• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Oyster Perpetual 114300 refresh?

Styling

Horology Curious
8/12/17
I was looking to purchase the Rhodium color and was torn between JF (less reliable movement, more aesthetic) and the BP (Reliable movement, less aesthetic) and was wondering if there was a "refresh" in the works, is tehre a factory currently working on a v2 or updated version of these watches? I wouldn't want to buy something just to see that some time later it was improved.

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
JF is quite reliable as well mate..you could just do a small service at the movement and you d have a pretty good movement for the next years.

Styling

Horology Curious
8/12/17
It is reliable but I don't like the fact that it needs a good service and even after the service you can be unlucky and still have the movement crap out on ya. I like the fact that BP is an option aswell but I just wanted to know if there's a "v2" in the works.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Had my JF for a couple of months now. No service whatsoever, works like a charm and keeps excellent time. I guess not all of them are unreliable.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I was looking to purchase the Rhodium color and was torn between JF (less reliable movement, more aesthetic) and the BP (Reliable movement, less aesthetic) and was wondering if there was a "refresh" in the works, is tehre a factory currently working on a v2 or updated version of these watches? I wouldn't want to buy something just to see that some time later it was improved.

What would you like refreshed ? I personally think the JF 114300 red grape / grey are the best Rolex reps out there . I purchased one 12 months ago , never had it serviced on receipt and it runs , winds , sets great , also accurate touch wood ( will service at some point like any automatic watch )

Not sure what there is to refresh aesthetically , perhaps 904 L if that is what floats your boat ?

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Is this true?

Is there a list of rep-friendly watchsmiths by location on this forum?

^^ This note he says ANY not EVERY . You have to use your own judgment . I have received a watch with a supposedly bomb proof ETA clone which needed a service . I have gotten watches with ' service immediately' SH movements , which haven't needed one .

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
m.rad It COULD be that there's a need for service from the beginning... this doesn't means that happens often... None of the movements that are in the reps are made in the cleanest lab... dust and hairs are likely to be found in the rep movements and often they are dry or with poor lubrication...
You can't expect swiss standards from rep movements.

Thanks chocolito

Last edited:

Styling

Horology Curious
8/12/17
Everyone missed the question completely. I have seen somehwere on this forum that there was a v2 but it was super vague and I dont remember all the details, and I can't find it. Why buy a v1 when there's supposedly a v2 in the works? That's all im saying.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Everyone missed the question completely. I have seen somehwere on this forum that there was a v2 but it was super vague and I dont remember all the details, and I can't find it. Why buy a v1 when there's supposedly a v2 in the works? That's all im saying.

As far as the JF version, I am not familiar with a V2 in the works.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

I'm not sure what you missed in my reply . What is there that needs refreshing with the best OOTB Rolex rep ? That's all I'm saying.

Perhaps 904L and a promise of better QC no service movement. Whatever the improvements they will be small . I would like to see the newest black and white dials though .

Last edited:

Styling

Horology Curious
8/12/17
I'm not sure what you missed in my reply . What is there that needs refreshing with the best OOTB Rolex rep ? That's all I'm saying.

Perhaps 904L and a promise of better QC no service movement. Whatever the improvements they will be small . I would like to see the newest black and white dials though .

Because in some cases people boast on how unreliable JF's is even after servicing, and that they'd rather get BP. Perhaps an ETA movement can be "refreshed". That's all. I know the JF is "1:1" but the movement is the only thing pushing me back from purchasing. I don't want a ticking time bomb.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Because in some cases people boast on how unreliable JF's is even after servicing, and that they'd rather get BP. Perhaps an ETA movement can be "refreshed". That's all. I know the JF is "1:1" but the movement is the only thing pushing me back from purchasing. I don't want a ticking time bomb.
So you have answered your own original question . Any update, 'refresh, ' V2 isn't going to feature a clone ETA I believe they won't fit in the JF case , so buy the BP.

As stated earlier in this thread i purchased a JF red grape 12 months ago , never had it serviced . Touch wood the watch runs like a German train ,winds well,keeps time well , lovely sweep on the second hand and practically silent when held to the ear .

There are 3 Rolex watches classed as 'super reps' ( consensual list ) two you can't get anymore ( except in m2m) and one of those isn't an OOTB watch . So despite all of the chatter about Noob, Arf, Daytonas, Subby's DJ's etc . The only Rolex Super rep you can get from a TD is the JF 114300 .

You keep using phrases like ' ticking time bomb' and ' crap out' . There is nothing wrong with the SH3132 movement , just that they sometimes need cleaning and oiling, they not ticking time bombs. However if something goes wrong you will have to purchase genuine Rolex parts , whereas it is far easier to service , find parts etc for a clone ETA. You also have the option to put a genuine Swiss ETA in the BP , you don't with the JF.

However if you get the BP , the rehaut engraving is poor , the clasp is wrong , the bezel is too wide , the case shape is wrong , and the watch has the wrong lume.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

Looks like you got your refresh chap Puretime have announced the release of an ARF 904L 114300 . As i believe JF/ARF as the same factory production line . This must be the already 'Super rep ' status JF 114300 in 904L . So effectively a JF V2 under the ARF moniker , still the same SH3132 movement though .