• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Oyster Perpetual 39mm 114300 JF

The_Forum_Drunk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/4/18
USA
I'm really keen to acquire this watch, but I'm a little hesitant, because what happens if the movement just goes bad, because from reviewing it, I need to get it serviced to clean out gunk and debris, and oil it properly?

Is it possible to drop in an ETA movement? Is it very difficult to repair the Asian ShangHai Super 3132 Clone Automatic Movement?

https://puretime.io/oyster-perpetua...ion-red-grape-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sh3132.html

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
Don't know it this applies to 3132 but I have a SH3135 that works just fine (not serviced yet) The problem will be to repair it with GEN parts if it brokes. Source the pieces could be difficult and EXPENSIVE...

Reactions: capice

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
I'm really keen to acquire this watch, but I'm a little hesitant, because what happens if the movement just goes bad, because from reviewing it, I need to get it serviced to clean out gunk and debris, and oil it properly?

Is it possible to drop in an ETA movement? Is it very difficult to repair the Asian ShangHai Super 3132 Clone Automatic Movement?

https://puretime.io/oyster-perpetua...ion-red-grape-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sh3132.html

Ive owned this watch several times and each time it came with problems. Even after i sent it off for cleaning, oiling etc. Unless you spring for a FULL service i would not recommend it.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
I think it’s a hit or miss thing. Had mine for half a year. Keeps good time and works like a charm. No servicing whatsoever.

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
I think it’s a hit or miss thing. Had mine for half a year. Keeps good time and works like a charm. No servicing whatsoever.

Im jelous lol. Because i do love the watch. In fact i might rebuy it again ans test my luck.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I had the bp grape but could not get over the not-like-gen thicker bezel, wrong hour hand shape, wrong rehaut..

I want a JF grape but yeah I guess sh movement is a crapshoot even when serviced?

Can you swap for the eta2824? I know the crown height is the same as the 3135 but hands probably don’t fit and dial feet would need to be clipped..

Any way we can write to JF and tell them we need an 2824 OP39?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Forum_Drunk

9/4/18
USA
I had the bp grape but could not get over the not-like-gen thicker bezel, wrong hour hand shape, wrong rehaut..

I want a JF grape but yeah I guess sh movement is a crapshoot even when serviced?

Can you swap for the eta2824? I know the crown height is the same as the 3135 but hands probably don’t fit and dial feet would need to be clipped..

Any way we can write to JF and tell them we need an 2824 OP39?

I wish they made it with eta, would make life easier, but I assume they chose not to use it because they wanted the most accurate case size?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

https://puretime.io/oyster-perpetual...et-sh3132.html

I have had this watch for 9 months , never had it serviced . It is still going like a train ( touch wood), runs , winds and sets well . It keeps very good time , more accurate and quieter than many of my gens .

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I have had this watch for 9 months , never had it serviced . It is still going like a train ( touch wood), runs , winds and sets well . It keeps very good time , more accurate and quieter than many of my gens .

Damn... when I see posts like yours it makes me just want to grab one..

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Damn... when I see posts like yours it makes me just want to grab one..

I contacted a watchsmith on this site about servicing it when it arrived . The advise i was given was ' how is it running ' ? I replied 'very well '. They then advised wear it keep an eye on it , you may have received a 'good one ' . If after a short period of time i thought it needed servicing to arrange . The watch has been great , hence never got it serviced .

The_Forum_Drunk

9/4/18
USA
I contacted a watchsmith on this site about servicing it when it arrived . The advise i was given was ' how is it running ' ? I replied 'very well '. They then advised wear it keep an eye on it , you may have received a 'good one ' . If after a short period of time i thought it needed servicing to arrange . The watch has been great , hence never got it serviced .

it seems like a gamble, for every positive story I hear like yours, somebody tells me how it just crapped out on them

Akonhell

10/9/17
I just order a JF gray version, hopefully it doesn't die before it comes to my door. Did anyone else have any luck with it?

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Had mine for 5 months, no issues. Haven't serviced it.
6330caf0e73e1df016d98c1526c68dd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18

Yeah I am about to contact one of the watchsmiths here before ordering. Do you think that’s what they’ll say? “See how it runs and let me know once it’s broken?” At that point won’t it be too late?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Yeah I am about to contact one of the watchsmiths here before ordering. Do you think that’s what they’ll say? “See how it runs and let me know once it’s broken?” At that point won’t it be too late?

That is exactly what the UK watchsmith said to me , he was recommended on here .I was wary of buying the watch , but took a risk with the movement . As i say so far so good .

Reactions: d3s19n

The_Forum_Drunk

9/4/18
USA
Had mine for 5 months, no issues. Haven't serviced it.
6330caf0e73e1df016d98c1526c68dd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I haven't compared the rhodium dial the gen, however grape is just insane, the resemblance to the gen is just outstanding, at least in pictures....