• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help. Canada Custom??

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Canada Post was not really cooperating with us at this time. I now have exact opposite case with this. I purchase c12 rolex xtal from canada member on trf. The package tracking was stopped on 30 June at Chicago international distribution center. I called usps and opened a case and is it is finally moving today. Just got my tracking alert. Even though the contact was between the sender and Canada post, usps open a case and finally get it moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Did you use signature on delivery?

Yeah Canada Post will have to find that package if it was last tracked in Vancouver. I guess maybe you open the investigation with USPS and they will communicate with Canada Post.

Reactions: Alexsuh

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Did you use signature on delivery?

Yeah Canada Post will have to find that package if it was last tracked in Vancouver. I guess maybe you open the investigation with USPS and they will communicate with Canada Post.

Im not sure if theres any for the usps first class international mail.

I’m still waiting for 23min a usps rep. Hope it works out that way.

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
There's no signature required for first class international. The only tracking number is the custom form number. I've used that to ship from US to Canada many times without any issues.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Out of curiosity why did you guys wait three weeks after the parcel disappeared before calling?

Alexsuh

19/5/17
I just finished calling usps and they cannot open a case for First class international mail because its not insured nor guaranteed to deliver. Instead a case open, they gave me a canada custom phone number and suggested to call there..I got this this frustrated suggestion after 1hr 10min waiting the rep...

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Out of curiosity why did you guys wait three weeks after the parcel disappeared before calling?

because it was delivered to the wrong address first then back to the US and then usps returned the package back to canada. At the moment, I only checked on usps so just assumed that 3king received the package. Then few days ago, 3king send me pm that he didn’t receive yet. Since that, I’ve made many calls here and there...I was naive about this before I got the pm...

shiuld I call Canada Custom? What should I do?

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
because it was delivered to the wrong address first then back to the US and then usps returned the package back to canada. At the moment, I only checked on usps so just assumed that 3king received the package. Then few days ago, 3king send me pm that he didn’t receive yet. Since that, I’ve made many calls here and there...I was naive about this before I got the pm...

shiuld I call Canada Custom? What should I do?

Call Canada post and ask them to help find the parcel, if they say they cannot then ask for a supervisor and try that.

You can also try calling customs.

That is about all you can do

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Call Canada post and ask them to help find the parcel, if they say they cannot then ask for a supervisor and try that.

You can also try calling customs.

That is about all you can do

Thanks for your help. I’m calling Canada post again then custom is next but I’m afraid to call Canada custom cuz of its rep watch!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Thanks for your help. I’m calling Canada post again then custom is next but I’m afraid to call Canada custom cuz of its rep watch!

If customs had already looked in the box they would have attempted to collect import taxes from the receiver. That is all they really care about.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Weed and reps are legal here, but free speech is not. Hehe jk

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Weed and reps are legal here, but free speech is not. Hehe jk

Oh didn’t know that before. I thought the opposite.

wolfwood

4/2/11
I called custom once when the tracking said that it was stuck there but they told me they don't have it. It was actually stuck in Canada Post but CP said that they don't have it. I waited for almost 2 months and one day the tracking moved and it arrived shortly.

Alexsuh

19/5/17
I called custom once when the tracking said that it was stuck there but they told me they don't have it. It was actually stuck in Canada Post but CP said that they don't have it. I waited for almost 2 months and one day the tracking moved and it arrived shortly.
3king hope our case works out this way. I’m totally exhausted between usps who cannot open the case and Canada post who can do nothibg for me.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

I've always been curious about that. I mean, you call customs and what do you say? "There's a package there but I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE AND I AM BY NO MEANS RESPONSIBLE FOR IT"?

I'm asking because I too have a package stuck in a Parcelforce depot here in UK and I'm very tempted to call, but honestly I don't know what to say...

Topcatz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
Canada
I have a rep sent to me and it stuck at the Canada customs on July 29 and not moving.

Hopefully it is not seized by customs.

wolfwood

4/2/11
I've always been curious about that. I mean, you call customs and what do you say? "There's a package there but I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE AND I AM BY NO MEANS RESPONSIBLE FOR IT"?

I'm asking because I too have a package stuck in a Parcelforce depot here in UK and I'm very tempted to call, but honestly I don't know what to say...

I think I just told them that my tracking number indicated that my package has been with them for a few months and asked them if they know what happened to it.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

wolfwood

4/2/11
I have a rep sent to me and it stuck at the Canada customs on July 29 and not moving.

Hopefully it is not seized by customs.

2 days is nothing. No worries. They once opened my package which contained an iced out Cartier chrono and they just wrapped it up and forward it to me.

norco61

Horology Curious
26/9/19
Just wanted to ask for your guys advise as I’m looking to ship us to Canada.
Ok to use ups/dhl to make sure it gets through or better to use ems to minimize the chance of it being seized ?
What description should I use / how much value should I note on the package? It’s an assembled watch , if I put parts on the lable and it will be looked at will that matters ?
any input it appropriated ,
regards ,