• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GRAND SEIKO Repped?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
The level of finish achieved with the Zaratsu technique is on par with the really top level watches like Patek Philippe or Breguet.

Here's a collage that someone at Watchuseek did with the Zaratsu finished hands of a Grand Seiko and a comparison with Rolex (I think it's a Datejust or Day-Date) and Omega.

Here, as an example, we have a Vacheron Constantin, a Calatrava from Patek Philippe and a pair of Breguet hands:

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I guess I wasn’t the only one today thinking of Seiko. I’d love to see a 10hz sweep. I need to head to the GS store in nyc.

Reactions: johnlogan

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I guess I wasn’t the only one today thinking of Seiko. I’d love to see a 10hz sweep. I need to head to the GS store in nyc.

Yo can always search on eBay and get yourself an old Seiko Lord Marvel. These old fellas are hi-beat 36,000bph and I can tell you the hand just glides over the dial, it's mesmerising. And the price is very decent, below some reps we see here.

Reactions: johnlogan

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I don’t understand why bulova/citizens doesn’t but the precisionist into a slightly higher quality case and dial. Also, why do they make the movement impossible to buy for the micro movement. Well. I understand why, I just wish they would do it.