• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What watch boxes are you using?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China

Since joining RWI I have become addicted to this hobby. I am no longer resisting my addiction I decided to combine my other hobby of woodworking to support my purchases. The first box I made held 12, then I moved on to the 36. My 36 watch box is full. Currently, I am working on making another one that will hold 72 watches. I will be using walnut instead of plywood.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13

Since joining RWI I have become addicted to this hobby. I am no longer resisting my addiction I decided to combine my other hobby of woodworking to support my purchases. The first box I made held 12, then I moved on to the 36. My 36 watch box is full. Currently, I am working on making another one that will hold 72 watches. I will be using walnut instead of plywood.
Wow! That is awesome!

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
tkingjr, thanks for posting!

I’ve been trying to find that original post forever.

What winder do you use in that thing again.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

awesome !!

silly really stupid question : are the watches fully secured there or do you rely on the fastening of the bracelet/strap ?

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

just awesome ! wow

Could you please let me know if you have a plan to produce it more and it is available to order?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I have various boxes but my favorite is this Blue Ostrich box with calf suede lining. It is made in Italy by Schedoni of Modena. The retail price was originally several thousand dollars. I have had it many years.

27078201601_9519b8cdb7_b.jpg

26542514663_89871d80ce_b.jpg

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Reactions: SuperLory

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16

Wow... just wow.. Good job!

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
anyone worry about the danger of using a watch winder due to there is magnet inside the electronics motor of the winder? the magnetic field may affect the health of the watches?

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
I have two 18 watch rainers, two of those 20 watch double story wooden cases, a pelican case for my G-Shocks and Ikea pullout drawer for the overflow plus straps, parts and tools.

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
anyone worry about the danger of using a watch winder due to there is magnet inside the electronics motor of the winder? the magnetic field may affect the health of the watches?

I don't use winders. I don't see the point of wear and tear when not using the watch for months at a time.

Zed116610

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/17

wow this is amazing!! great work there buddy!
Do you have actually a guide, how u build that box??

Best, J

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Agree you should sell them they are amazing!
Well done!
Did you consider to add a glass door to protect the watches from dust?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I don't use winders. I don't see the point of wear and tear when not using the watch for months at a time.

if you use winder, you dont have to reset the time and date or moonphase agian and again.

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
if you use winder, you dont have to reset the time and date or moonphase agian and again.

Yeah, I get that but I'd rather have a watch that lasted me longer than having to reset the date and time. Each to their own but I don't care much about the date and usually just set the time. I'll be wearing another watch a day or two later anyhow so I don't bother. I've had a few stems break on me so I try to only use them lightly. I don't think I've ever looked at the date on someone else's watch so I'm sure no one looks at mine. It's my own dirty little secret. If I owned a perpetual calendar I might consider a winder though.

Reactions: Hyjynx