• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lowballers

Conta1990

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/1/16
Hi guys! I only want to write something about this member, I don’t know if It’s the right section. As you could see, I made a sales post of my Ap15400 Jf v3 3/4days ago. A lot of people asked me for this piece but he was the first one so I put him before everyone.
xkavaz he asked me for better shots, video, he asked me to keep it for him until Saturday and then tomorrow morning he’ll pay it. Well, last night I made him a “wrist roll” as he asked me while he told me that he was sure of his decision (buy). Today, as I didn’t see any answer, I wrote him 2emails and also a message through rwi but 0 response.
hope anyone wouldn’t make a deal with this person.
I missed a lot of offers for this lowballer.

thank you for reading!

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
This is why I think the seller should be able to exercise reasonable discretion based off what they can see on the forum of the poster's history.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
Goes with the territory of selling

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Happens a lot really.

Buyer disappears after saying he wants it and receiving PP instructions.

I now ask the buyer to confirm that he can pay within 1hour before I send him my PP details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: erekose

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Part of the game, it happens to all of us....Apparently "I will buy it" doesn't mean anything to a few people.
Just report to the mods, forget the ass and sell to the next one

Reactions: erekose and mech500

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Happens a lot really.

I now ask the buyer to confirm that he can pay within 1hour before I send him my PP details.

Think I should follow your style. Send details only if buyer agrees to pay within a certain time frame. Just dealt with one clown saying "I'll TAKE IT!" and until today one bloody week and he disappeared. Balls....

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Part of the game, it happens to all of us....Apparently "I will buy it" doesn't mean anything to a few people.

The irresponsible few people. Maybe should compile a list of lowballers and those who take genuine sellers for a ride. Warn other sellers not to deal with these fellas.

Conta1990

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/1/16
Hope that person doesn’t desire to repost my sale in a few time with my pics.

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Your title is misleading. Seems he’s more a flake. That’s the nature of the m2m beast. Contact the others who have shown interest. Remember you’re not obligated to sell to anyone merely because they were “first in line.”

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Happens a lot really.

So he confirms...and then he does not pay...it's all the same, these greaseheads will be here forever, name and shame would be good imo

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

Agreed. Move on. Don’t let it bother you.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Ah, the old adagio comes to mind: buyers are liars!

I started doing that 1h policy too. Once PayPal details are sent, it's on hold for 1h and if no funds received goes back to the market.

For that to work, though, I always think you have to be pretty honest and transparent. Be sure to mention that in your advert, and make sure that the buyer and you have agreed a final price (including shipping) before sending any PayPal info. Once the buyer is ready to pay, ask if payment can be done in 1h and if it's a yes, send the details.

And don't forget to be nice across the whole process. Remember that you are selling a watch that you once enjoyed and the buyer is actually sharing that same hobby with you. I see m2m as a really good way to not have much pressure when buying new watches, knowing that at the end of the day someone will be interested in enjoying that watch once I get bored or I need funds for another thing!

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Ah, the old adagio comes to mind: buyers are liars!

I started doing that 1h policy too. Once PayPal details are sent, it's on hold for 1h and if no funds received goes back to the market.

For that to work, though, I always think you have to be pretty honest and transparent. Be sure to mention that in your advert, and make sure that the buyer and you have agreed a final price (including shipping) before sending any PayPal info. Once the buyer is ready to pay, ask if payment can be done in 1h and if it's a yes, send the details.

And don't forget to be nice across the whole process. Remember that you are selling a watch that you once enjoyed and the buyer is actually sharing that same hobby with you. I see m2m as a really good way to not have much pressure when buying new watches, knowing that at the end of the day someone will be interested in enjoying that watch once I get bored or I need funds for another thing!

Agreed.....and let's be honest, it happens not that much. The majority on the fora love watches, are collectors ect...so 99% will be good...read the salesreviews with members and you will see who is to trust and who not...

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I give people 30 minutes if I have lots of interest.... it doesn't take a long time to open PP app while you were exchanging PMs back and forth anyways...

That's when you get the odd "I'll send you the payment in a few hours when I'm back home". Seriously guys, if you can reply a sales PM you should be able to send payment.

Tbh, I have seen it from the buyer perspective too. I recently had to walk out from a sale because the seller was replying at a 1PM/day rate, and never sent me the PayPal address after 4 days of putting the watch ohpf. I ended up buying another watch. Bear in mind my first PM was saying I was happy with the price and had the money ready, lol. So yes, it happens in both sides of the business.

Technit1957

Renowned Member
19/12/13
I am in sales by trade. I own my own business and its all about the science of selling. When you put something out there for sale you should expect several types of people to respond. Some are buyers and some are lookers. Lots of sellers here get upset when somebody opens up with a very low offer. Its a starting offer and by nature it should be very low. The sellers goal is to get his ask and the buyers goal is to get the best deal possible. It never bothers me when the first offer is very low. Its all part of the sale to negotiate to try to get your ask. A seller who gets his feelings hurt, probably won't sell very successfully. Always state in your post what your sales rules are. I give an interested member a 20 min. pending funds hold. If he doesn't answer back in 20 minutes I move on to the next member. Maybe if we could post the names of the members who disappear after the " I'll take it", it would cut down on disrespecting your sale.

Sent from the RWI App

Teenyweeny

29/11/17
This is quite common or at least in my experiences, talking from my own experiences. But I don’t sell here or on any RWG or Sister forums. I usually sell local via local selling platforms.

What I usually do is I’ll never commit to reserve any items unless deposits are placed in consideration. And the terms of holding have to be clearly spelled so that the holding time should not be indefinite.

Good luck to your sales :)

Reactions: Technit1957

Teenyweeny

29/11/17
The sellers goal is to get his ask and the buyers goal is to get the best deal possible. It never bothers me when the first offer is very low. Its all part of the sale to negotiate to try to get your ask. A seller who gets his feelings hurt, probably won't sell very successfully.

Sent from the RWI App

Totally agreed.
I mean for sales professionals or those who are born natural salesman, it won’t matter. For those aren’t , one way is not to take it too personal. It’s just business. Both for buyer (who always look for the best bargain) and the seller (who always look to sell at the biggest margins or in the case of selling preowned reps, the least depreciation).

Reactions: Technit1957

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I am in sales by trade. I own my own business and its all about the science of selling. When you put something out there for sale you should expect several types of people to respond. Some are buyers and some are lookers. Lots of sellers here get upset when somebody opens up with a very low offer. Its a starting offer and by nature it should be very low. The sellers goal is to get his ask and the buyers goal is to get the best deal possible. It never bothers me when the first offer is very low. Its all part of the sale to negotiate to try to get your ask. A seller who gets his feelings hurt, probably won't sell very successfully. Always state in your post what your sales rules are. I give an interested member a 20 min. pending funds hold. If he doesn't answer back in 20 minutes I move on to the next member. Maybe if we could post the names of the members who disappear after the " I'll take it", it would cut down on disrespecting your sale.

Sent from the RWI App

^^^ This.

I manage a sales team myself and we hear countless "I am definitely interested" that never go anywhere. Same with "I only have XXX budget" and any stances between that. We all have interests, and the buyer too.