• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me decide based on ease of servicing

idfrwi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/16
I'm looking to buy a Tudor Pelagos Black. Options are ZF version with A2824 or V6F version with decorated miyota 9015. I'd be happy to be able to replace the movement when it's time to service it on my own.

On which of the two will it be easier? The decoration slightly frightens me.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Since it's a closed caseback the decoration means little or nothing. Both movements are available on eBay and other places tho the 9015 will be just a plain MVT.
Personally I'd go the A2824

idfrwi

9/9/16
Since it's a closed caseback the decoration means little or nothing. Both movements are available on eBay and other places tho the 9015 will be just a plain MVT.
Personally I'd go the A2824

Thanks! Are there any dimension differences because of the decorations? Will a vanilla 9015 from ebay just fit into the case?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
it should fit since decoration can only increase dimensions and not otherwise
Personally i would avoid decorated movements if i could

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Thanks! Are there any dimension differences because of the decorations? Will a vanilla 9015 from ebay just fit into the case?

If by decorated you are referring to engraving on the MVT it will make no difference at all.

idfrwi

9/9/16
If by decorated you are referring to engraving on the MVT it will make no difference at all.

I'm looking at the movement picture in here, it doesn't look like only an engraving compared to the original movement. I'm not an expert at all though, that's why I ask.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I'm looking at the movement picture in here, it doesn't look like only an engraving compared to the original movement. I'm not an expert at all though, that's why I ask.

That's a standard 2824, maybe you're looking at the movement retaining ring, which isn't part of the movement anyway. A 2824 is a 2824, if it's what's in the watch then it can be replaced by any 2824 - Swiss or clone.

Or maybe you're looking at the rotor, this can be swapped over if you want to the replacement movement.