• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ginault

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Guys,

I never have a TC watch, and I am thinking to buy a TC's legit brand (if Ginault is TC's). I am wondering if any of you own one, and I would like to hear what you think of the watch.

I am thinking of getting Ocean-Rover 185066C1LVD

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Ginault’s are kinda expensive for what they are...a homage brand. I would rather but a couple of reps instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Ginault’s are kinda expensive for what they are...a homage brand. I would rather but a couple of reps instead.

I agree with you. The price range between 700-1800 is a bit higher for an "Unknown" brand. I guess TC has to cover more costs now vs before. I still want to see, hold, feel what TC makes.
Did you buy Ginault?

Reactions: mech500

john45

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/18
Sonoma
FWIW, I have a Ginault bracelet which I bought to put on my BK Hulk. The quality is much better than any of my rep sub bracelets, weightier, better finish. No Rolex labeling, however.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
FWIW, I have a Ginault bracelet which I bought to put on my BK Hulk. The quality is much better than any of my rep sub bracelets, weightier, better finish. No Rolex labeling, however.

Interesting. Thanks for your response.
I am curious to hear about the watch.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Interesting. Thanks for your response.
I am curious to hear about the watch.

There are a gazillion reviews online - youtube, watchuseek. I agree with mech500 - its a ton of money to drop on a homage - much better watches are around at that price.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
There are a gazillion reviews online - youtube, watchuseek. I agree with mech500 - its a ton of money to drop on a homage - much better watches are around at that price.

Yeah, I've seen some reviews on Youtube, but I am always skeptical when someone reviews an item on youtube; they must get paid by the vendor or get it for free. LOL

Thanks for your response muiramas

Last edited:

hartdoc

14/9/11
6eNSI
My ginault with some junk parts I had lying around.

20180813_172446_resized (1).jpg
20180813_192620_resized (1).jpg

6eFQo

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

Did you put a ginault bracelet, which is designed to fit in a classic submariner style case on a modern ceramic Subariner case (ie hulk)? I can’t imagine the fit looking good

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Yeah, I've seen some reviews on Youtube, but I am always skeptical when someone reviews an item on youtube; they must get paid by the vendor or get it for free. LOL

Thanks for your response muiramas

I think they were selling them at 50% in return for a review when they launched. I havent followed them much, but as I understand, the reception has gone from warm to tepid. I think theres some more recent stuff on watchuseek.

My own take was that it was so close (blatant) to a sub, it was better to stick with a rep. Its ‘evolution’ from the sub was insignificant and the branding looked a bit clunky. ‘Built in Ameica’ may work on the back of a truck, not so much a watch in my view. Asian movement as well I think?

At that price I’d grab a Nacken, Sinn, Damasko, Stowa, Farer.... all much better.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I think they were selling them at 50% in return for a review when they launched. I havent followed them much, but as I understand, the reception has gone from warm to tepid. I think theres some more recent stuff on watchuseek.

My own take was that it was so close (blatant) to a sub, it was better to stick with a rep. Its ‘evolution’ from the sub was insignificant and the branding looked a bit clunky. ‘Built in Ameica’ may work on the back of a truck, not so much a watch in my view. Asian movement as well I think?

At that price I’d grab a Nacken, Sinn, Damasko, Stowa, Farer.... all much better.

Thank you so much. That helps me whether I should but it or not.

john45

29/4/18
Sonoma
Did you put a ginault bracelet, which is designed to fit in a classic submariner style case on a modern ceramic Subariner case (ie hulk)? I can’t imagine the fit looking good

I misspoke, I bought the Ginault bracelet to put on a JF 16610 that I was going to put together and then ended up snagging a TC V7X. The fact remains, however, that the Ginault bracelet is of higher quality than any 16610 bracelet I've seen and that includes my TC.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I misspoke, I bought the Ginault bracelet to put on a JF 16610 that I was going to put together and then ended up snagging a TC V7X. The fact remains, however, that the Ginault bracelet is of higher quality than any 16610 bracelet I've seen and that includes my TC.

Ah ok. That makes sense.

Incidentally, does the ginault bracelet have solid links....TC bracelets normally have hollow links like Gen 16610.

john45

29/4/18
Sonoma
Here you go. I'd say the Ginault is a 6 digit style bracelet that fits (supposedly) a 5 digit sub. The Ginault links are polished on the ends just like my BK 116610LV.

Ginault on the left in first photo.

john45

29/4/18
Sonoma
Also, notice the nicely beveled edges on the Ginault that are not present on the TC.