• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The bezel fell of my Omega 300 MK, am I screwed? :(

prefor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/17
Hello guys!

I've had this watch for about 2-3 months and what happened to me, was when i sat in the buss today, the bezel from my Omega 300M just fell off.
I was lucky that I even managed to find it and notice that it fell since I didn't hear anything when It touched the ground.

But I don't know what to do right.
Should I use some kind of super glue or try to find those yellow thingy and apply it again?
Whenever I put it back the bezel just pops off again.. I think that the yellow glue thingy isn't holding it anymore...

am I screwed? I can't buy watch a new watch right now :(
Is there anything I could buy to be able to fix it? :)

Here is 2 pictures of how it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/yzA4iiQ

The watch model is Omega 300M MK Factory. Here is a link from where I bought it:
https://www.intime03.co/omega/3809-seamaster-300m-ss-mk-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-blue-ceramic-bezel-on-ss-bracelet-a2824.html

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
The adhesive patches need to be replaced, hardly the end of the world. Alternatively, you could heat the adhesive on the bezel and the insert with a hair dryer and remount it, holding it for a while until the adhesive cools.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
They use adhesive & NOT epoxy for a reason. If you use epoxy and it gets on the wrong place the bezel can get locked in place and also if there is ever a need to take the bezel off you won't be able to

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Personally I'd use a couple of dabs from a heated glue stick this way it can be heated and removed if necessary.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Just use doublesided tape and cut it in shape of the insert. You did mean the insert and not the bezel right?

prefor

18/8/17
The adhesive patches need to be replaced, hardly the end of the world. Alternatively, you could heat the adhesive on the bezel and the insert with a hair dryer and remount it, holding it for a while until the adhesive cools.

Do you know where I can buy those adhesive patches? I tried to find them in Amazon, but didn't find any since I don't know which one will fit and works with a watch :)

No big deal, nothing some GS hypo can't fix.
Isn't that some kind of glue? I think I've heard of them, and even have one at home :p

They use adhesive & NOT epoxy for a reason. If you use epoxy and it gets on the wrong place the bezel can get locked in place and also if there is ever a need to take the bezel off you won't be able to

Sooo epoxy is a no go then! Good to know! I found clip in YouTube where they used Epoxy, I was damn near to buy one, just go fix the watch :O

Personally I'd use a couple of dabs from a heated glue stick this way it can be heated and removed if necessary.
It feels so messy to use glue stick. I mean will it even fit in the insert?

Just use doublesided tape and cut it in shape of the insert. You did mean the insert and not the bezel right?
Which tape? Like regular double sided tape? :)
Well, it's actually both of them. However I can feel on the bezel that the stickiness isn't that good anymore.

Rokerite

29/1/17
Get some turps and remove the old double sided tape carefully then stick it back on using new double sided tape or uhu glue. Don't use superglue whatever you do.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
You can glue it back down with whatever you like - just remember that the stronger the glue, the more careful you need to be!

The way to do the job properly is to pop off the bezel, clean it, clean the insert (which is what has actually fallen off), glue the insert into the bezel and then put the assembly back on the watch.

if you don’t want to try to remove the bezel ring, you will be best off using tiny pieces of double sided tape. Cut them so they fit on the flat part of the bezel ring, and then push the insert on to them.

Make sure you plan how you’re going to align the triangle with the 12 before you do it, otherwise it never line up again!

Personally I’d remove the bezel ring, as it’ll be easier to do a decent job of reinstalling the insert neatly and in a nice position with the triangle properly aligned with the scallops.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I've been searching for a good adhesive tape, since I don't want to glue anything on it. It feels like it's too messy.

Anyway I found this tape:
https://www.ebay.com/p/3M-300lse-do...iid=230983102051&_trksid=p2056116.m4096.l9055

I will not buy it from eBay, but what do you think about this adhesive tape? Will it do the job and actually keep it infact? :)

Remove the old double sided tape with white spirit, then degrease the insert and the bezel ring with alcohol. Using a pair of tweezers, place 8 dial dots around the bezel ring, then, making sure that your bezel ring is between 2 clicks, line up the inserts triangle at 12 o'clock, press down firmly all the way around.

You do not need to buy these here, they are available from many sources:

​​​​​​​https://www.ebay.com/itm/Special-self-adhesive-dots-ultra-thin-for-watch-dial-fixation-/182891222114

Reactions: cpd2186

prefor

18/8/17
Hi again!

Sorry if I bring this up again, but u have searched in Amazon, and found a few, but I have no idea if they will work... I mean how many mm should the tape be? And how wide and how many mm should the height be?

I can't buy stuff from eBay since I don't live in the US. The shipping and the customs would make it really expensive :/

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Hi again!

Sorry if I bring this up again, but u have searched in Amazon, and found a few, but I have no idea if they will work... I mean how many mm should the tape be? And how wide and how many mm should the height be?

I can't buy stuff from eBay since I don't live in the US. The shipping and the customs would make it really expensive :/

Erm, eBay is not just based in the US, you can by stuff from sellers in your own country. I gave you a link to Dial Dots - find a seller in your country and order them. Dial Dots come in one size only.