• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Two lost AP ROOs in the post. F#@K!

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Thanks to Spain's "tracked" postage "service" I have now lost a modded 57th Street ROO and Safari ROO. They say compensation will be paid but that's going to be f#@k all since they were reps trying to fly under the radar. The thing that hurts the most is that I sent them from Australia to be serviced, they both arrived back DOA and then I sent them again. A 12 month process to lose two of my favourite pieces. I'm absolutely gutted!!!!

Danii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/15
I had a 5513 franken lost in mail for almost a year until it was found and arrived safely. Not all hope is lost but I know very well how shitty it is to see your reps disappear like this :(

Reactions: vcappp and Norrie

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Gutted for you, but as Danii said one day maybe you’ll get a nice surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Thanks guys. Yeah, real bummer. The safari was a spare but the 57th st really hurts. That’s incredible Danii. I’ll cross fingers, knees and toes. And eyes.

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Found out today I'm getting compensated by the Spanish postal service. 50 euro and a kick in the nuts.

pm-guy

Supporter
Certified
10/5/14
Sorry to hear this...
Hope both watches turn up one day, keeping fingers cross for you ;)

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Sorry to hear this...
Hope both watches turn up one day, keeping fingers cross for you ;)

Thanks bud. Aussie customs never seem to confiscate so it's gotten lost or stolen. But hopefully momentarily misplaced. I compared this tracking to my last lot of tracking from Spain and I'm guessing it never made it on the plane.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Always send parcels insured for the value inside, regardless if reps or not.

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Well… despair turns to happiness. I just got an email severely lacking in detail but telling me the watches are on route back to the sender. I thought they were lost for sure but after initially sending these 2 ROOs for a service in Spain almost 12 months ago, I might finally have them back on the wrist in a couple of weeks. Just a guess but I reckon they probably weren't addressed correctly, arrived here by air and back there by ship. To cheer myself up after the loss I bought 3 watches and now they've been found, I'll have to celebrate of course. Maybe with another fruit salad diver chrono. So glad I'll be seeing my 57th Street again!!! *fist pump*

Reactions: MonsieurMax

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
congrats m8,...but just insure for the amount and call it broken watches and watchparts if needed. Regardless of being reps or not or international, insurance will pay if they are lost...at least my experience

Reactions: Norrie

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
There is an expression, "adding insult to injury." Yeah, well my watches haven't been found, that was a mistake. Still lost.

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Suddenly they were found and have been delivered to the sender. This time the tracking tells me it’s true. Watches are being tested before sending them again. What a saga!

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Suddenly they were found and have been delivered to the sender. This time the tracking tells me it’s true. Watches are being tested before sending them again. What a saga!
Wow , your emotions must be running high.

Hope you have them back soon.

Where about are you in Australia,? There may be couple of handy watchmakers you could try locally. The risk of sending watches to the EU appears to be quite high. Tempting but ..

Also you could try legend in Singapore, he seems to mod the APs for quite few members

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Wow , your emotions must be running high.

Hope you have them back soon.

Where about are you in Australia,? There may be couple of handy watchmakers you could try locally. The risk of sending watches to the EU appears to be quite high. Tempting but ..

Also you could try legend in Singapore, he seems to mod the APs for quite few members

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ll be so happy to have them back on my wrist. I’m in NSW about 1.5hrs north of Sydney. I actually tried these guys in Spain because my local guy had my Montauk for almost 18 months. I’ll definitely try legend next time though.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Glad this had a happy ending or at least appears to have one.

Reactions: Norrie

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Glad this had a happy ending or at least appears to have one.

Thanks. I won’t count my chickens after all this but it’s sounding positive now.