• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why ALL Gentlemen NEED Harry Winston reps! The New Midnight Line!

bwinterwell

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/4/18
Yep -- and its tough to be respected as a jack of all trades. Few restaurants make a hamburger, spaghetti & meatballs and a souffle really well haha.

Ever been to a Gordon Ramsey restaurant? He does a pretty good job with all of those. Cartier is in the same boat as HW, mate (ie: Jewellery and Watchmaking). Only diffirence is that Cartier has been at it for longer.

bwinterwell

4/4/18
Full rotor automatic movement by Patek. Total of 213 parts including 29 jewels. Geneva Seal certified. 3.3mm thick movement. this should say all. and btw the lug system this harry uses is what you find on alot of vacherons...

So it will be an abomination for you to buy a watch just because you like it? It has to tick all boxes and be able to collect the "oohs" and "ahhs" at the Baselworld cafeteria? Interesting.

bwinterwell

4/4/18
that big date looks pretty good IMO.

Doesn't it?

A couple In The Wild shots for the Big Date Rose Gold and the Big Date White Gold.

44.jpg

Elegant-White-Gold-Cases-Harry-Winston-Midnight-Big-Date-MIDABD42WW001-Replica-UK-Watches-Appreciated-By-Steve-Carell.jpg

Keyblue

17/4/17
Dress watch I would probably use the Midnight retrograde seconds.
For example MIDARS42WW001
Also wouldn't mind trying out the more simple versions of their Ocean Chronograph on sport watch events.
Other ones are too "jewelry" for my taste.

Reps would be nice, just because their resell value is terrible so I wouldn't spend gen money to have it rotate in collection.

With that said, you will unlikely find good reps in the short run.
Factories care about volume before starting a new model.
If you're having this much difficulty convincing such a small group of enthusiasts to share your passion, there is going to be even more trouble selling it to the average joe in China.

Good luck in your pursuit.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwinterwell

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
So it will be an abomination for you to buy a watch just because you like it? It has to tick all boxes and be able to collect the "oohs" and "ahhs" at the Baselworld cafeteria? Interesting.

you asking why on the same price range i would not buy this but not that. And patek is not the second known watch after Rolex, that spot is for omega and friends.

bwinterwell

4/4/18
Dress watch I would probably use the Midnight retrograde seconds.
For example MIDARS42WW001
Also wouldn't mind trying out the more simple versions of their Ocean Chronograph on sport watch events.
Other ones are too "jewelry" for my taste.

Reps would be nice, just because their resell value is terrible so I wouldn't spend gen money to have it rotate in collection.

With that said, you will unlikely find good reps in the short run.
Factories care about volume before starting a new model.
If you're having this much difficulty convincing such a small group of enthusiasts to share your passion, there is going to have even more trouble selling it to the average joe in China.

Good luck in your pursuit.

Believe me, I didn't think it would be this intense discussing Harry Winston in the replica community. Boy do they like their standard choices.

oooh. I didn't think about the retrograde seconds. It is even more stunning, adding an interesting element to the dial.

Never really been into sports watches but if I ever we're, I'd definitely pick the Ocean line over a... Submariner or Daytona for example. It is more interesting. It is less cliche. The only comp would be the Calibre De Cartier.

A couple questions, mate. Were you ever aware of HARRY WINSTON timepieces, or had you never known The HW made watches? Also, you only mentioned the Ocean & Midnight. Do you fancy the Premier line, like the one worn by the Prime Minister of Pakistan? I prefer the simplicity of the Midnight, but I think it handsome as well.

bwinterwell

4/4/18
Keyblue Doing research on the HARRY WINSTON Ocean line and I never gave sports watches a look. But this... I would sport this during a ski holiday or the summer.

harrywinston_image.2713658.jpg

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
If you want to advertise the brand you should select better specimens like this one.. now I am impressed..

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
I think HW I think diamonds and Oscars!! Not watches, not even for a second. That said if I like something I buy it no matter the brand or make but I find it hard to think I would take any HW over a PP. They are one of the best watch makers in the world, no one says that about HW!! Just my 2cents worth.

Sent from the RWI App

bwinterwell

4/4/18
If you want to advertise the brand you should select better specimens like this one.. now I am impressed..

Hm. That's a bit too busy for me. Lol.

Harry Winston definitely has a watch for every timepiece nerd. I am still in awe at the success of the Opus. It has its fanbase, even those who pull it off with a suit. Where would you wear the HW Histoire to? Curious.

bwinterwell

4/4/18
I think HW I think diamonds and Oscars!! Not watches, not even for a second. That said if I like something I buy it no matter the brand or make but I find it hard to think I would take any HW over a PP. They are one of the best watch makers in the world, no one says that about HW!! Just my 2cents worth.

Sent from the RWI App

I'm inclined to not oppose anything you said. HARRY WINSTON's empire is the diamond industry. So naturally, their name is synonymous with such. No matter, Bentley was synonymous with grand tourers, yet they released the Bentayga SUV a couple years ago and it has sold by the boat load. Lamborghini has been the Italian translation to 'super sports car', yet the Urus SUV was released a couple months ago, and they cannot keep the order books from weighing a ton.

Companies evolve and grow through the centuries. Nothing stays in it's little society created box for long. HARRY WINSTON entered the watchmaking game in the 80s and have been doing brilliant. I no longer see them as just diamonds, as they have proven to be far more than that.