• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can someone more experienced than me PLEASE help w/ MY FIRST REP EVER!?—I’ll post photos, PLEASE!?

Sameoldme

Horology Curious
10/6/18
LA
Hey guys, quick question...

Which <$350 (&hopefully as cheap below that as possible), VINTAGE, Swiss movement, *available now*, Rolex Rep would have the best chance to dupe, say, a rookie employee/jeweler at the mall watch-store?? (a new employee without a ton of experience/training)

And would it definitely need to have Swiss movement for instance?...if said-jeweler didn’t open the watch up??

Finally, I also have he same question, but for;

-vintage Rolex reps *non-sub*?

-modern-day Rolex reps *non-sub*?

-Breitling reps?

-& finally, vintage reps *non-rolex*?

I’m obviously new to this, so please don’t murder me for asking. I think a lot of people who are new to this might actually have similar questions, but they either don’t ask because it’s too stupid, or they ask, but just know how to word it better than I do, so I just haven’t been able to find my answers because I’m too stupid from too many years of ingesting stupid substances—if so, I apologize to everyone! (But I’d still appreciate some help with my questions nonetheless please!!)

Thanks for your input & for your tolerance guys!!

P.S. —>>I’m not asking this for my own entertainment & to waste your time, I’m ready to purchase my first rep, and I was legitimately going to base my decision on the result of the input from these questions, so please help me out & I’ll post photos when it arrives!!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Hey guys, quick question...

Which <$350 (&hopefully as cheap below that as possible), VINTAGE, Swiss movement, *available now*, Rolex Rep would have the best chance to dupe, say, a rookie employee/jeweler at the mall watch-store?? (a new employee without a ton of experience/training)

And would it definitely need to have Swiss movement for instance?...if said-jeweler didn’t open the watch up??

Finally, I also have he same question, but for;

-vintage Rolex reps *non-sub*?

-modern-day Rolex reps *non-sub*?

-Breitling reps?

-& finally, vintage reps *non-rolex*?

I’m obviously new to this, so please don’t murder me for asking. I think a lot of people who are new to this might actually have similar questions, but they either don’t ask because it’s too stupid, or they ask, but just know how to word it better than I do, so I just haven’t been able to find my answers because I’m too stupid from too many years of ingesting stupid substances—if so, I apologize to everyone! (But I’d still appreciate some help with my questions nonetheless please!!)

Thanks for your input & for your tolerance guys!!

P.S. —>>I’m not asking this for my own entertainment & to waste your time, I’m ready to purchase my first rep, and I was legitimately going to base my decision on the result of the input from these questions, so please help me out & I’ll post photos when it arrives!!

Possibly the most ridiculous sentence I've ever read.

Why do you want to fool a rookie/new employee ?

Your question is impossible to answer - the new employee could be a fan of vintage Rolex and know more about them than his boss. Or he could have the IQ of an amoeba and be fooled by a $50 turd bought off Aliexpress.

If your question is serious, and not some half assed attempt at scamming, then you should have asked something like 'which is the best value for money vintage Rolex available'.

And then set that question out in such a way that it doesn't hurt peoples brains when they try to read it.

Reactions: rj999 and Rx4Time

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I’m too stupid from too many years of ingesting stupid substances—if so, I apologize to everyone!

Thanks for explaining yourself.

Visit a TD’s website - Puretime is probably the best for seeing what’s available. Nothing that is available will fool anyone working in a jewellers though.

Dont try and pass a fake off as a real one at a jewellers - you’ll get caught and go to jail.

And lay off the drugs.

Reactions: rj999 and Rx4Time

Sameoldme

Horology Curious
10/6/18
LA
I’m not literally trying to fool a novice jeweler. My question, other than for recommendations for specific builds, was just in-general (I told you, I can’t particularly come-up with the best words to phrase this, sorry), like if someone were walking through the mall with a chick on a first date—for whatever reason, wearing a rep—in that particular scenario, a sudden, uninvited discussion about whether or not that watch is a rep or not is definitely not a good thing. I was talking about that type of *passability*.
And about Swiss movement; I’m really not educated as far as movements go; so this part is really me just trying to learn...
im trying to understand the necessity of Swiss movement as far as the effect it’ll have on how 1:1 a rep will compare to a gen. Both; With the watch on someone’s wrist, and then if it were removed and handed-over.....and one step further...if the back of the watch were removed.
I’m not sure if that’s clear or not at all. But what I’m trying to ask is; does Swiss or Asian movement affect how genuine a rep will look in either of those three scenarios. And if it does play a factor in, say, the scenario where someone gets a watch in their hands with the back removed...(kinda back to my original question...if you’ve beaded with me this long)...what sort of experience/expertise would be needed for hat person to be able to differentiate a gen from a Super Rep Swiss ETA. And what type of expertise/experience would it take to notice the difference between an asian super rep vs. gen?
Does any of hat make my original question make some more sense?? I really so think I can’t be the only one with these questions—-maybe so though, I am odd I guess.

And can anyone please tell me if I need to pay for Swiss movement after all of that honesty about my ignorance?? And either way, please point me in the in the direction of the best **CURRENTLY AVAILABLE** Breitling super rep & vintage Rolex super rep <$350?
if I’m just too annoying with this already, sorry.

Sameoldme

Horology Curious
10/6/18
LA
I’m not literally trying to fool a novice jeweler. My question, other than for recommendations for specific builds, was just in-general (I told you, I can’t particularly come-up with the best words to phrase this, sorry), like if someone were walking through the mall with a chick on a first date—for whatever reason, wearing a rep—in that particular scenario, a sudden, uninvited discussion about whether or not that watch is a rep or not is definitely not a good thing. I was talking about that type of *passability*.
And about Swiss movement; I’m really not educated as far as movements go; so this part is really me just trying to learn...
im trying to understand the necessity of Swiss movement as far as the effect it’ll have on how 1:1 a rep will compare to a gen. Both; With the watch on someone’s wrist, and then if it were removed and handed-over.....and one step further...if the back of the watch were removed.
I’m not sure if that’s clear or not at all. But what I’m trying to ask is; does Swiss or Asian movement affect how genuine a rep will look in either of those three scenarios. And if it does play a factor in, say, the scenario where someone gets a watch in their hands with the back removed...(kinda back to my original question...if you’ve beaded with me this long)...what sort of experience/expertise would be needed for hat person to be able to differentiate a gen from a Super Rep Swiss ETA. And what type of expertise/experience would it take to notice the difference between an asian super rep vs. gen?
Does any of hat make my original question make some more sense?? I really so think I can’t be the only one with these questions—-maybe so though, I am odd I guess.
And can anyone please tell me if I need to pay for Swiss movement after all of that honesty about my ignorance?? And either way, please point me in the in the direction of the best **CURRENTLY AVAILABLE** Breitling super rep & vintage Rolex super rep <$350?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

I’d feel sorry for the ‘chick’?

check out puretimes website like i said.

Reactions: rj999 and Rush

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Dude relax.

You can order a set of fake papers to match whatever rep you buy. Simple carry them in your wallet in case some little wise ass tries to call you out in front of shorty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It seems you want to know, if you are walking down the street with a recently hatched bird and a fake watch made in China on your wrist, or if you happen to be served by the spotty apprentice at the jewellery store, will people notice that the watch you are wearing is a fake watch made in China, and will you be publicly ridiculed and humiliated by these people around you ?

No. They don't care.

Does this fake watch made in China need to have a Swiss movement inside in order to be convincing ?

No.

Replica01

I'm Pretty Popular
27/11/16
It seems you want to know, if you are walking down the street with a recently hatched bird and a fake watch made in China on your wrist, or if you happen to be served by the spotty apprentice at the jewellery store, will people notice that the watch you are wearing is a fake watch made in China, and will you be publicly ridiculed and humiliated by these people around you ?

No. They don't care.

Does this fake watch made in China need to have a Swiss movement inside in order to be convincing ?

No.
Well, it happened to me twice the last month.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

machim

19/7/17
Guys, don’t make fun of him. I think it’s normal to come in rep world with that initial idea. But I hope you spent more time to do some reading and get understand more about our hobby.
How about I give you a first start. Swiss movement under $350 is unrealistic.
The most accurate rep and hard to find out by looking it from outside and good for money is Panerai
I would suggest you to pick a panerai instead of rolex.
You should go to Panerai section and start reading on Pam review and pick one for yourself.
You can also check toro website. Toro.fun and go to special offers. He has a lot of discount Panerai model for your budget.
See if anything you like and in th super rep list . Then may be purchase a good quality straps from our strap artistes.

Enjoy the reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp and Ams55557

Locknload

22/3/13
I believe he has fallen into the old “AAA+++ Super duper Rep replicated 1:1 even a jeweler can’t tell the difference!” BS that is on a whole slew of rep websites that sell you a $999 AP diver because it is “top grade” when we can get a more accurate rep from the TD’s here for less than half of that.

If you take a rep rolex into any half way reputable place that services watches and have someone take off the back that actually works on watches for a living (even the newest guy usually has gone through training) they will be able to tell that the movement is fake. Even the more recent clones of the rolex movements.

Reactions: vcappp

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

Call me cynical, but I have a feeling there is much more to your story.

Reactions: Champsy

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
This is amongst the strangest posts I have ever read on here . Chap if you had done some reading of the site you could answer all those questions yourself . It is written by somebody who just hasn't tried , or is inebriated. I would start by finding the new member section , then the ' consensual super rep list ' on this site , they are really easy to find if you try . For < $350 with delivery , currency conversion, transfer fees etc you have a number of options ( Panerai was a good suggestion). They won't have genuine Swiss ETA movements in though , Google the cost of these movements . In answer to your question if somebody takes the back off your rep watch and it has a Swiss ETA movement , they will know it is a fake immediately . As the genuine watch ( you mention high end reps ) will have an in-house movement or calibre movement .Just have a look and do some research on the watches . I supect from your fooling chicks , shopping mall workers etc comment you will want a ROLEX ? Then pay a little more and get a 114300 red grape you get should it < $400 .

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Hot chicks can spot Asian clones from a mile off. That’s when you know you’ve found a keeper

sorry for busting your chops, man, but if you’re really worried about being called out on wearing a rep, don’t buy a rep. No one will notice or care about your watch.

If you want to impress a girl, use your character, whit and charm instead

Reactions: Maron and Rush

Rush

I'm Pretty Popular
29/5/16
CONUS
""Leave the chicken at home - that's whats attracting the attention"""

Hahaha!..One of the funniest things I've read in a long time!

Reactions: tripdog

Sameoldme

Horology Curious
10/6/18
LA
Thanks to those who contributed. As far as all of the dating suggestions; thanks for that too. Mission accomplished. Overall—mission accomplished.

So, if you’ll entertain and enlighten me please, what exactly would be the draw to someone going all Franken-crazy, or even splurging for an eta movement? It’s a somewhat rhetorical question, but I just don’t see the sense in it really. To each his own, of course.
I would have liked to have more suggestions as far as vintage reps though—it is more difficult to find documentation on the 1:1 closeness of current vintage reps, in comparison to non-vintage. Any “Super Rep”-like advice on vintage Breitling, well any of them please!!

now to Tijuana with strangers....

Sameoldme

Horology Curious
10/6/18
LA
...come on guys, at this rate, I’ll have to go and actually read something online!!! Tighten-up, crew!!