• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any experts with DG2813 Movement? Question!!

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I have a BP Sea Dweller with the 2813 movement which is working just fine. The only issue is that I cannot wind the watch.
The crown rotates without catching anything. I've been wearing the watch, so it keeps perfect time and I haven't needed to wind it at all.
I'd like to figure out if I can fix myself so I can wind the movement in the future. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Sounds like the stem is not engaging...Can you set the time in the 3rd position?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Most probably the keyless works - can you set the time and date ?

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Yes, I can set the time and date. Any tips on how to fix the keyless? Thanks!

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
If you can set time and date it is not the keyless imo...

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yes, I can set the time and date. Any tips on how to fix the keyless? Thanks!

Just leave it as it is, if you try to fix the issue yourself then you'll probable screw up the movement.

A DG usually starts ticking the moment you pick it up and has a reasonably good power reserve, wearing it for the day will give enough reserve for it to still be running the next day.

Reactions: cpd2186

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Just leave it as it is, if you try to fix the issue yourself then you'll probable screw up the movement.

A DG usually starts ticking the moment you pick it up and has a reasonably good power reserve, wearing it for the day will give enough reserve for it to still be running the next day.

True. It works fine. Just would like to be able to wind. Thanks for replies.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

I worked on a dg2813 and got some help from Tripdog. I think his advice is sound. He doesn't give too much rational in his post so you are probably thinking that you still want to fix it. Here are a couple of pretty sound reasons to NOT try and fix it:

1) The DG2813 movement is super cheap. You can buy a brand new one for $25-30 so how much time are you really willing to spend for that much. Just buy a new one and replace the movement if it bothers you.

2) This movement is not really meant to be serviced or worked on. I'm not saying you can't, but it isn't an easy movement to work on so it's probably not the best place to start working on a keyless or whatever else is wrong