• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

South Korea

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
Im visiting South Korea soon and wondered if anywhere worth visiting for reps ?

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Never heard any fanfare over Korean reps. I would imagine they're mostly Chinese, and if geared towards tourists you should expect Canal St. quality...

zexynova

Renowned Member
27/12/15
was there recently, dont see many rep stuff around. even lady bags zero. at most you can see are rep SUPREME shirts, CHAMPION and those hipsters brands. But do enjoy Korea for clothing shopping, their local brand are pretty good quality

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
Seoul, Gwangju and Busan - Lots of walking in markets over 3 weeks but nothing found. The odd very bad rolex rep but no reps seen anywhere.

Imitation Alley in Busan was awash with fake stussy and supreme and two sellers with poor quality LV handbags but no watches.

Big surprise as I thought they would have at least had some.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Guangzhou is the Mecca for reps. I have been to the ROK before and I personally dislike Seoul as a city. DPRK is interesting but tourism there still is a bit risky even after their reform and opening plan was published.

cashmachine

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/18
If there are no B&M for reps I heard from friends and family living in Korea that shipping from China to SK is very fast - you could order ahead of time and pick it up there as an option.

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Yep. Most reps are from China. Try Itaewon and Dongdaemoon. I saw many rep sellers for clothes and bags but it was many years ago. These are only place I can imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cashmachine

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/18
Yep. Most reps are from China. Try Itaewon and Dongdaemoon. I saw many rep sellers for clothes and bags but it was many years ago. These are only place I can imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say Itaewon and Dongdaemoon would be a good place to start. From looking it up it looks like many online Korean vendors carry legit reps (NOOB, JF, MK, etc) but be wary of the street vendors as apparently people buy from the street and the watch collects moisture inside the dial after few weeks due to the humidity :eek:

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
In 3 weeks I saw no watches for sale (apart from a few very very poor reps). Lots of fake young brands - stussy, supreme, Margaret Howell etc and poor quality GG belts / bags and Hermes belts.