• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best looking dream dress watch?

Fstbiker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/6/18
So many catch my eye, like the skeletons and tour billion. What do you think would be your dream Rep what?

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Breguet Fusee Tourbillon

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Patek 5020R -- doesn't get much better in my opinion ...

V617EZT.jpg

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
In my opinion, the dial should not be too busy for a real dress watch. Two or three hands and at most a date complication, that's it.

That been said, my favourite dress watch is the Cartier Tank Solo:

The Jaeger LeCoulter Master Ultra Thin Small Second is also very nice:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
To me, a dress watch has to be simple, that doesn't attract too much attention, and sober. No subdials and complications, and should go on leather strap if possible.

Given that we talk in the context of reps, I think it's worth mentioning watches that have good replicas available. Both the Tank from Cartier and the Master Ultra Thin from JLC are very good reps.

You also have the JLC Reverso which works really well in formal attire:

BLrpNa6.jpg

And this is my old IWC Portofino, which works really well too and the rep is considered one of the closest to the original. A really nice watch:

bmIQASw.jpg

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
In my opinion, the dial should not be too busy for a real dress watch. Two or three hands and at most a date complication, that's it.

That been said, my favourite dress watch is the Cartier Tank Solo:

The Jaeger LeCoulter Master Ultra Thin Small Second is also very nice:

Couldn't agree more. The tank solo is perfect.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: trendconcept

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
To me, a dress watch has to be simple, that doesn't attract too much attention, and sober. No subdials and complications, and should go on leather strap if possible.

Given that we talk in the context of reps, I think it's worth mentioning watches that have good replicas available. Both the Tank from Cartier and the Master Ultra Thin from JLC are very good reps.

You also have the JLC Reverso which works really well in formal attire:

BLrpNa6.jpg

And this is my old IWC Portofino, which works really well too and the rep is considered one of the closest to the original. A really nice watch:

bmIQASw.jpg

Both watches are beautiful and perfect as dresswatch. I like the monochromatic look combined with brown boots on the first picture.

Remember who you sold your Portofino to?

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Teecey09

Known Member
10/6/18
U.K.
I’m looking for a dress watch too, for my sisters wedding in a few months time. I like the look of the tank solo but there’s so much choice elsewhere too it’s hard to single it down!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Both watches are beautiful and perfect as dresswatch. I like the monochromatic look combined with brown boots on the first picture.

Remember who you sold your Portofino to?

Haha, I do remember perfectly, sir. And I hope you are still enjoying it in good health!

I realised that, with time, you learn to understand what do you love and what do you have to pass. For me, a watch with no lume might be super attractive, but in the end I know I won't wear it as much. And even with that, I really liked that Portofino! It's super sober. Did you buy a new strap or just kept the original one?

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
Haha, I do remember perfectly, sir. And I hope you are still enjoying it in good health!

I realised that, with time, you learn to understand what do you love and what do you have to pass. For me, a watch with no lume might be super attractive, but in the end I know I won't wear it as much. And even with that, I really liked that Portofino! It's super sober. Did you buy a new strap or just kept the original one?

Still love it! It's on an OEM strap now. I think you've seen the picture.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
I’m looking for a dress watch too, for my sisters wedding in a few months time. I like the look of the tank solo but there’s so much choice elsewhere too it’s hard to single it down!

You don't have to limit yourself to one. That's the advantage of replicas. Although, I have to admit, my Tank Solo is not a replica. Unfortunately, the hands of the Rep Tank are too bright. In the original, the steel was blued. It gives this inimitable blue tone. On the Rep, however, the hands were only painted blue. Furthermore, the color of the cabochon is not correct; the cabochon is the little blue piece on the crown. If you like rectangular watches, I'd go for the Rep JLC Reverso. It's closer to the gen.

Reactions: Teecey09

Teecey09

Known Member
10/6/18
U.K.
You don't have to limit yourself to one. That's the advantage of replicas. Although, I have to admit, my Tank Solo is not a replica. Unfortunately, the hands of the Rep Tank are too bright. In the original, the steel was blued. It gives this inimitable blue tone. On the Rep, however, the hands were only painted blue. Furthermore, the color of the cabochon is not correct; the cabochon is the little blue piece on the crown. If you like rectangular watches, I'd go for the Rep JLC Reverso. It's closer to the gen.

I’ll take a look at the reverso now :) cheers!

bigtimerush

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
20/5/18
San Diego, CA
For a wedding it may also be something special, e.g. a beautiful Rolex Cellini with Everrose gold. There is a very good replica of this classy timepiece. Have a look (this is a rep!):

Where can I find this rep? I love cellinis and im about to purchase my first rep. :)