• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help. Canada Custom??

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Hello,
I live in the US and recently sold my beloved vsf pam441 to Canada member here. I sent it via USPS first class international. The shipping was made through the canada custom first but canada post delivered it to a wrong address. The package was denied and shipped back to the US.
At the moment, the buyer contacted me and I realized it was coming back to me.
Suddenly USPS sent the package back to Canada on June 18 and tracking is now stopped there. I contacted both USPS and Canada post and figured today that Canada custom might seize the package.
Did anybody have similar experience of us? I’m really worry about the penalty and law action from the custom. What is our best scenario and the worst? Please help. -Alex

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13
Canada customs does not seize reps for personal use unless its a large shipment for business purpose, maybe it's just Canada Post's tracking problem, give it a few days and see how it goes

Reactions: Alexsuh

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Probably just rerouted? I've had a package shipped to me bounce between three local hubs for multiple days and I had a package come through Cincinnati ISC and then end up in Chicago ISC also. No figuring out the postal service routing.

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Probably just rerouted? I've had a package shipped to me bounce between three local hubs for multiple days and I had a package come through Cincinnati ISC and then end up in Chicago ISC also. No figuring out the postal service routing.

No its just stopped there. I already requested missing a package and tried to open a case to usps but they say they cannot open the case because its international shipping which already handed to Canada. The rep told me it might be seized by custom.

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Canada customs does not seize reps for personal use unless its a large shipment for business purpose, maybe it's just Canada Post's tracking problem, give it a few days and see how it goes

Good new to hear!!! Hope this is not missing a package. The buyer already talked to Canada post and they advise the sender request to open a case. I tried to do it at usps but they said they can’t. I might call Canada Post tomo and try to open the case there.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Did you disclose the contents? Most reps the customs agents would not be able to tell gen vs rep. Most seizures if heard about tend to originate from Asia. I have never heard about seizures between the US and Canada.

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Did you disclose the contents? Most reps the customs agents would not be able to tell gen vs rep. Most seizures if heard about tend to originate from Asia. I have never heard about seizures between the US and Canada.

Nope I put watch/parts on the custom sheet. Nothing detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageHunter

Known Member
30/5/18
How long has it been missing for?
I live in Canada and have sent and received watches to and from the US. My last shipment was inspected by customs and sent through anyway. I don't think they care about Reps.

Alexsuh

19/5/17
How long has it been missing for?
I live in Canada and have sent and received watches to and from the US. My last shipment was inspected by customs and sent through anyway. I don't think they care about Reps.

The date I shipped was on 26 May. The tracking status was stopped on 18 Jun. Between that, the package was here and there.. Mine was passed through at first with no problem but then it came back to the US again then went back to Canada. Something is very weird..

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Usually the sender need to call Canada Post to open an investigation. Give that a try. I think it's just stuck in some limbo and it'll eventually move along.

ImageHunter

Known Member
30/5/18
The date I shipped was on 26 May. The tracking status was stopped on 18 Jun. Between that, the package was here and there.. Mine was passed through at first with no problem but then it came back to the US again then went back to Canada. Something is very weird..

Have you tried running the tracking number through Canada Post tracking? I find the tracking info different (more elaborate) than USPS tracking.

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Have you tried running the tracking number through Canada Post tracking? I find the tracking info different (more elaborate) than USPS tracking.

Yes I do daily. Canada post tracking stopped on June 15. And they said they never received the package. Thats why I’m wondering it is seizing by the custom.

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Usually the sender need to call Canada Post to open an investigation. Give that a try. I think it's just stuck in some limbo and it'll eventually move along.

I really hope it is this case. I’m calling Canada post now and trying to open the case there cuz USPS said they cannot.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I really hope it is this case. I’m calling Canada post now and trying to open the case there cuz USPS said they cannot.

All you can do is contact Canada post as the seller and asked them to find your parcel.

There was probably an error with the interpretation of the delivery address.

3king

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/17
CannaDuh!!
I am the unfortunate Buyer that Alexsuh is trying to send the watch to.
This is the snap shot of the scenic route my watch is taking to get to me.

Canada Post Tracking Info
2018/06/1509:46USLAXA,USAInternational item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
2018/06/1508:26USLAXA,USAInternational item processed in origin country
2018/06/0810:11USSFOA, International shipment has arrived in a foreign country
2018/06/0708:13RICHMOND,BCInternational item being forwarded to destination country
contextual-help-glyph.svg
2018/06/0615:00RICHMOND,BCInternational item was undeliverable. Item being returned to sender.
2018/06/0310:29RICHMOND,BCItem processed
2018/06/0310:26RICHMOND,BCLabel correction applied
2018/06/0310:21RICHMOND,BCItem processed
2018/06/0205:01RICHMOND,BCItem processed
2018/06/0122:18RICHMOND,BCItem processed
2018/06/0122:15RICHMOND,BCInternational item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post
2018/05/3117:19RICHMOND,BCItem has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
2018/05/3003:02USLAXA,USAInternational item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
2018/05/3002:40USLAXA,USAInternational item processed in originating country
2018/05/2612:1390004, USAInternational item mailed in originating country
[h=3]USPS tracking Info[/h] June 18, 2018, 12:09 am
Departed
VANCOUVER, CANADA
Your item departed a transfer airport in METROPOLITAN AREA, VANCOUVER, CANADA on June 18, 2018 at 12:09 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
June 17, 2018, 8:56 pm
Departed
SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES
June 16, 2018, 8:23 pm
Departed
LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES
June 16, 2018, 1:33 pm
Arrived
June 15, 2018, 9:46 am
Processed Through Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 15, 2018, 8:26 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
June 15, 2018, 8:26 am
Arrived at Regional Facility
June 14, 2018
In Transit to Next Facility
June 13, 2018, 10:12 am
LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 12, 2018, 10:08 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
June 11, 2018, 8:40 pm
June 11, 2018
June 10, 2018
June 9, 2018, 8:03 pm
June 9, 2018, 10:44 am
June 9, 2018, 1:31 am
SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 9, 2018, 1:28 am
SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 9, 2018, 12:59 am
SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 8, 2018, 2:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 8, 2018, 10:16 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
June 6, 2018, 3:00 pm
Item refused by addressee - Item returned to sender
CANADA
June 1, 2018, 10:15 pm
Customs Clearance Processing Complete
CANADA
May 31, 2018, 5:19 pm
Processed Through Facility
CANADA
May 31, 2018, 5:19 pm
Customs Clearance
CANADA
May 31, 2018, 10:50 am
Departed
VANCOUVER, CANADA
May 31, 2018, 4:20 am
Departed
May 30, 2018, 8:47 pm
Arrived
May 30, 2018, 3:02 am
Processed Through Regional Facility
May 30, 2018, 2:40 am
May 30, 2018, 2:40 am
Arrived at Regional Facility
May 29, 2018
May 28, 2018
May 27, 2018
May 26, 2018, 12:13 pm
USPS in possession of item
LOS ANGELES, CA 90004
I have Called Canada post twice and was assured that they will try to locate the parcel and every time i was on the phone with them they apologized for their screw up. It is kind of hard to yell at someone that is admitting their incompetence. the last time i called Canada post the rep suggested that the Sender should report the parcel missing and at the same time was told by the rep that it is not unusual for customs to hold the package for upwards of 2 weeks at a time .

In all this Alexsuh has been very helpful and has gone above and beyond trying to do everything he can to make sure the watch is delivered to me. He is an amazing seller and is very worried that i might not end up receiving my watch, even though i have told him that it is alright if I loose a few bucks and not receive the watch. That's the cost of getting into this hobby

Alexsuh

19/5/17
All you can do is contact Canada post as the seller and asked them to find your parcel.

There was probably an error with the interpretation of the delivery address.

I did called Canada post. After 30min talking, I’m very frustrated. Micheal@Montreal Canada Post(asked his rep ID but there isn’t, total assxxxx) said this shipping was a contract between me and usps. I should open the case with USPS ,not the canada post. I said I already talked to USPS and they said they have a proof that package was handed to Canada on Jun 18 12:09am. And there’s nothing they can do about opening a case. Here’s snap shot of Last tracking history on USPS side.

June 18, 2018, 12:09 am
Departed
VANCOUVER, CANADA
Your item departed a transfer airport in METROPOLITAN AREA, VANCOUVER, CANADA on June 18, 2018 at 12:09 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

And here’s last tracking on Canada Post
Date
2018/06/15

Time
09:46

Description
International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

I now calling USPS again and trying to open a case again. Micheal@Canada Post told me that if I open the case with usps, then they can contact Universal postal union and start the investigation. I don’t know this is true or not.

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Alexsuh that sounds pretty logical to me.

Try being really friendly and mindful of your phrasing when dealing with them

I understand what Canada Post is trying to say. I might be little stressed by the ping pong game between Usps and Canada post. Am now calling usps now and see what they can do.