• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V1, V2, V3, etc. ???

Rferr1219

Looking Around
3/4/18
Hello. Probably a dumb question. I’m trying to educate myself and I’d love to know what the V’s refer to, quality?, factory?, models?, etc. HELP???? Thank you!

Sent from the RWI App

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
The V stands for version, as a factory makes improvements to a particularl rep it will be marketed as version 1, version2 etc

Rferr1219

Looking Around
3/4/18
Oh I see, thank you very much! Hmmm...Here’s another beauty in that case, how do we know if we are looking at the newest version or a older version from any particular factory? This answer should totally clear it up for me ????

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Gillesss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/18
On sight it’s a hard tell, usually TD’s will mention it. Some members can tell you almost exactly which version cause they have seen every version and know all the flaws and all the faults.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
The V is indeed the version, but it is only a name ascribed by TDs and Rep enthusiasts, the factory don' call them anything. The watches from what I know are made in batches. The factories change suppliers over time or indeed the part change. I do not know if the factories are in any way striving for perfection but the quality and accuracy does improve over time, I do not know how intentional that is.

Some older models have better features than newer ones and vice versa. I am a fan of the Noob V6s Rolex subs myself as it seems to have most things right but I am not a fan of the Noob V7. The V3 was pretty good for Rolex subs too. If you go cheap and cheerful and get what is called a V1 (it seems to be an amalgam of various parts from various batches from what I can see) you could be lucky too.

As for telling them apart, most of the general public will not even know what brand you are wearing and those that can will not be able to spot a fake. It is all down to you the buyer and whether your lifestyle is conducive to pulling it off. Or you could be like me, a magpie, who cannot resist anything shiny and could care less if people know if it fake or not, and I proudly tell them it is if they ask.

Remember this

vc7vgCb.jpg

Rferr1219

Looking Around
3/4/18
Haha, I like that. Thank you!

BTW I Believe I’m Exactly Like You Are In That Regard. I’d Have No Problem Talking About That Good Rep That I’m Wearing, With The People I Know, I’d Probably Make A Customer. Since I’ve Been Around Watches For Over 40 Years, I Don’t Think I Could Get That Excited About Pocketbooks, Sunglasses, Or Clothing, (maybe Pens a Little) Etc.

I’m A Retired Jewelry Shop Owner, Until Recently, And Before I Got Interested In Reps, I’ve been Into Vintage Gens For Years, It Has Been A God Sent Because It Has Helped Me Break-Up With Some Gens I’ve Been Hoarding To Fund Some Great Reps. I Also See Reps As A Great Hobby With Enough Information To Continue To Educate Myself, Enough To Make It Consume My Life In My Retirement To Learn Everything I Can.

Gotta Get The Most Knowledgeable Amongst These Groups On Reps And Force Him or Her Write A Book. Factories, Grades, Movements, ETC. Be A Great Book IMO

Robert

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk