• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Puretime payments?

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I’m looking at spending a fair amount on Puretimes website, but they no longer take bank transfers or papal just credit cards. I’m not feeling good about my cc info being out there like that? Opinions?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Have you tried emailing Ryan? He might accept PayPal on special cases. Most TDs do when dealing with longstanding members or regular customers.

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
I’m looking at spending a fair amount on Puretimes website, but they no longer take bank transfers or papal just credit cards. I’m not feeling good about my cc info being out there like that? Opinions?

Pure time take BTC!!! it cant be any more simpler than that.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Not that simple. I don't have any single bitcoin, and the prices fluctuate daily (if not hourly or less). I like PayPal, what you see is what you get.

Reactions: rj999

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
Just set everything up. Buy ur coins and then as soon as they hit ur wallet send them to puretime. It won't change in that timeframe. I get you want to do what you want but you can't!! U can only do what they want and this is by far the easiest way.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: racca

clockmaker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/4/16
Mr Gatsby, I struggled with bitcoin the other week. When you say ‘set everything up’ what do you mean? What wallet?

Yourlefttoe

19/4/13
Btc
Easy to load up your wallet and easy to send. I use coinbase. Just think of it like a prepaid debit card

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Btc
Easy to load up your wallet and easy to send. I use coinbase. Just think of it like a prepaid debit card

And the possibility that the rate will have changed by several percent between you raising your order and the TD receiving it. No thanks...

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
And the possibility that the rate will have changed by several percent between you raising your order and the TD receiving it. No thanks...

That's not the case!! You place the order and the order is processed and when you get the email from puretime with your total and their wallet pay right away so you won't have that prob.

Sent from the RWI App

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
That's not the case!! You place the order and the order is processed and when you get the email from puretime with your total and their wallet pay right away so you won't have that prob.

Sent from the RWI App

"pay right away"...Bitcoin transactions take on average 10 minutes within the system... Conventional wire transfer or credit card transactions, less than a minute max.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I did not buy from PT last month because it is a pain in the ass :(

No WU, no paypal, no MG, no... no... credit card or BTC are deal breakers for me.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

Sent from the RWI App

Honestly, I would love to use it but I must admit there are many many many hurdles that stop me from using it. I mean, yes, you top up your wallet with X amount in Bitcoins, but if you leave the money there it might end up turning into more Bc or less, depending on the daily rate isn't it? Or is it better to just top it up once PT sends you the link?

Can you do that in a very immediate way? Say, you place an order for a $300 watch, select pay with Bitcoin, PT sends you the link that you can click on and it opens up Coinbase, calculates the amount of bitcoins needed for the transaction and then takes $300 from your payment method straight away? Might test it with a cheap watch...

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
"pay right away"...Bitcoin transactions take on average 10 minutes within the system... Conventional wire transfer or credit card transactions, less than a minute max.

You have no idea what your talking about bro. PT will send you the price. Say $500 and at this point that's 0.06737btc. They send u that number u pay that number and then whatever happens with it is not your issue it's PTs issue. You paid the $500. What ur trying to say is just stright up wrong. And if you don't pay right away and it's mover email Nancy and tell her $500 is now xyz and is the wallet still good and she will day yes. U inky pay what the product is. Once it's gone it's PTs issue if it moves up or down. Not yours. It's never ur issue.

Sent from the RWI App

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
Honestly, I would love to use it but I must admit there are many many many hurdles that stop me from using it. I mean, yes, you top up your wallet with X amount in Bitcoins, but if you leave the money there it might end up turning into more Bc or less, depending on the daily rate isn't it? Or is it better to just top it up once PT sends you the link?

Can you do that in a very immediate way? Say, you place an order for a $300 watch, select pay with Bitcoin, PT sends you the link that you can click on and it opens up Coinbase, calculates the amount of bitcoins needed for the transaction and then takes $300 from your payment method straight away? Might test it with a cheap watch...

Short answer and basically yes this is it in a nut shell if u don't want to hold anything.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17

Ok so this is the non short answer now I have a spare minute. You have coinbase account or whatever one you prefer. I like kraken. You have your $$ in your account just like you would a bank account. You pick and buy your watch. PT then send you the total and their wallet address. You go to you account in this case as you said coinbase and buy the said amount of BTC w the $$ in your account. Takes 10 seconds to do that. Then you input the PT address and send them the amount of BTC for the cost of the watch requested. This whole thing takes 2 mins if that. Once it's sent there is a record of it sent and if it goes up good for PT if it goes down oh well not your issue bc you paid the correct amount of BTC. PT know this and they accept it. It's never an issue of the price of BTC moving for you unless your slow in paying and as I said before if it does move email them the new correct btc amount for the cost of the watch and send it. It's never an issue for you bc your not holding BTC unless you want to. Hope that helps a little and stops the complete misinformation some love to spread about things they don't understand. It's really simple guys. Really is.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Giddy

Yourlefttoe

19/4/13
You just load up your btc wallet when the TD sends you the amount and link

Bloody easier than having to try 3 different dodgy cc gateways and getting rejected or info stolen, or using WU

Reactions: Mr Gatsby