• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying a Rep to be Shipped to the UK

Yunnah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/16
Hey guys,

I'm about to jump on the rep waggon and can't wait LOL. My watch of choice is a 116610 ARF Sub.

Can someone help share some knowledge about getting a rep delivered to UK. Is it a pain in the ass, are there better dealers for the Uk market.....etc

Adrian8741

Known Member
30/6/18
I'm pretty new to this too, so please take what I have to say with the caveat it might not be entirely correct!

So far I've bought three watches, however all three were M2M purchases and 2 / 3 were already located in the UK. My first watch came from Poland and arrived without issue (despite the tracking stating it was headed to Greenland!!). Generally speaking it seems sending watches from inside the EU to the UK is pretty safe, at least that what I've been told.

In terms of TDs, it might be worth giving Sead at Supermirrors a look. While he is based in China he does have stock that is actually located in the UK - so after purchase the watch can be sent from within the UK to you. This has the benefit of a speedier delivery as well as no customs issues etc.

One thing to check with the TD you choose is what happens should the package be detained by customs. I believe most TDs take full responsibility, and if the worst does happen will send you another watch. Definitely best to check, though!

Other than that, just have a look at the TD section and browse some reviews etc. Also might be worth researching the watch itself to make sure the TD you select carries the right version (if more than one factory produce it) and you know what you're looking for by the time the QC pics arrive.

Good luck!

meteoropatia

Known Member
31/7/18
London
I use Ryan (intime) because if the watch get siezed he will send another one. Also delivery to my house does not take more than 5 days (once shipped) from guanzghou to london which is a reasonable time in my opinion. So far so good by the way. 2 watches delivered successfully.

Yunnah

23/10/16
I'm pretty new to this too, so please take what I have to say with the caveat it might not be entirely correct!

So far I've bought three watches, however all three were M2M purchases and 2 / 3 were already located in the UK. My first watch came from Poland and arrived without issue (despite the tracking stating it was headed to Greenland!!). Generally speaking it seems sending watches from inside the EU to the UK is pretty safe, at least that what I've been told.

In terms of TDs, it might be worth giving Sead at Supermirrors a look. While he is based in China he does have stock that is actually located in the UK - so after purchase the watch can be sent from within the UK to you. This has the benefit of a speedier delivery as well as no customs issues etc.

One thing to check with the TD you choose is what happens should the package be detained by customs. I believe most TDs take full responsibility, and if the worst does happen will send you another watch. Definitely best to check, though!

Other than that, just have a look at the TD section and browse some reviews etc. Also might be worth researching the watch itself to make sure the TD you select carries the right version (if more than one factory produce it) and you know what you're looking for by the time the QC pics arrive.

Good luck!

Thank you, I read a couple negative reviews in the TD section - that's my reason for posting here for reassurance I guess.

Yunnah

23/10/16
I use Ryan (intime) because if the watch get siezed he will send another one. Also delivery to my house does not take more than 5 days (once shipped) from guanzghou to london which is a reasonable time in my opinion. So far so good by the way. 2 watches delivered successfully.

Thanks very much for your reply, good to hear this. I had messaged Ryan already before posting this thread. I'm looking forward to hearing back from him.

meteoropatia

Known Member
31/7/18
London
Thanks very much for your reply, good to hear this. I had messaged Ryan already before posting this thread. I'm looking forward to hearing back from him.

You’re welcome lad. Ryan is a lovely person to deal with. Make sure your emails are straightforward and short. He doesn’t seem to speak proper english (he probably uses google translate) so make sure your messages are easy and direct. There’s another option which is RepSource EU. He is based in uk and you can find him in the supporting vendor section. If your watch is in stock get it from him. You will get it in no-time paying in pounds and no customs issues.

Mrlicks

18/7/18
Liverpool
Like Meteor said. RepSource is a great fella to deal with. Have a look see what he's got available. Email him with any enquirys.
See If he can get what your after.

mediamatters1

27/5/08
Shipping from China to The UK goes without a hitch 99 percent of the time......its rare that UK dealers have stock in house...particularly the high end models although Reg carries stock of some lower end stuff.

I'm you're worried about customs then M2M is probably the way to go in The EU.....but shipping from one of the TD'S only takes a few days once you've approved QC.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Hey guys,

I'm about to jump on the rep waggon and can't wait LOL. My watch of choice is a 116610 ARF Sub.

Can someone help share some knowledge about getting a rep delivered to UK. Is it a pain in the ass, are there better dealers for the Uk market.....etc

You should try Sead 'Supermirrors' in the TD section . He has an EU stocklist the watches are already in UK, just click on 'supermirrors' tab to see it . He has an ARF sub 116610LN on the current list .Send him an email to see if it is still available , his prices are in US dollars and include shipping , no customs , RMSD and on your wrist within three days .

Yunnah

23/10/16
no one has any stock of the lovely watch, they're waiting for a new batch. bugger lol

Kooney

Horology Curious
7/8/18
Just had Ryan ship me over a PP no issues with customs. 6 days wait time

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Never had a problem getting a watch in the UK - have only used China based TD’s.

Yunnah

23/10/16
I've pulled the trigger now and am awaiting delivery. I think the watch is already located in the UK, fingers crossed ;)

Dan2018

Known Member
19/8/18
U.K.
Hi, my order from Ryan took a ridiculous four days from day of order. The tracking showed the watch simply sailing through all customs etc, definitely put my mind at ease.