• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Silencing a Miota 9015?

sliterio

Known Member
24/8/16
Hello good folks!

Is there a way to properly silence the rotor on a Miota 9015? Or at least mute it significantly while still having the auto winding feature.

Cheers

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I don't believe you can ever make it really quiet. Lube will help. But as it winds in only one direction and spins freely in the other, it will always be a bit noisier than a bi directional winding rotor.

sliterio

Known Member
24/8/16
Thanks for your input.

What type of lube would you use? I know, they are a bit noisy but some of them sounds like a rusty spinner going around inside, hehe..
Also I believe some would advice against using some type of lube, because some might seep into the movement. I am not sure at all, but I have been searching around before and I believe that was mentioned, but no resolution..

Cheers

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I had the sane question recently but not much luck ;)

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Something like Novostar B would be fine but you need very little. The noise is not always about oil .
There can be other reasons.
Better to get an experienced watch smith to look at it if you can.

DeWalt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/18
I used to have this as a base movement in an old Landeron watch.

I realise that this kind of defeats your post as far as keeping the auto wind, but the previous owner had actually removed the rotor and used it as hand wind only. I did not find this a real issue myself and enjoyed it in that state for several years.

DW

sliterio

Known Member
24/8/16
Removing the rotor is a fine solution for me. As long as there is no display caseback, hehe. But there is in my case. Beautifully decorated decoration plates seem often to have the Miota 9015 as a base.

Cheers