• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sub 116610 VR 2836 Waterproof ? (Sea..)

Bsmneul

ALBANIAC INMATE
INMATE
16/7/16
Hello I’m wondered to know are these watches waterproof for the price they have they must be waterproof if they can copy entire watch details why should it be problem to make it 100% waterproof anyone with VR sub tried it in the pool and most important in the sea salty water makes any damage?
As once i tried noob v7 in the water and after water contact it released fog i tried everything and in the end.. never mind i just dont want to put it on the water if no one tested and without people suggesting me

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
Hello I’m wondered to know are these watches waterproof for the price they have they must be waterproof if they can copy entire watch details why should it be problem to make it 100% waterproof anyone with VR sub tried it in the pool and most important in the sea salty water makes any damage?
As once i tried noob v7 in the water and after water contact it released fog i tried everything and in the end.. never mind i just dont want to put it on the water if no one tested and without people suggesting me

You can make them water proof by having it sent to a watchsmith .. or pay extra from some TD offer this service. As fas as salt water goes you would want to rinse it after with fresh water. .. even with a gen ..salt water is corrosive

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
It’s hit or miss really... These replicas are assembled in less than ideal conditions, sometimes in dirty workshops, with parts with poorer tolerances than their gen counterparts, by workers that don’t get paid to pay close attention to fitting everything perfectly. Then there’s the issue of poor quality control, if any. They can look almost indistinguishable from gen, but almost never perform like gen.

That being said, most of the reps with screwdown crowns and casebacks are pretty safe for swimming. But only after you have them tested. After all, you never know if the worker in the illegal Chinese workshop decided to just fit that deformed o-ring or nicked gasket so he could get that watch off his table.

Long story short, if you care about the watch and want to keep it, get it tested before you go swimming with it.

Reactions: dweller 89

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Bsmneul The watches can be made “water resistant“ by making sure the gaskets are intact and greased. I wouldn’t trust any rep until you have it tested. Salt water is ok as long as you thoroughly rinse the watch with clean water after it is exposed to salt water.

Bsmneul

ALBANIAC INMATE
INMATE
16/7/16
I live in country where no watchsmiths in Serb ia so where should i test it and how much they charge to make it waterproof 100%

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I live in country where no watchsmiths in Serb ia so where should i test it and how much they charge to make it waterproof 100%

You can send it to one of the Supporting Vendors on RWI. You will have to ask them what they charge, but they will seal it up and test it. It will never be "100% waterproof."

Bsmneul

ALBANIAC INMATE
INMATE
16/7/16
Omg you have to buy for 30$ fully waterproof watch im not saying replicas im just saying for other watch brands nevermind and chinese can copy every single detail of genuine rolexes and they can not make the watch full waterproof hahah, how you say it can not be never 100% waterproof... its funny what some of you think

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Omg you have to buy for 30$ fully waterproof watch im not saying replicas im just saying for other watch brands nevermind and chinese can copy every single detail of genuine rolexes and they can not make the watch full waterproof hahah, how you say it can not be never 100% waterproof... its funny what some of you think

There is no watch genuine or replica on the planet which is waterproof.

Sent from the RWI App

Bsmneul

ALBANIAC INMATE
INMATE
16/7/16
There is no watch genuine or replica on the planet which is waterproof.

Sent from the RWI App

Stupiesd thing on planet what you said omg omg how you can say something like this tons of watches are 100% waterproof don’t be stupid

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Stupiesd thing on planet what you said omg omg how you can say something like this tons of watches are 100% waterproof don’t be stupid

Please don’t be so mean to me with the name calling and I promise to explain to you why you are wrong and have no idea what you are talking about

Sent from the RWI App

massari74

Horology Curious
4/6/10
No genuine watches are waterproof?
:))
What???

Yes Rolex deepsea just went to the... deepest sea spot on the planet
Ahaha

Actually I did swim several times with my old seadweller replica from Noob. Both sea and pool.
Nothing never happened.
And i always wear my replica while washing hands etc. Always cold water, no temperature stress anyway.

Then I tried the same thing with a crappy replica bought in Bangkok, completely full of fog!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
No genuine watches are waterproof?
:))
What???

Yes Rolex deepsea just went to the... deepest sea spot on the planet
Ahaha

Actually I did swim several times with my old seadweller replica from Noob. Both sea and pool.
Nothing never happened.
And i always wear my replica while washing hands etc. Always cold water, no temperature stress anyway.

Then I tried the same thing with a crappy replica bought in Bangkok, completely full of fog!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Do you know what your noob SD and Bangkok replica have in common?

Neither of them are waterproof, although they do having varying degrees of water resistance.

Sent from the RWI App

lrnz

27/1/17
EU
Have it tested. It depends on the watch you get.
last year I bought a v7 sub that passed 6 atm test, some months ago I bought another v7 and it leaked at the 32 minute mark by the crystal gasket.
So you don't know unless you test them.
If you don't test 'em, simply don't put them in water. Better safe than sorry ( and with a lighter wallet )

DeWalt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/18
I’ve only bought one Rep from new (via a TD) and it came with a “water resistant” rating of 50m. Sure, they claim that the case dimensions etc. are exact to the original, but my guess is that they also add in a fudge-factor to cover their backsides and take into account manufacturing tolerances that are not dectable to the naked eye.
As mentioned above I would suggest asking a rep-friendly jeweller or service centre testing it before you get moisture anywhere near it.

DW

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

I think your V7 should have given you a hint , i wouldn't recommend jumping in either the sea or pool in it .

Bsmneul

ALBANIAC INMATE
INMATE
16/7/16
It doesn't mean so because i have another sub aaa 2813. and i risked with it and i swim in pool in sea and no problems had luck with it AAA rep

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

I really try to be nice to you and help you, but you truly a moron. Now listen up and learn something from Maron