• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MB&F Robot Table Clock Named Sherman

Smosh

Horology Curious
19/3/18
Southern New Jersey, USA
I'm not sure what to make of this on intime...

[video]https://www.intime03.co/mbf/4930-mbf-sherman-happy-robot-clock-by-zf.html[/video]

[video]https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertanaas/2016/01/29/would-you-pay-33000-for-a-table-clock-mbf-hopes-so-meet-sherman-the-robot-clock/#f5a6d5b383f2[/video]
I love it!!! Love it! Not buying it. But, I love it!

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

Reactions: theREALgoat

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Seriuosly, who's idea it was to produce that thing? I'd love to see the business case behind that decision. :confused:

Reactions: Rush

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Seriuosly, who's idea it was to produce that thing? I'd love to see the business case behind that decision. :confused:

bottomupd1ac1ad86cf64150.gif

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
Who even buys this stuff?!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17

The CEO could have deemed it a passion project and green lit the project without the proper approval...but seriously I just wonder why?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Its a shame that they focus on cloning movements or even constructs like THIS
(stated as a cloned tourbillon movement ?!)

but are not willing to put all their effort into replicating decent 3-hand movements without DW complications (for example RM55 or RM35 etc.)

and beside this they fuck the shit up with watches like the RM52 and the hydrocephalus shaped skull on top of a fake tourbillon movement...

And then ZF comes up with a Table clock that looks like a child toy put in a wooden box... I have no words :D

Why is it so complicated repping NTPT, simple skeleton movements that are not based on any standard chinese 23J moments, or cloning ultra thin movements like the Patek 324SC...
- Oh i got it - they needed time, money and resources for projects like this haha

But hey at least we have a rep table clock here :hehehe:

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Its a shame that they focus on cloning movements or even constructs like THIS
(stated as a cloned tourbillon movement ?!)

but are not willing to put all their effort into replicating decent 3-hand movements without DW complications (for example RM55 or RM35 etc.)

and beside this they fuck the shit up with watches like the RM52 and the hydrocephalus shaped skull on top of a fake tourbillon movement...

And then ZF comes up with a Table clock that looks like a child toy put in a wooden box... I have no words :D

Why is it so complicated repping NTPT, simple skeleton movements that are not based on any standard chinese 23J moments, or cloning ultra thin movements like the Patek 324SC...
- Oh i got it - they needed time, money and resources for projects like this haha

But hey at least we have a rep table clock here :hehehe:

The gen doesn't has tourbillion, never does the rep, probably a typoo on their web site.
According to watchbus ZF should be also releasing a new RM very soon.
http://watchbus.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4441&extra=page=1

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
I have a cogsworth table clock that I bought at WDW. Some people like corny tchotchkes like this

904L

Known Member
Certified
11/9/10
bIf it was a more justifiable price to me I would love one of these, sadly at the price point I cant say ill be rushing to get one.