established makers through TDs. Of course the odd one gets through the net and hence why we have the opportunity to inspect QC pics ourselves prior to to acceptance.

Legitimate rejects (faulty watches outside factory spec) get returned to factory for repair/disposal/give away etc

bobandshawn

Patron
29/10/13
Florida

I agree. Some here are ridiculously annoying to TD's...

B

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
They are annoying, but if a person does reject a watch QC (for whatever reason) and the TD thinks its okay to sell on then I guess he/she will just use that watch when someone else orders it (on assumption its a popular model).

My fear is that a TD that has a good relationship with the factory will get the good stock, whilst rejected QC items etc that goes back to the factory will then be sold on again to say another TD, which doesn't have as good a relationship, hence why choosing the right TD is also important?

Im totally guessing/assuming would be great if someone could weigh in. I don't think the factory would do anything with a rejected model (as long as it worked) other than sell it on for full price to whomever...

Thanks!

xray7

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
1/4/18
Old Dart
I think you have to go to a basement or an attic or somewhere secluded to get the 1st rate replica at Canal. That’s what I heard from female co-workers who purchase Hermes bags there.

As someone who once visited a market in central Europe known to the locals as being the place to go for replica goods, this sounds about right.

Between showing the market stall guys my skills with the balisongs they were pushing, only speaking English and the better half likewise speaking fluent English, the locals were convinced we couldn't possibly be cops after about an hour. A flurry of phone calls between people on the ground and we were picked up by a guide.

After following a maze of derelict of shipping containers, we got to several which which were converted into showrooms... tables, lighting, the whole nine yards. It felt like a bad 80s movie.

Reactions: efajri