• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheaper reps from TD’s?

owfwubwb

Horology Curious
18/5/18
Do any of the TD’s sell cheaper reps? By cheaper I mean in the DHGate price range of 60-90 usd?

Im looking to buy, but I’m hesitant to spend 300 or more usd for my first rep.

I would however prefer my money go to a TD who doesn’t use stock photos, and who can describe the materials and movements the watch is made from.

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
You can get them for 200usd from TDS
Buy cheap and you will just sell it as it will have too many easy tells

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Do any of the TD’s sell cheaper reps? By cheaper I mean in the DHGate price range of 60-90 usd?

I would however prefer my money go to a TD who doesn’t use stock photos, and who can describe the materials and movements the watch is made from.

Try Silix
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/silix

Reactions: sierra-tango

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16

Yes, Silix does. There is a whole section that they call "Economy Watches", where the prices are in the range you specified. For example, they currently have a $ 39 Rolex and a $ 45 Tudor special. However, do NOT expect great quality or any new releases.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Yes, Silix does. There is a whole section that they call "Economy Watches", where the prices are in the range you specified. For example, they currently have a $ 39 Rolex and a $ 45 Tudor special. However, do NOT expect great quality or any new releases.

Agreed. They have them but they will be dog sh!t. Save up your shekels and buy a decent replica owfwubwb

welfare-watch-guy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/18
Don't cheap out on reps...you'll get very poor quality, easy tells, and a watch you'll quickly regret having wasted money on.
The $300-$600 reps are very high quality and will give you many years of pride in ownership. Just be prepared for the possibility you may have to have a watch movement serviced. The H/M/S/date movements are pretty reliable, but the A7750 chrono movements are a bit of a gamble.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Buy a cheap rep as your first one, it’ll give you an idea as to how the watch wears, feels and looks. If you’re happy with it and want a better one once you can see the flaws, flip it here and buy the best available. Better to lose $30 finding the right watch than waste $300 on a watch you hate.

Most of the people saying cheap reps are no good have never handled one.

I’d recommend you try Narikaa, his are around $120 and at least 90% as good as anything else on the market.

Reactions: Rep_Fan

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Don't buy a shitter - false economy. Buy a proper rep and have a better start in the hobby.

sierra-tango

Known Member
15/3/18
Sure, Silix is one way to go as Tucker mentioned.
Other than that, every TD can pick you a low end REP - in most circumstances the version (maker / batch 1, 2, 3, 4 ) is unclear for us.
Our trusted dealer Sead is also offering some nice REPs in US 100 - 150 US range.

Well, a nasty sh#tter for US 30 - 50 is a nice first purchase to get a feeling for this hobby and you also can use it as your daily beater on your wrist while doing nasty things which could hurt GEN owners (stressing the movement by playing tennis / jogging / mountain biking / motorcross ... ). Furthermore, if you want to learn how to service watches you can also learn by practising as we can read on the best place for REPs -> RWI. :punk:

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Buy a cheap rep as your first one, it’ll give you an idea as to how the watch wears, feels and looks. If you’re happy with it and want a better one once you can see the flaws, flip it here and buy the best available. Better to lose $30 finding the right watch than waste $300 on a watch you hate.

Most of the people saying cheap reps are no good have never handled one.

I’d recommend you try Narikaa, his are around $120 and at least 90% as good as anything else on the market.

I have handle a gazillion trillion google plex of cheap replica watches. Spend the $300 and get something decent. Buy a cheap replica and all your buddies will be laughing behind your back. You will also get absolutely no chicks....no pootang for owfwubwb

Reactions: ssouthall6

owfwubwb

Horology Curious
18/5/18
Buy a cheap rep as your first one, it’ll give you an idea as to how the watch wears, feels and looks.

Yeah that was my thinking. Also to test the waters with customs for the first purchase.

ill give Silix and Narikaa a message and see how I go. Do they still do qc pics and proper package labelling techniques for a cheaper rep?

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Never bought from Silix, but Narikaa is 100% professional. The pics on his site are the actual watch you get, and he has bought all the watches up front so hand selected them as good ones, this is why it only takes 48hrs to get your watch.

PlanetZoom

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/16
USA
Some TDs will sell watch for a lower price if you agree to "wholesale" instead of "retail" terms. Basically, this means you get no warranty. if the watch gets lost or arrives DOA, you are SOL. Some people are ok with taking the risk. Others aren't.

Reactions: sierra-tango